[ New posts · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Lanie, Valkyrior  
Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep. 4x04 "Turn to Stone"
Ep. 4x04 "Turn to Stone"
UberFaenaticDate: Tuesday, 03 Dec 13, 0:18 AM | Message # 91
Rakshasa
Group: Users
Awards: 6
I just don't recall her ever full body glowing anyone.  Her hands...yes.  She's used that on hands and faces and any exposed skin she could touch.  But her back glowed.  Her arms glowed.  Her FACE glowed. I don't recall that before.

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

acejihyoDate: Tuesday, 03 Dec 13, 0:34 AM | Message # 92
Baby Fae
Awards: 0
/ventures into this part of forums.

I actually thought Lauren being okay w/ the spy-bang was kind of appropriate. Honestly I think it's a step forward in her character if she's able to empathize more now (also see from both sides, because honestly that's the whole problem with her relationship with Bo).

I feel like Bo used her powers on Tamsin the same way she used it to comfort/calm people in previous episodes. I think Tamsin though, having never experienced this kind of warmth in her new life cycle, interprets it as love.

Isabel_QDate: Tuesday, 03 Dec 13, 3:02 AM | Message # 93
Drunk Valkyrie
Awards: 13
yah, interesting....we definitely need an explanation on this.

Added (03 Dec 13, 1:00 AM)
---------------------------------------------
maybe, the full body glowing is because Tamsin is so powerful now (can  settle battles in a blink of an eye powerful) that Bo increased her  powers to be able to calm her?

Added (03 Dec 13, 2:54 AM)

Added (03 Dec 13, 3:02 AM)

Quote acejihyo ()
I feel like Bo used her powers on Tamsin the same way she used it to comfort/calm people in previous episodes. I think Tamsin though, having never experienced this kind of warmth in her new life cycle, interprets it as love.
Interesting Sophie.. do you mean it in a positive or negative way? 

IMHO, Bo's comforting words + I never hated you + you are incredible + hug = acceptance/affection from Bo, must have stirred the old feelings Tamsin have for her. Her mind still cannot remember their past but Tamsin's heart remember she loves Bo! 

What's love? isn't it affection for someone?, concern for their safety?, like Mary said, she didn't transform when her life is in danger (she screamed like a girl lol) but she did transform when she thought Bo's life is in danger, she transformed to save Bo. She's bothered of what Bo think of her, she's bothered that Bo hated her, isn't it that if you love someone, you want her to accept you, want their approval, their affection? 

She felt love alright... 
or 
She's starting to see what a great person Bo is, how kind, not judging, and how accepting she is. She's falling for Bo all over again! GAH!

Post edited by Isabel_Q - Tuesday, 03 Dec 13, 3:01 AM

SlightlyTwistedDate: Tuesday, 03 Dec 13, 12:00 PM | Message # 94
Rakshasa
Awards: 5
Quote acejihyo ()
I actually thought Lauren being okay w/ the spy-bang was kind of appropriate. Honestly I think it's a step forward in her character if she's able to empathize more now (also see from both sides, because honestly that's the whole problem with her relationship with Bo).

It is appropriate in some ways, at the same time as it is not. Lauren is put in real danger by Crystals actions, Bo was never in any danger. I'd be mad as hell, if I was Lauren. But she wasn't, she's just fine with it. And Lauren didn't have to had been spy-banged to get kidnapped story-wise, so it's clear that the writers are just putting this in there to justify Laurens actions in season 1, probably because it has been an issue in the non-doccubi faction of the fandom.

Anything to make excuses for and try to fix this train wreck of a character.. Too little too late, writers.

(sorry for my hate, if you like Lauren)

Aaaanyway! 

Tamsin being Bo and Kenzi's roommate though. Dream come true right there! 
Imagine all the awesome we have in store, if she stays there even after getting her memories back and becomes a true adult again!

Eternal-DustDate: Tuesday, 03 Dec 13, 1:32 PM | Message # 95
Food > You
Group: Administrators
Awards: 11
Kinda interesting that Bo's blood decides to pick a side now. I wonder what sparked the change? Being smokenapped by the Wanderer? Or is it because she passed her Dawning and could no longer remain ambivalent about her alignment? I wonder if this what happened to Tamsin also? I always get the feeling being aligned with the dark was something that was chosen for her inadvertently rather than something of her own choosing.

Quote Isabel_Q ()
She's bothered of what Bo think of her, she's bothered that Bo hated her, isn't it that if you love someone, you want her to accept you, want their approval, their affection?

This is such a parallel to 3x03 when Teen!Bo's first thought was why Tamsin didn't like her. Hmm. 

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

acejihyoDate: Tuesday, 03 Dec 13, 4:09 PM | Message # 96
Baby Fae
Quote Isabel_Q ()
Interesting Sophie.. do you mean it in a positive or negative way?

Oh, this wasn't positive or negative. I just mean that Tamsin's super impressionable at this stage, so she's liable to imprint on whoever first shows her a hint of love (whether it's maternal, friendly, or sexual). I'm just interested to know how this'll impact their relationship once Tamsin does regain her memories.

Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
It is appropriate in some ways, at the same time as it is not. Lauren is put in real danger by Crystals actions, Bo was never in any danger. I'd be mad as hell, if I was Lauren. But she wasn't, she's just fine with it. And Lauren didn't have to had been spy-banged to get kidnapped story-wise, so it's clear that the writers are just putting this in there to justify Laurens actions in season 1, probably because it has been an issue in the non-doccubi faction of the fandom. Anything to make excuses for and try to fix this train wreck of a character.. Too little too late, writers.

(sorry for my hate, if you like Lauren)

True, Crystal's actions definitely had more severe consequences, but I think it's more just the concept of betrayal for me. I never liked Lauren because she was a character who at the core, couldn't really see past her own set of problems. So this whole idea of her being able to understand where Crystal's coming from (even if the situation is ridiculous and unjustified) is a slight improvement in her character (for me, at least).

That said, yes, her character/storyline is an absolute trainwreck. When the writers threw in that piece about her brother I was just laughing so hard.

Fangirl-outletDate: Tuesday, 03 Dec 13, 5:45 PM | Message # 97
Your face sucks
Awards: 8
Quote acejihyo ()
My issue with this is that Tamsin had been treated kindly and warmly by Kenzi. Kenzi essentially became her big sister, and she's terribly protective of her. If it were just the simple warmth, then she'd have known this "love" before Bo hugged her. I think it was more Bo accepting her true form and thinking her incredible (which settles her fear of being hideous), and about the connection she might have felt. Like someone said above, the two scenes were definitely put in the same episode for a reason. Tamsin felt something beyond warmth and acceptance, though whether or not it was all out love pulling forward from her past life or something else, I've no clue.

Also, I'm kind of thinking that Massimo is Evony's son. He'd be human because when a fae and a human have a child, the child is human. Right? It just goes along with the way he was acting toward Evony at Lauren's, pining for her affection. And then he said in this episode "My mommy. She needs it! And I need her to need me!" Or something like that.

"Why do you care so much!?"

LanieDate: Tuesday, 03 Dec 13, 6:20 PM | Message # 98
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
But Evony kissed Massimo. On his lips. Eew. I know, this is LG, everything's possible.

raccooDate: Tuesday, 03 Dec 13, 6:25 PM | Message # 99
Baby Fae
Heya everybody!

There is a thought that keeps spooking around in my mind lately, considering Tamsins accelerated growth.
In the second Episode, the moment when Bo regains consciousness is about the time when Tamsin gets reborn (we don't know exactly, but it must at least be the same day) and so herself becomes "consciousness" once again. And now in episode 4, right after the scene where the gargoyle bit Bo, Tamsin discovers the injuries on her shoulders. Then in Massimos soup kitchen, when Bo was in danger once again Tamsin shows an outburst of power.

Maybe i just interpret to much into the way the arrange scenes/their story, but it seems to me like Tamsin could be somehow be linked to Bo?  She just seems to make this huge jumps in "physical" growth whenever Bo seems to need it. What are your thoughts about that?

LanieDate: Tuesday, 03 Dec 13, 6:33 PM | Message # 100
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Quote raccoo ()
it seems to me like Tamsin could be somehow be linked to Bo?
Hello! You may be right. Remember this interview with RS? She said:
"Well, there’s actually a whole backstory to Tamsin’s investment in Bo that will start to be explored in the next season that I can’t really say anything about. But it’s a very long history, and it’s very personal to Tamsin, because Tamsin is obviously a very old, old Valkyrie who continues to reincarnate. The story goes back way way before Bo was even born. I’m excited for the fans to see what happens."

acejihyoDate: Tuesday, 03 Dec 13, 7:36 PM | Message # 101
Baby Fae
Quote Fangirl-outlet ()
My issue with this is that Tamsin had been treated kindly and warmly by Kenzi. Kenzi essentially became her big sister, and she's terribly protective of her. If it were just the simple warmth, then she'd have known this "love" before Bo hugged her. I think it was more Bo accepting her true form and thinking her incredible (which settles her fear of being hideous), and about the connection she might have felt. Like someone said above, the two scenes were definitely put in the same episode for a reason. Tamsin felt something beyond warmth and acceptance, though whether or not it was all out love pulling forward from her past life or something else, I've no clue.

Oh totally. I definitely agree that Tamsin felt more, but I do feel like that's partly attributed to the power Bo used on her. Idk, maybe it's just me but I've always felt the valkubus dynamic falls more heavily on Tamsin's side.

I actually think acceptance is the whole defining factor of their relationship. Tamsin is someone Bo can be fully honest with, because she won't judge her like humans or Light Fae. And Bo is like a constant reminder to Tamsin that she can be more than whatever role she was born into (valkyrie in this case). Not sure if this makes sense but for me, the acceptance factor is like a direct representation of their relationship.

UberFaenaticDate: Tuesday, 03 Dec 13, 10:14 PM | Message # 102
Rakshasa
Awards: 6
I'm puzzled why the necklace Bo found was such a big deal.  First off, it seemed to be a "just because" gift...which we don't have any sign that either of them engaged in.  Regardless....

Lauren did not break up with Bo because she didn't love her.  So a sweet card and a conveniently hidden away "just because" gift changes...what exactly?  Not a thing. 

It might make their reunion this next week more emotional since Bo had a recent reminder of why she cares for her...but frankly that just is a further reminder that their relationship was tragic and doomed to fail because they did and do have feelings for each other but are entirely incompatible.

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

Isabel_QDate: Wednesday, 04 Dec 13, 0:23 AM | Message # 103
Drunk Valkyrie
Awards: 13

(I have to work... to earn money...Christmas...)

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Wednesday, 04 Dec 13, 2:27 AM | Message # 104
Kitsune
Awards: 5
Quote UberFaenatic
I'm puzzled why the necklace Bo found was such a big deal. First off, it seemed to be a "just because" gift...which we don't have any sign that either of them engaged in. Regardless.... Lauren did not break up with Bo because she didn't love her. So a sweet card and a conveniently hidden away "just because" gift changes...what exactly? Not a thing. It might make their reunion this next week more emotional since Bo had a recent reminder of why she cares for her...but frankly that just is a further reminder that their relationship was tragic and doomed to fail because they did and do have feelings for each other but are entirely incompatible.

Available to users only

SHCDate: Wednesday, 04 Dec 13, 9:14 AM | Message # 105
Bounty Hunter
Awards: 10
I got my laptop back finally! I have missed discussing stuff here. Okay so thoughts on this episode...

It was AWESOME!

-Love that Bo and Kenzi are back together! When Kenzi was telling Bo how inadequate she felt it broke my heart. Ksenia Solo was just outstanding in that scene. I.FELT.IT.ALL.  However not liking the fact she didn't mention their memories of Bo had been wiped, which I think it's such a key factor in that whole mess. I don't even agree it was any sort of betrayal at all, although I am glad she didn't keep it from Bo so maybe I'm just asking much.

-Tamsin... Tamsin... Tamsin the motherfucking Harbinger of Death!!! I gotta be honest I must have looked pretty ridiculous when this scene happened. I was literally jumping up and down when she started to go "Stop, Release. Witness" and totally lost my shit (thank God my gf is just as obsessed as I am with Tamsin) and thought for a minute she had gotten her memories back... but no. I find Tamsin 2.0 as played by RS adorable, funny and she had me cracking up (that donut scene) but I gotta say, I miss my old Tamsin, there's a reason why I fell in love with THAT character. I know, I know she won't be exactly the same even after she gets her memories back but I am finding myself a bit impatient about it. As I said to others in chat, I really wish they had at least kept a bit of snark or something coupled with all that innocence, much like Ava Preston's Baby Tamsin was. Still, it was awesome to have RS face back on my TV finally! Yuss!

- Tamsin's last lifetime, I feel like it was needed even if it terrifies me. I understand why they chose not to make her 'immortal', she is a bit too powerful as it is. Still...Tamxiety.

- Dyson & Bo, meh I'm just not feeling it. However loved, loved, loved his moments with Kenzi and Tamsin. The bedtime story was adorable. Here's a millennial old Fae telling his millenial old  yet reborn partner a bedtime story, probably because he remembered Tamsin was all into the Once Upon a Time thing which I thought was beyond sweet. Also worth noting Dyson refers to her as his partner not ex partner, he also says they both need to find Lauren so I'm assuming she is very much still his partner, but what does that mean for Hale?

- Lauren....she was tolerable to me this episode so Kuddos. Her back-story is utterly ridiculous and it's very obvious they are making it up as they go along though. Sorry, I tried but I still don't care. I do wonder how she will react to this version of Tamsin.  Available to users only

Anyway stray thoughts- I am glad the story progressed a bit this episode but seriously...4 episodes in and no mention of the Wanderer? It makes me feel like they brought in the Una Mens to distract from the The Wanderer at this point. They  are gonna save that resolution for this seasons finale. Hence Acacia being back and all, and that my dear Valkubi does NOTHING for my Tamxiety. Specially now that our girl is in her last lifetime and we know she is a big part of that plot. Please someone reassure this won't happen, I kinda need it.

Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep. 4x04 "Turn to Stone"
Search: