• «
Forum moderator: Lanie, Valkyrior  
Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep. 4x04 "Turn to Stone"
Ep. 4x04 "Turn to Stone"
UberFaenaticDate: Saturday, 07 Dec 13, 2:57 AM | Message # 121
Rakshasa
Group: Users
Awards: 6
Someone on Tumblr noticed that, in the scene with Bo and Harbinger of Death Tamsin, you can see as Bo is hugging her that in the background, there's a piece of furniture (like a cabinet or refrigerator) with a heart drawn on it.   

That seems pretty not-so-coincidental to me. wink

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

Isabel_QDate: Saturday, 07 Dec 13, 5:01 AM | Message # 122
Drunk Valkyrie
Awards: 13
OMG lol lol lol, I mean great eye! It's really hard to notice because its dark and the heart was written in dust?
I had to really open my eyes this big  blink to find it lol, I hope it mean something!

Added (07 Dec 13, 3:52 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Btw, since its Massimo's lair, did he drew it? lol that crybaby!

Added (07 Dec 13, 4:26 AM)
Mary, Mary, where are you Mary? ... don't leave me here, alooooooooone... 
but I guess you have to sleep. Soo, good night guys!

Added (07 Dec 13, 5:01 AM)
I'm alone again
Mary left me
Everyone else is sleeping
I'm left alone here musing

I guess it's ok
I'll be fine
But it still sucked
to be on a different time

wacko

UberFaenaticDate: Saturday, 07 Dec 13, 8:29 AM | Message # 123
Rakshasa
Oh hey I'm sorry! I didn't realize you meant me.  I don't go by Mary. lol I'm either MB or Mary Beth or Uber (online nickname).

Added (07 Dec 13, 8:29 AM)
Here's the Tumblr I came across with the heart thing.  It's not a manip! smile

http://wrightroad.tumblr.com/post....because

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

Eternal-DustDate: Saturday, 07 Dec 13, 2:20 PM | Message # 124
Food > You
Group: Administrators
Awards: 11
Someone posted this in my tumblr ask box

Alright, I know you're like administrator of brazenwood or something and I don't want to subscribe for now, but I found this thing and I thought you could share it with the community for me... See I saw the post about 4x04 that said there was a heart drawn when Valkubus hugged. So i watched the ep back and i saw something else, just after, when the camera focuses on Bo in the background there is runic signs. You can translate them by L and H... Dunno what it really means but yeah... -M-

Thoughts, anyone? Tbh I didn't even notice the symbols but now I have to go back and obsessively watch this scene again. :P

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

BlubluDate: Saturday, 07 Dec 13, 5:03 PM | Message # 125
Squonk
Awards: 1
Well, I've finally signed in now so hello everyone smile

So about my little discovery this what i'm talking about:

All the other signs you will see on the walls (there is actually a lot of them) are old alchemists signs, seeing as it is Massimo's place, it makes sense

BUT Those two symbols aren't the same. They're symbols of the runic alphabet which is the one used by scandinavians and in norse mythology.  Interesting, because it could be related to Tamsin then wink

In this alphabet the first symbol is an L and the second is an H so... Not really meaningful right?

So I've dug up a little bit more this way and in the symbols dictionnary, here's what i've found:

The L is : A rune from the earliest runic alphabet. It was most probably called logr, meaning onion, or water, stream, or sea.

The H is:  A rune from the earliest Nordic runic alphabet with the name hagel, meaning hail. It is associated with accidents and misfortune, and with forces of nature which create interruption or cessations.

Here are the links : L symbol and H symbol

So I'm stuck with this and I don't really know if i've wasted my time or if this actually has some kind of meaning ...

Post edited by Blublu - Saturday, 07 Dec 13, 5:44 PM

Eternal-DustDate: Saturday, 07 Dec 13, 5:13 PM | Message # 126
Food > You
Group: Administrators
Awards: 11
Hello Blublu, thanks for joining us!  wave

It looks like the image you posted didn't upload properly. Can you link it from somewhere cause I'd love to take a look at it.

Based on what you've discovered so far and putting the two meanings of the symbols together (water, accident, misfortune), I'm taking a wild guess and saying it has something to do with Ragnarök? 

Here's what it says on Wikipedia

In Norse mythologyRagnarök (UK /ˈrɑːɡnəˌrɒk/,[2] US /ˈræɡnəˌrɒk/,[3]) is a series of future events, including a great battle foretold to ultimately result in the death of a number of major figures (including the gods OdinThorTýrFreyrHeimdallr, and Loki), the occurrence of various natural disasters, and the subsequent submersion of the world in water. Afterward, the world will resurface anew and fertile, the surviving and returning gods will meet, and the world will be repopulated by two human survivors. Ragnarök is an important event in the Norse canon, and has been the subject of scholarly discourse and theory.

"...the occurrence of various natural disasters, and the subsequent submersion of the world in water" 

Hmm...

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

BlubluDate: Saturday, 07 Dec 13, 5:35 PM | Message # 127
Squonk
Awards: 1
Dammit ! Of course that's it ! 

So ... The Apocalypse... Right... So that's not giving me tamxiety at all... Apparently it involves major figures dying but... Valkyries aren't major right ? 

Also something really bothers me, why putting it in Massimo's place? Like does he have something to do with Norse mythology? His high interest in Tamsin's hair and knowledge about Valkyries in general (that wings means last life for exemple) seems to show that he's more involved in that story than it looks and that he'll probably come back but we already kinda knew that....

Gosh! I'm even more confused now x(

tankedtamsinDate: Saturday, 07 Dec 13, 10:56 PM | Message # 128
Spriggan
Awards: 0
Yes Massimo knew Tamsin is such prized possession. I wonder if Acacia would know Massimo's ulterior motive.

Post edited by tankedtamsin - Saturday, 07 Dec 13, 10:58 PM

UberFaenaticDate: Sunday, 08 Dec 13, 8:35 AM | Message # 129
Rakshasa
Actually there seem to be 5 symbols that look to be related ....

Added (07 Dec 13, 11:35 PM)
This is what I'm using as a reference:

Anglo-Frisian runes (5th to 11th centuries)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Anglosaxonrunes.svg

The first symbol I see looks kind of like an F but with bends in the "arms":  os-o.  "Mouth"

Second symbol looks like an angular R: rad-r.  "Ride"

The third symbol looks like an upside down Y: cen-c. "Torch"

The fourth symbol looks like an upside down angled L: lagu-l. "Lake"

The fifth symbol looks kind of like an H: haegl-h. "hail"

Added (08 Dec 13, 0:08 AM)
Also, I'm rethinking the possibility that Massimo was not wearing the Twig of Zamora when he jumped into the lava.

Bo attacked him only moments before and sucked chi from him.  Had he been wearing the twig, theoretically something should have kept her from taking any of his life force.

Added (08 Dec 13, 8:35 AM)
Okay so someone posted this over on Twitter and it seems to provide alternate translations for the characters....

Look at how the first character, the F with the bends in the "arms" is translated to "god"...decidedly different than "mouth". lol

god, ride(riding/journey), torch, lake, hail. This seems to support your all's theory about this being about Ragnarok or some sort of catastrophic event.

Post edited by UberFaenatic - Sunday, 08 Dec 13, 8:39 AM

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Sunday, 08 Dec 13, 3:51 PM | Message # 130
Kitsune
Awards: 5
Actually this might be a clue further down the season. Remember beginning of season 3, in the Dal there was a board behind Tamsin with Wanderer poem written in chalk?

Isabel_QDate: Monday, 09 Dec 13, 0:11 AM | Message # 131
Drunk Valkyrie
Awards: 13
Quote UberFaenatic ()
Oh hey I'm sorry! I didn't realize you meant me.  I don't go by Mary. lol I'm either MB or Mary Beth or Uber (online nickname).
    okay MB

Added (09 Dec 13, 0:11 AM)

Quote UberFaenatic ()
Here's the Tumblr I came across with the heart thing.  It's not a manip!
                It's not. These little clues...  happy

tankedtamsinDate: Monday, 16 Dec 13, 3:33 AM | Message # 132
Spriggan
Awards: 0
Wow really good find Uber, hopefully some of this will make sense.

Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep. 4x04 "Turn to Stone"
  • Page 9 of 9
  • «
Search: