[ New posts · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Lanie, Valkyrior  
Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep. 4x09 " Destiny's Child"
Ep. 4x09 " Destiny's Child"
BlubluDate: Wednesday, 08 Jan 14, 9:28 AM | Message # 76
Squonk
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Hey ! She does have so kind of armor on both of those pictures! (it looks freakin' cool)

It's not the same than on the Stills ! Great ! That means we're going to have multiple scenes with "old times" Tammy YAY !

Oh damn it this look, on the last picture it says one thing "EPIC", I soooooo want her to fight in battle like the badass Valkyrie she is !

UberFaenaticDate: Wednesday, 08 Jan 14, 4:12 PM | Message # 77
Rakshasa
Awards: 6
Stills for Destiny's Child are available here:

http://www.farfarawaysite.com/section....ery.htm

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

LanieDate: Wednesday, 08 Jan 14, 5:14 PM | Message # 78
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Could someone please post direct links to Tamsin pics? For some unknown reason this page isn't working in any browser I use.  help

BlubluDate: Wednesday, 08 Jan 14, 5:26 PM | Message # 79
Squonk
Woops My bad still the same armour. 

I didn't saw Tricks pointy knife either ! That little shit! if one little hair on everyone's favorite Valkyrie's head is harmed , he's never gonna hear the end of it ! 

Eternal-DustDate: Wednesday, 08 Jan 14, 6:09 PM | Message # 80
Food > You
Group: Administrators
Awards: 11
Quote Lanie ()
Could someone please post direct links to Tamsin pics? For some unknown reason this page isn't working in any browser I use.

http://www.farfarawaysite.com/section....pg

http://www.farfarawaysite.com/section....pg

Those are the only ones smile

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

UberFaenaticDate: Wednesday, 08 Jan 14, 6:19 PM | Message # 81
Rakshasa
Our Valkyrie looks pretty mad here, wouldn't you say?

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

SlightlyTwistedDate: Wednesday, 08 Jan 14, 6:26 PM | Message # 82
Rakshasa
Awards: 5
She looks at the point where she's just about had it, and decides to fight back. 
(Kick some Trickster ass Tammy!)

UberFaenaticDate: Wednesday, 08 Jan 14, 8:43 PM | Message # 83
Rakshasa
Trick.  Is holding. A knife. On TAMSIN.  *underfae growl*

TayDate: Thursday, 09 Jan 14, 10:26 AM | Message # 84
Spriggan
Awards: 2
Quote Eternal-Dust ()
These fingers look very feminine. And black nail polish. Are those Tamsin's hands?

Quote Isabel_Q ()
I would like to say yes. I looked back at the promo and Bo doesn't have black nail polish, and we all know Tamsin uses black np.

That's what I thought too, I watched the promo but we can never see Tamsin's fingernails. And then I remembered a promo pic she posted :

Isn't this black nail polish I spot on her finger ?

Post edited by Tay - Thursday, 09 Jan 14, 10:27 AM

brownandblueDate: Thursday, 09 Jan 14, 1:15 PM | Message # 85
Baby Fae
would that mean that Tamsin uses Trick's blood to change something? or...I don't remember how Trick's ability works

Added (09 Jan 14, 1:15 PM)
---------------------------------------------
The Morrigan also uses black nail polish and i think Trick may strike up a deal to with her since he said something like "I'll give you my blood oath" to someone to protect Bo

TayDate: Sunday, 12 Jan 14, 8:31 AM | Message # 86
Spriggan
Awards: 2
Isn't he supposed to write things with his blood ? I'm a bit lost actually because there was also this thing about Bo being able to make people like commited to her or something because of her lineage with Trick. Also, in the pic RS posted, you can see two bottles, that look like the one used in the promo ...

Added (12 Jan 14, 8:31 AM)

This what you wanted SheHadACorpse ?

SHCDate: Sunday, 12 Jan 14, 8:44 AM | Message # 87
Bounty Hunter
Group: Administrators
Awards: 10
Yes! Thank You Tay!!!

So yeah it's interesting that if you do a search for Hugin + mythology the first thing that pops up is "Hugginn and Munnin are two ravens associated with the god Odin in Norse mythology"

This wait is killing me man.

SlightlyTwistedDate: Sunday, 12 Jan 14, 10:10 AM | Message # 88
Rakshasa
Awards: 5
Hugin and Munin are Odins messengers, or some such thing. Which seems about right with this little tidbit.

I had to do some research, because I'm wondering if the show is going in the direction that Bo will turn out to be Hel, the goddess of death in Norse mythology. So I had to figure out how she links with Odin, since he isn't exactly her father originally.
And I found this; http://www.angelfire.com/journal/ofapoet/hel.html

When the Gods first learned about the children, they realized almost immediately that they might be the same children that they had been warned about. At first, they chose to believe that it was simply because of the terrible nature of their mother. Then, after they had considered it for a while, they came to realize that the children were the same ones mentioned in the prophecies; however, it was not because of who their mother was, that caused them such great concern; it was actually because of who their father was. Their father was Loki, who was known for causing great destruction and evil. Loki also happened to be the brother of Odin, the leader of the Aesir, which was a patriarchal and warlike tribe of Norse Gods and Goddesses.

Since there was no doubt that the children were Loki's, Odin decided that the best thing to do was find the children and then bring them back to Asgaard. [...] Odin ordered the Gods to travel to Giantland, find the children, and then bring them back to Asgaard. The Gods did as Odin desired, and when they returned from Giantland the three children were with them.

Obviously the writers must have changed the story a bit, but we know they do this, and I find it very interesting considering my theory.

So, Odin the Wanderer is known for spreading his seed, and producing children (with humans)
Odin is Hel's "uncle" (blood relation between Loki and Odin isn't there. They are kind of sworn brothers)
Odin sends out gods to find Loki's three children and bring them back, and Hel is given the world of Niflheim (renamed Helheim / Hel(l), and became the goddess of death.

Changed to be Odin the Wanderer / Rainer having fathered Bo / created her to be his ideal match.
Loki is cut out of the equation, and a valkyrie is sent out to find her, upon which Odin is the one to go out and bring Bo/Hel back, to rule the realm of death (as she does in norse mythology, and which has been hinted at being Bo's fate in the show) with him.

I'm beginning to feel quite strongly about this now. What do you guys think?

UberFaenaticDate: Monday, 13 Jan 14, 1:46 AM | Message # 89
Rakshasa
Could be.  You know...I've not seen many folks ask what I think is one of the most important questions about this whole thing.

Why.

Why does he want his perfect mate?  Why do these particular qualifications appeal to him?  Usually a quest for a perfect mate is to ensure that the offspring of that bond is powerful.  Is that what he's looking for?  If so.... WHY?

Added (13 Jan 14, 1:46 AM)
To say I have no idea what's going on would be an understatement of fae proportions.

It seems to me as if Bo is almost brainwashed...but I don't know what to think about anything right now.

I'm exhausted of the endless triangle mentions. It just never ends. lol Yes, yes. We get it Bo. You love them both. They're your family. You can't choose. etcetera

I am also irritated that Tamsin and Bo didn't share one scene together.  I'm just saying.  And speaking of Tamsin....

I'm fascinated that Tamsin was apparently living her last life during the Fae Wars. That means she's a lot older than I had originally thought. And she traded regeneration for not delivering Rainer...

Trick...I have no idea what to think about him. I believe he thinks he's doing things to save Bo...but I just don't know. He seems to turn on a dime and I'm still not pleased with how he referred to Tamsin as a lowlife and spat out the word human as though Kenzi were a slug.

I'll have to rewatch this of course to see what nuances I've missed...but I don't feel that Rainer is who/what Bo believes him to be.

We know he screws with memories and we know what Tamsin said in the last episode about him being the face of evil.

LanieDate: Monday, 13 Jan 14, 2:40 AM | Message # 90
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Quote UberFaenatic ()
To say I have no idea what's going on would be an understatement of fae proportions.
That's exactly how I feel right now. Plus I really really don't like Trick. I trust Tamsin and she said not to trust Trick.

Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep. 4x09 " Destiny's Child"
Search: