Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » General S4 Spoilers
General S4 Spoilers
SHCDate: Wednesday, 30 Oct 13, 6:46 PM | Message # 376
Bounty Hunter
Group: Administrators
Awards: 10
Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
Now to wait for Tamsin's!

At least we don't have to worry about it being a bad picture, there is no such thing as a bad RS picture.

From these pictures I really like Kenzi's and Bo's, Dyson really looks as usual there's never much change there. I gotta say whoever did ZP's eyebrows 

Quote Zoriah ()
Oh god, the Karen Beattie mess that they pulled out of their butts I mean hats last season in a last ditch attempt to make Lauren more interesting - yet again? How many times now have they resorted that tired old trick? She was a medic in Afghanistan! She can make pipe bombs! She did the doctors without borders gig in the Congo! She has a secret comatose girlfriend stashed in a pod! She's a freedom fighter/terrorist wanted by Interpol for...protesting! Isn't she so cool???!!

Available to users only  

LanieDate: Wednesday, 30 Oct 13, 6:51 PM | Message # 377
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Available to users only

Kenzi looks really good.  happy

Post edited by Lanie - Wednesday, 30 Oct 13, 6:53 PM

Fangirl-outletDate: Wednesday, 30 Oct 13, 6:57 PM | Message # 378
Your face sucks
Awards: 8
Quote SheHadACorpse ()
Well, I read in a ZP interview recently where they were joking about her backstory (I hope she was joking) because they were talking about how she had finished med school like at 13, and estimated her IQ at 250.

Available to users only
Is it too much to ask that they focus on their more interesting, emotional, and likable characters?

"Why do you care so much!?"

SlightlyTwistedDate: Wednesday, 30 Oct 13, 7:00 PM | Message # 379
Rakshasa
Group: Users
Awards: 5
Quote SheHadACorpse ()
At least we don't have to worry about it being a bad picture, there is no such thing as a bad RS picture.

Truer words have never been spoken!

Quote SheHadACorpse ()
 Me too! And it's so sad, because Zoie seems like such a great, fun person. But I can't get myself to like, or even remotely care about Lauren or anything she did/does/will do.

Available to users only

SHCDate: Wednesday, 30 Oct 13, 7:07 PM | Message # 380
Bounty Hunter
Awards: 10
Available to users only

Available to users only

LanieDate: Wednesday, 30 Oct 13, 7:13 PM | Message # 381
Rakshasa
Available to users only

ZoriahDate: Wednesday, 30 Oct 13, 7:18 PM | Message # 382
Kitsune
Awards: 7
Available to users only

This place seems to be going strong though! It's nice to be able to hang somewhere where it's not a cardinal sin to dislike Lauren or doccubus.

ETA: Or should I say BoRen - since it is boring as hell to me. happy Tamsin and Bo are so much more exciting, unpredictable and have loads of potential. BoRen feels played out, especially since we saw that given a fair shot they were incompatible and not able to fulfill each others needs (physical or emotional).

True love that will last a thousand years? Pfffft. It barely lasted a couple of months let alone years.  LOL. Valkubus has so much more of a shot of lasting in the long run.

Post edited by Zoriah - Wednesday, 30 Oct 13, 7:25 PM

UberFaenaticDate: Wednesday, 30 Oct 13, 7:59 PM | Message # 383
Rakshasa
Awards: 6
Quote SheHadACorpse ()

Well, she was drunk when she came up with the idea. LOL!

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

ZoriahDate: Wednesday, 30 Oct 13, 8:18 PM | Message # 384
Kitsune
Available to users only

UberFaenaticDate: Wednesday, 30 Oct 13, 9:02 PM | Message # 385
Rakshasa
Quote Zoriah ()
Say what??!! Talk about faulty logic.
It's a standard tactic to diminish opposition.  Your opinion is invalidated because you hate women, or you hate LGBT or whatever.  It doesn't matter if it's true or not because once it's said, people spend so much time trying to defend what is clearly a deflection from an opposing perspective to take away from the original issue.

My issue with Bo and Lauren has nothing to do with sexuality or rights and has everything to do with what I feel is a horrible incompatibility between them on a lot of levels.

That I ship Bo with Tamsin and Tamsin is a woman is apparently not proof enough that I care about the chemistry, the character development and the drama and tension.  No, clearly because I have since rejected the Bo/Lauren pairing, my true motivations must in fact be nefarious. lol

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

Eternal-DustDate: Wednesday, 30 Oct 13, 10:10 PM | Message # 386
Food > You
Awards: 11
Available to users only

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

UberFaenaticDate: Wednesday, 30 Oct 13, 10:26 PM | Message # 387
Rakshasa
Just look how totally stunned Bo is by the breakup. She thought they were sailing along happily and then...wha-huh?

And she's left pretending to herself that it's only a break...clutching her pathetic little cardboard box.

*sniffles*

ZoriahDate: Thursday, 31 Oct 13, 2:15 AM | Message # 388
Kitsune
In my opinion they were clinging to the fantasy/illusion of a perfect, effortless relationship and avoiding all the real issues they faced as a couple. Bo doesn't really like intellectuals or people who think they are smarter than her, Lauren feels her hardwork and dedication to a scientific field isn't being recognized, they both end up disconnecting and feeling that they're not a priority. But they gloss over that and the huge elephant in the room which is the fact that Bo is left starving after sex with Lauren and Lauren doesn't really want her to find her meals elsewhere. As much as she pretended she was okay with Bo feeding on others to supplement her diet, she really wasn't okay with it and wanted more. But she kept quiet and denied anything was wrong until she finally broke after the revelation of the Tamsin kiss and the brutal attack by the boyfriend who told her he was ruined for anything else after loving a Fae.

In contrast, Tamsin and Bo's interactions have been messy, confrontational and brutally honest at times. They confuse and challenge each other, but at least they aren't trying to sugar-coat anything. Rather than lies and evasions and obliviousness we have moments when they get under each other's skin and get to the raw, painful truth. And it doesn't destroy them, instead they come out stronger and closer because of it.

Post edited by Zoriah - Thursday, 31 Oct 13, 2:16 AM

LanieDate: Thursday, 31 Oct 13, 6:43 AM | Message # 389
Rakshasa
Of course Kenzi'd wear a padlock round her neck. rockon

UberFaenaticDate: Thursday, 31 Oct 13, 1:27 PM | Message # 390
Rakshasa
Ha! At least she has the key right there. biggrin

Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » General S4 Spoilers
Search: