Thursday, 28 Mar 24, 1:18 PM
Welcome, Guest | RSS
[ New posts · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Lost Girl » Characters » Tamsin (Tammers, T-Sin, Officer Slamsin. Badass Valkyrie.)
Tamsin
Di_CruDate: Wednesday, 09 Oct 13, 5:57 PM | Message # 61
Baby Fae
Group: Users
Awards: 0

Post edited by Di_Cru - Wednesday, 09 Oct 13, 6:12 PM

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 9:25 AM | Message # 62
Kitsune
Awards: 5
Quote marieksparkle
also I found the urban dictionary page of Tamsin http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tamsin

Oh wow it's like there are watching the show LOL the description is spot on!

Scottish for Tamsin is "free spirit", imo it's a better translation and very fitting one. Besides scottish/scandinavian are closer than aramaic/scandinavian could ever be

Added (10 Oct 13, 9:25 AM)
---------------------------------------------
5. Tamsin
Badass, sexy, wild type of girl who won't take your shit. Really intelligent and beautiful.

JTDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 8:12 PM | Message # 63
Kitsune
Awards: 4
It could be something as simple as maybe Tamsin's parents wanted a different name for their daughter?

But after reading that definition from urban dictionary, it's possible the writers chose that name for a reason. I doubt it's sheer coincidence that the character is named Tamsin when it seems that Rachel's physical appearance embodies it to a T. It's also very interesting that aside from everything else, the meaning of the name is very flattering when it comes to personality as well.

"My personality is who I am... my attitude depends on who you are..."

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Friday, 11 Oct 13, 5:11 AM | Message # 64
Kitsune
Now I'm starting to believe the writers made Tamsin based on that Urban Dictionary description lol

marieksparkleDate: Friday, 11 Oct 13, 7:17 AM | Message # 65
Squonk
Awards: 2
Quote JT ()
I doubt it's sheer coincidence that the character is named Tamsin when it seems that Rachel's physical appearance embodies it to a T.
there is one thing that actually bugged me (not considering the urban dictionary post) in the second episode of season 3 where Tamsin hits dyson the last time. Her arms are like not the slightest bit muscly, I was a bit disappointed because when she first enters there is this music and the swagger signaling that someone really powerful is coming and when she hits dyson it has this big impact on him and her character seems really strong and than she has these really skinny arms. I would imagine she had arms like emma swan from once upon a time or even a little less than her would be enough. She (tamsin) doesn't look like someone who fights a lot or is able to stand her ground physically.

I do think that Rachel fits the character though, I think nobody could do it better, she just needs a few more muscles so she actually looks like a big bad valkyrie.  

did anyone notice that too or am I being silly?! I thought about the fact that she doesn't need physical combat because of her power but it's not convincing me.

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Friday, 11 Oct 13, 7:41 AM | Message # 66
Kitsune
maybe she has a good stamina and a good punch up her sleeve. Maybe you don't really need bulgey muscles to give a good punch, just my thoughts smile

marieksparkleDate: Friday, 11 Oct 13, 7:52 AM | Message # 67
Squonk
Awards: 2
hahaha sometimes bulgy muscles still don't imply being able to pack a good punch. (I can say this from experience, being on the receiving end)

I don't want them to be huge just... existent.

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Friday, 11 Oct 13, 8:06 AM | Message # 68
Kitsune
LOL

SHCDate: Thursday, 17 Oct 13, 2:17 PM | Message # 69
Bounty Hunter
Group: Administrators
Awards: 10
So I was checking out the SyFy Lost Girl character bios and I've been wondering something  about Tamsin (well about Valkyries).

Quote"With Hale otherwise incapacitated, Tamsin saunters in to fill the void as Dyson’s partner on the force in the human world. But there’s a catch – she’s Dark Fae. Part of a program to strengthen relations between both Fae clans in the wake of the Garuda’s assault, Tamsin is cool, kickass, and more skeptical than most when it comes to everyone’s favorite Succubus. Tamsin is here to make nice and play by the rules, but her loyalty and trust is not so easily won over. She’s a Valkyrie, a clandestine breed with some serious cred in the Fae world, with an agenda that’s higher than even the Morrigan’s pay grade. And though her powers are as mysterious as her past, there’s no doubt that you’d want Tamsin by your side in a bar-brawl. Who knows, Tamsin might just give Bo a the taste of the Dark that finally tips her over the edge."

Maybe I missed it but I heard of no such thing or even a hint about this during S3. What does it mean? If Valkyries are a clandestine breed of Fae how are they part of the current Fae political system? Anyway if anyone has any thoughts on this it will be appreciated.

Eternal-DustDate: Thursday, 17 Oct 13, 2:30 PM | Message # 70
Food > You
Awards: 11
Quote SheHadACorpse ()
Who knows, Tamsin might just give Bo a the taste of the Dark that finally tips her over the edge.
  Holy crap this line...Yes, please??!!   

As for the clandestine thing, I'm not sure. It could just be Syfy's way of wording it. If the Valkyries have been around for as long as I think they have, then it seems like they transcend the whole political system. They determine the outcome of battles, but does this apply to both fae and human as well? Tamsin stated that she only started slumming as a mercenary when she got weak, so this means she wasn't always tied to the Wanderer's services. If that's the case, who do Valkyries answer to, if at all?

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

JTDate: Thursday, 17 Oct 13, 4:39 PM | Message # 71
Kitsune
Well, thing is, LG writers have always taken liberties with mythology and supernatural lore. I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same with Valkyries and we see something completely different form Norse mythology, but just enough of it for us to recognise what Valkyries are and do.

Still, I'd love for Tamsin to be the one to get Bo back to true unaligned status and have Bo explore her dark tendencies the way we were teased about at the end of s2.

LanieDate: Friday, 18 Oct 13, 4:30 AM | Message # 72
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
I agree, a dark-ish Bo with Tamsin by her side exploring the Dark Fae world a bit more would be a very interesting plot to follow. How dark can Bo let herself be and still keep herself under control?

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Friday, 18 Oct 13, 7:58 AM | Message # 73
Kitsune
Quote Lanie
I agree, a dark-ish Bo with Tamsin by her side exploring the Dark Fae world a bit more would be a very interesting plot to follow. How dark can Bo let herself be and still keep herself under control?

I'm still disappointed that after promoting Dark!Bo in S3 the writers didn't really go there, was kinda false advertising.

JTDate: Saturday, 19 Oct 13, 0:03 AM | Message # 74
Kitsune
Quote ValkyrieLiquorCabinet ()
I'm still disappointed that after promoting Dark!Bo in S3 the writers didn't really go there, was kinda false advertising.
Available to users only

Fangirl-outletDate: Saturday, 19 Oct 13, 2:32 PM | Message # 75
Your face sucks
Awards: 8
Dark!Bo is simply something that the HSG couldn't handle. Maybe now that they've got Tamsin, she can actually go there. It's the perfect opportunity, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Available to users only

"Why do you care so much!?"

Forum » Lost Girl » Characters » Tamsin (Tammers, T-Sin, Officer Slamsin. Badass Valkyrie.)
Search: