Forum moderator: Lanie, Valkyrior  
Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep. 4x09 " Destiny's Child"
Ep. 4x09 " Destiny's Child"
SlightlyTwistedDate: Monday, 13 Jan 14, 3:03 AM | Message # 91
Rakshasa
Group: Users
Awards: 5
So.. definitely not her father. 
Tamsin may just have thought that he had created her to be his ideal match.
Rainer was/is Tricks mortal enemy, so I'm guessing maybe he knew what kind of offspring would come from his lineage, or Trick wrote Bo into future existence, Rainer knows this and goes after Bo for revenge? Plus added bonus that she is as powerful as she is, being a descendant of the bloodking?

Trick evil, Rainer good? Perhaps? 

I'm so confused!

BreathofLifeDate: Monday, 13 Jan 14, 3:44 AM | Message # 92
Bounty Hunter
Awards: 4
I must admit, I didn't quite know how to take this episode. Everything's so jumbled and confusing right now that I don't really know what's going on.

For a start, I would have said Bo was brainwashed by Rainer. It's a bit strange that one minute she's attacking him and then the next he's her 'destiny.' Maybe he's used the same kind of charm on her that Bo uses on others? I was hoping Tamsin would appear and clarify a few of the questions but I guess it'll never be that simple.

I trust Tamsin, therefore I don't trust Trick. Never really have, never will...he just seems like he's always hiding something and to me, he gives off that feeling that he thinks he's better than everyone else. He may have apologised for calling Kenzi 'human' and Tamsin a lowlife but I don't think he meant it. More flashbacks in future episodes, I'm guessing? That flashback didn't necessarily explain Tamsin's connection to the book and why she couldn't let go of it.

The Tamsin/Kenzi scenes were the highlight of the episode for me however the constant triangle references got on my nerves and Bo actually got on my wick a bit in this episode, maybe it was because she was so focused on Lauren and Dyson 'caring' about her that she once again forgot about the one person that's been there all along which has always been Kenzi but that was just how I felt.

UberFaenaticDate: Monday, 13 Jan 14, 3:46 AM | Message # 93
Rakshasa
Awards: 6
Actually, we don't know that, SlightlyTwisted. If Rainer/the Wanderer is as evil as everyone has said, if he as as manipulative, then Bo is more than likely brainwashed right now into thinking he's not her father.  I don't buy any of what she said when she got back to the Dal.

Tamsin referred to him as pure evil...a monster.  Last season, the Wanderer was said to be as old as time and evil.  So... I think this is a bait and switch scenario...and I think Tamsin is going to have kittens when she sees him again.

PS...the Triangle obsession is about killing this show for me.  It feels so phony and forced at this point.  Why is Lauren acting like she's waiting for Bo to pick her, when she's rejected her twice? And why does Bo think she needs to choose between Lauren and Dyson?  GAH.

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

LanieDate: Monday, 13 Jan 14, 4:16 AM | Message # 94
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
‘Lost Girl’ Talk: Emily Andras on “Destiny’s Child”

Can we take anyone at face value at this point?
EA: Rachel’s a natural blonde. That’s all we know for sure!

TVG: Was the hell box Kenzi and Tamsin were playing with drawn from Japanese legend?
EA: Yes, it was. If you look into it, it’s really interesting and they really did exist. They were laced with poison and stuff like that. We had a lot of extra moments with that box that didn’t make the edit. We had Kenzi open one flap and she kind of turned into an old woman. Tamsin was just staring at her and Kenzi was like, ‘What? Do I have something on my face?’ and Tamsin was like, ‘You’re cool, you’re cool!’

Post edited by Lanie - Monday, 13 Jan 14, 4:16 AM

TayDate: Monday, 13 Jan 14, 9:06 AM | Message # 95
Spriggan
Awards: 2
He might be wandering, wandering, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm wondering, wondering. 

So many (more) questions, only two constants : 1) Bo and her obsession with her love triangle (why can't she do as she often says "I Bo'ed it" and choose neither ?)
                                                               2) Once again, Trick is the cause of all this mess, Blood King my ass, Blood Curse is more like it

SHCDate: Monday, 13 Jan 14, 9:12 AM | Message # 96
Bounty Hunter
Group: Administrators
Awards: 10
I don't know in that post mortem interview it kinda sounds like they are going for the gray area with Rainer. Can we have a fucking proper villain for once? Voldemort bad, monster? Not so much apparently.

Can someone explain to me who hired Tamsin? I thought it was Rainer but the flashback when Tamsin is hired looks like it was way before than this last flashback. Which would mean Tamsin was still working for Rainer if he was the one who hired her. Yet she doesn't seems to recognize him as her employer when trying to deliver his soul? I'm just not following...

Also if Rainer died back then was his soul what was trapped in that train? How did he become 'alive' again to just walk into the Dal like that?

Tamsin- Tamsin seems to be old as time as well she's had two full lives (of multiple life cycles) which scares me because she wanted this new life to redeem herself but she actually ended up not being able to (until this last 2 lifecycles) and I fear she will risk anything to make up for her wrongs. She also implies she will end up in hell and considering what the Leviathan said someone if gonna end up going to hell. Either way...Tamxiety.

I wonder how Tamsin is gonna react to seeing this 'monster' with Bo?

The triangle bullshit just made me eye roll hard and this forced broship of Lauren and Dyson is just kinda blegh with their little quips about oh she loves me more hahaha no she clearly meant me ha! Kindergarten bullshit. Bo's riddle was just ridiculous btw.

Trick- Glad he finally admitted he cares about himself mostly. I never liked or trusted Trick so I wasn't too surprised at all at what he pulled. Also looking forward to Tamsin seeing Trick again and her reaction.

Loved the Kamsin moments and that's probably the only stuff I'll rewatch from this episode.

LanieDate: Monday, 13 Jan 14, 3:21 PM | Message # 97
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
Is there anything you want to say to the PTB? SC 409 blog

nerdmuseumDate: Monday, 13 Jan 14, 3:54 PM | Message # 98
Squonk
Awards: 0
It was sad to see Tamsin arrive as soon as Bo left in black fog. Hopefully she was actually called to be part of that debate and simply got there too late. But it was disappointing.
The Kenzi and Tamsin scenes were great, for sure. That was worth it. I do miss having Bo and Kenzi scenes too, though. Seeing Bo forcefully pushing her away and then having the goodbye/see-you-soon be all about Dyson and Lauren sucked. I actually liked their bromance in ep 8, but this time around it just felt forced. I'm tired of hearing about the triangle. I would rather just have to deal with watching it happen, then have them mention it every minute now.
And now this Wanderer business. Sure, he's hot, and whatever with them wanting another "powerful" male in the mix. I can't stand the idea of Tamsin being completely sidelined for that crap. They have the most terrific bond, don't waste it. I want Bo to acknowledge it too. I may be overreacting but it's stressing me out how little eps we have left and everything's still so damn messy.
It's not that I hate this season, but I loved season 3. It was so perfectly put together. It had a path and a climax at the end. Here we seem to get more and more unanswered questions, it gets more and more confusing but not at all logical. And yeah, they're definitely taking everything we know about Lost Girl and twisting it, but it hasn't been all that pleasant sometimes.
I just hope the last three blow my mind and shut me up.

BlubluDate: Monday, 13 Jan 14, 5:11 PM | Message # 99
Squonk
Awards: 1
I quite liked it. But I'm really nice and not so critical most of the time so it's probably just me. I'm just happy with what I get.

Ok, I do think Rainer is still evil because obvs, Trick is a main character and Rainer will probably die/disappear before the end of the season. So logically to get rid of him, either you make him evil or you get rid of Trick too because they're both bad.

Imo, Trick will redeem himself and Rainer will probably be the big evil that was predicted.

I do think he could be very twisted and go as far as manipulate her daughter/ sleep with her or do bad things to her just to get revenge on Trick or something like that.
I hope they did not built all this who is my father thing for nothing...

Lost girl writers have a tendency to make little cliffhangers (that make no sense most of the time and are never properly dealt with) at the end of most episodes so I'd say the "he's not my father, he's my destiny" thing is bullshit. Also because the writers can not wait to go back to the triangle for me and they wouldn't add a second male in the twist.

I mean it would make a pentacle! 2 girls, 2 boys... I don't actually know if I'd like that... I mean it'd show how attractive she is (magically) and also this "lustful" side of her that I've accepted because she's a succubus and that's part of the story but still... that's a lot. Hard to deal with so many people...

Fangirl-outletDate: Monday, 13 Jan 14, 11:24 PM | Message # 100
Your face sucks
Group: Administrators
Awards: 8
Quote Blublu ()
Ok, I do think Rainer is still evil because obvs, Trick is a main character and Rainer will probably die/disappear before the end of the season. So logically to get rid of him, either you make him evil or you get rid of Trick too because they're both bad.
It doesn't seem like Kyle/Rainer is going anywhere. He got promo pics, and there are all sorts of talks about him as if he is going to become a Tamsin-esque regular.

"Why do you care so much!?"

Isabel_QDate: Tuesday, 14 Jan 14, 4:41 AM | Message # 101
Drunk Valkyrie
Awards: 13
All these reviews makes me sad  cry
Cannot comment, I haven't watched it yet.

SlightlyTwistedDate: Tuesday, 14 Jan 14, 11:54 AM | Message # 102
Rakshasa
Awards: 5
Quote Fangirl-outlet ()
It doesn't seem like Kyle/Rainer is going anywhere. He got promo pics, and there are all sorts of talks about him as if he is going to become a Tamsin-esque regular.
ugh, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? 

Stairway-to-the-skiesDate: Tuesday, 14 Jan 14, 3:38 PM | Message # 103
Baby Fae
She's Brilliant, He's Strong.
Her life is little, His life is long.
Both loves are pure - Both loves are True.
If You were I ( Who would You choose )
Really Bo? As much as i love you.. stfu. that poem is a peace of turd.    angry

BlubluDate: Tuesday, 14 Jan 14, 4:24 PM | Message # 104
Squonk
Awards: 1
Even so, we still got several answers in this episode... I mean it shed some light on Trick, Tamsin and this wanderer thing more than it did in all of the previous episodes! 

I have a question. What does "Ta!" means? The morrigan said it before and Huggin said it too. I guess it's like "bye" but is it like canadian or is it just in the serie, what does it mean ?

Today I got a lot of tamxieties 'cause my brain tortured me: It seems to me that Tammy has pushed the inevitable (is that even an expression ?!) really far with her lives and all. She said that she needed other lives to wipe away her sins and in my experience there is only one logical end to that kind of scenario: death. She would somehow redeem herself by sacrificing herself for someone else and die peacefully. That would be the best 'ending' for her. I kinda would like to see it happen because it would be a very honorable way out and a prrof that writers can carry out their storylines. If there's anything about writers it's when they aren't ballsy enough to go to the end of it.

SirGladiatorDate: Tuesday, 14 Jan 14, 6:30 PM | Message # 105
Squonk
She did that already, she died for Bo at the end of last season, I certainly wouldn't want her to die again, that would be the 'worst' thing to happen, not the best.  If there's anything else that Tamsin needs to do, it's simply to finally complete her mission from however long ago, take the Wanderer's soul and rid the world of his evil once and for all.  To answer the earlier question, yes, ta does mean bye, it's just short for ta ta, which also means bye.  If only the storyline questions were as easy to answer smile .

Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep. 4x09 " Destiny's Child"
Search: