Friday, 26 Apr 24, 6:36 PM
Welcome, Guest | RSS
[ New posts · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Lost Girl » Characters » Tamsin (Tammers, T-Sin, Officer Slamsin. Badass Valkyrie.)
Tamsin
omaloraDate: Friday, 04 Oct 13, 1:37 PM | Message # 46
Bounty Hunter
Group: Users
Awards: 4
Tamxietyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Eternal-DustDate: Friday, 04 Oct 13, 2:31 PM | Message # 47
Food > You
Group: Administrators
Awards: 11
Quote (omalora)
Tamxietyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Snap out of it, fool.    (I just really wanted to use this smiley)

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

UberFaenaticDate: Sunday, 06 Oct 13, 10:26 AM | Message # 48
Rakshasa
Awards: 6
I confess I have major Tamxiety, especially in regard to Valkubus, because I just don't trust the show to not cater to other ships at the expense of Tamsin.  Paranoid?  You betcha.

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

SHCDate: Sunday, 06 Oct 13, 1:05 PM | Message # 49
Bounty Hunter
Awards: 10
Quote (UberFaenatic)
I confess I have major Tamxiety, especially in regard to Valkubus, because I just don't trust the show to not cater to other ships at the expense of Tamsin.  Paranoid?  You betcha.

Available to users only

SlightlyTwistedDate: Monday, 07 Oct 13, 1:07 AM | Message # 50
Rakshasa
Awards: 5
I see some of you mentioned at what point you fell for Tamsin, and for me the moment was when she was the only one to believe Bo about Kenzi, and helped her go save her, in the Kenzi Scale. Before that Tamsin didn't even really register in my mind, because I so rarely like getting new characters in shows. But then she helped save my Kenzi, and won my heart!
Then of course I had to re-watch the episodes leading up to that, to actually take in this character, and I was a goner.
She got me to be a shipper as well, finally, because up until then there had not been a romantic couple on this show that I remotely liked. 
And, as I see several of you are, I too am a sucker for the snarky badass, that is vulnerable and broken on the inside. It's just impossible not to love such characters. Kenzi being another one of those, but that's for another thread.

As far as Tamsin's last name goes, it will probably depend on what her father is named (if she even has one, I don't know?), if they follow how last names were given here back in the day. 
Say her fathers name is Odin (just as an example), then her last name would be Odinsdottir, meaning "Odins daughter".
It's my best guess anyway, though I find it hard picturing her with such a last name, because the name Tamsin isn't exactly nordic, but rather aramaic.
So if they're to give her a nordic last name, why didn't they consider her nordic heritage for her first name as well?
I'm guessing the meaning of Tamsin played more of a role there then? Who knows.

Are we sure she's getting a last name though? Kenzi still doesn't have one, so..

Eternal-DustDate: Monday, 07 Oct 13, 12:39 PM | Message # 51
Food > You
The last name thing was something the LG writers hinted at. I don't have a screencap handy, but they said it would be something "Nordic." It's quite odd, like you say, since her first name isn't even Nordic. However, we're not sure if Tamsin is even her given name or a name she's adopted for herself.

SlightlyTwistedDate: Monday, 07 Oct 13, 1:49 PM | Message # 52
Rakshasa
I hope she gets one. Just for the fact that I am curious as to what the LG writers considers nordic names, and if they will consider the time she was born in.
An other option can be that she is named for the land she was born and raised on, or has a connection to, but this didn't start until much more recent times in regards to when she was first born, so [fathersname]dottir is definitely the oldest and therefore the most likely option to go with.

I've been thinking about the name Tamsin though, and it's meaning - twin -. People have pondered this in the most literal form, but it can also mean;

• noun:   a duplicate copy

which can hint to her life cycles, and being reborn, thus making much more sense, since I do believe her name carries a meaning.

Eternal-DustDate: Monday, 07 Oct 13, 3:20 PM | Message # 53
Food > You
Hmm...a duplicate copy...meaning she gets cloned with each life cycle? Her current self dies forever? The memories transfer onto a new "copy" of her?

SlightlyTwistedDate: Monday, 07 Oct 13, 3:30 PM | Message # 54
Rakshasa
Basically, yeah, that's what I would imagine. Her soul, with all it's memories gets transferred into a "copy" or clone of her current vessel. 

I'm not sure how that works though, since she obviously goes through different ages, having been a teenager and all, so this must be true for each life cycle. Unless one life cycle can be considered one period of age, so that she ages with each new cycle. Bit far fetched maybe? 
I don't know. Now I'm confusing myself, lol!

Eternal-DustDate: Monday, 07 Oct 13, 3:57 PM | Message # 55
Food > You
But if we're basing this on her name alone, this would only be specific to her. What about the other Valkyries? I hope they expand more on the Valkyrie life cycle in general.

SlightlyTwistedDate: Monday, 07 Oct 13, 4:12 PM | Message # 56
Rakshasa
Ah, but just because that's her name, doesn't mean it's only specific to her. It just means she was given a name that relates to her life cycles as a valkyrie.

Fangirl-outletDate: Monday, 07 Oct 13, 9:51 PM | Message # 57
Your face sucks
Awards: 8
Quote (SlightlyTwisted)
Ah, but just because that's her name, doesn't mean it's only specific to her. It just means she was given a name that relates to her life cycles as a valkyrie.

Which seems strange. I doubt that there are a number of valkyries that all share the name, and I'm not certain she was given the name. Or perhaps she was given the name by someone sentimental. Meh. I don't know. It could just be an adaptation of her original name, or they could just leave us to ponder it for the remainder of the show's existence. 
Le sigh.

"Why do you care so much!?"

UberFaenaticDate: Tuesday, 08 Oct 13, 1:57 PM | Message # 58
Rakshasa
Awards: 6
I'd like to counter something I heard about ... that Tamsin was jealous of Bo or that she was motivated by jealousy.

I do feel she did long for what Bo had, her close connections, her
integrity and valor...but jealousy is a negative emotion...and usually
people deal with their jealousy with negative behavior...such as trying
to demean or put the object of their envy down or in their place in
order to feel better about themselves.

If Tamsin was motivated by jealousy, she would have rubbed coma fae in her face when Bo asked
about him. Instead, she demurred and changed the subject.

If she were motivated by jealousy, her conversation with Bo in the tub would
have been tinted with venom, not longing and sadness and brokenness.

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

marieksparkleDate: Tuesday, 08 Oct 13, 6:36 PM | Message # 59
Squonk
Awards: 2
I agree with you UberFaenatic, I don't see why someone would interpret her behavior as jealousy fueled. The whole kenzi scale episode wouldn't have happened because you're not going to let someone out of imprisonment if you are jealous of them. Anari behaved like a person who is truly jealous...     

also I found the urban dictionary page of Tamsin biggrin

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tamsin

Eternal-DustDate: Tuesday, 08 Oct 13, 8:15 PM | Message # 60
Food > You
Quote (marieksparkle)
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tamsin

Bwahaha. That's priceless. giggle

Forum » Lost Girl » Characters » Tamsin (Tammers, T-Sin, Officer Slamsin. Badass Valkyrie.)
Search: