Thursday, 28 Mar 24, 4:01 PM
Welcome, Guest | RSS
[ New posts · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Valkyrior, Lanie  
Forum » The Dal Riata » The Bar » The Gaming Thread (for all the video game nerds out there)
The Gaming Thread
ValkyriorDate: Saturday, 29 Mar 14, 5:06 PM | Message # 196
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Started playing Dark Souls 2 today, Great game but I officially don't want to own an xbox anymore.

Why do they have to make that game so impossible, I mean, if you don't die at least twice in the tutorial then you're some kind of gaming master.

So much Rage Quit! why do I torture myself.

BreathofLife, Sorry I missed your call yesterday, I wasn't at home, unless my skype was acting up.

Random question: Does anyone else have a favorite game Protagonist, Antagonist or just any random character that they just completely Fangirl over?

For me it's always been Jill Valentine, Back in Resident Evil Nemesis I just fell in love with her and have been since.

Sarah Kerrigan coming in at a close second.

“Tomato juice, celery, vodka. Looks like lunch to me.”

Post edited by Valkyrior - Sunday, 30 Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Isabel_QDate: Monday, 31 Mar 14, 2:24 AM | Message # 197
Drunk Valkyrie
Group: Users
Awards: 13
Quote BreathofLife ()
Yeah, I've just completed my first run through. The different powers you can get are awesome, I'm glad they changed it so it wasn't just electricity.
Yah, it looked awesome!

Isabel_QDate: Monday, 31 Mar 14, 2:34 AM | Message # 198
Drunk Valkyrie
I will always fangirl over Ms......
Attachments: 4878453.jpg (293.5 Kb)

BreathofLifeDate: Monday, 31 Mar 14, 7:40 AM | Message # 199
Bounty Hunter
Quote Valkyrior ()
BreathofLife, Sorry I missed your call yesterday, I wasn't at home, unless my skype was acting up.

It might have been the group call because I was playing TOS with one of the others until I had a power cut and she contacted me through the group call so it may have been that.
I got a notification from Skype the other day when I signed in, did you message me something after I signed off after the group call because it's showing a notification but nothing's there.

Quote Valkyrior ()
Does anyone else have a favorite game Protagonist, Antagonist or just any random character that they just completely Fangirl over?

I love Jill Valentine but I think mine would definitely have to be Elena Fisher.

I just completely love her in the Uncharted series and I have a particular soft spot for Emily Rose anyway, she's one of the loveliest people to meet in person.
Attachments: 4190421.jpg (857.3 Kb)

ValkyriorDate: Monday, 31 Mar 14, 7:48 AM | Message # 200
Rakshasa
Yeah it could have been that. I know the group calls have been disbanded cuz people send way too many messages and others end up getting spammed.

I'll be online a bit later after work if you're up for a game or two?

Uncharted looks awesome. I should consider a PS4 for next gen.. But I love my xbox.

BreathofLifeDate: Monday, 31 Mar 14, 7:55 AM | Message # 201
Bounty Hunter
That makes sense and sure I'm up for a couple of games. It'll most probably be tonight sometime since I have a video to do but I'll definitely play.

It is so awesome, best games I've played along with TLOU and you should get a playstation even if it's a PS3, that way you can play the exclusives. I have an xbox but I only have Halo to play on it.

Isabel_QDate: Monday, 31 Mar 14, 9:14 AM | Message # 202
Drunk Valkyrie
I really want to play but I'm tooo tired. Been working for 11hrs straight. ugh.

Anyway, Emma did you make another Valkubus video?  happy
Do you accept requests?

Added (31 Mar 14, 9:14 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Pssst, guys, where is SlightlyTwisted?

BreathofLifeDate: Monday, 31 Mar 14, 9:31 AM | Message # 203
Bounty Hunter
I'm tired too but I'm gonna force myself to play something haha. I just don't know whether to continue on my second playthrough of Infamous or start my playthrough of the Uncharted series again. I feel like I'm about to fall asleep haha.

The last one I made was a couple of weeks back, I don't think I posted it on here though. I'll put it in the artwork thread since it would be out of place here. Yeah, I take requests whether it's Valkubus, Tamsin or Lost Girl in general. I always like new ideas smile

ValkyriorDate: Monday, 31 Mar 14, 9:40 AM | Message # 204
Rakshasa
I downloaded Resident Evil: Revelations from the store last night (which prompted me to ask the fangirl question) so I am currently enjoying the Jill time. It's nice to have a game where I can finally play as her again.. other than resi 5 for that short moment she was evil but not evil..

I will admit i'm not the biggest fan of what they've done with her face in Revelations, but the game is amazing.

Quote Isabel_Q ()
Monday blues maybe?
Boo monday.
angry

Quote BreathofLife ()
It is so awesome, best games I've played along with TLOU and you should get a playstation even if it's a PS3, that way you can play the exclusives. I have an xbox but I only have Halo to play on it.
 If i do get another console, it'll probably be next gen, I see Assassins Creed 5 isn't even coming out on last gen, which means the 360 and ps3 are going to be pushed out fairly quickly, and that sucks! Next gen consoles are way too expensive right now.

Post edited by Valkyrior - Monday, 31 Mar 14, 9:45 AM

SlightlyTwistedDate: Monday, 31 Mar 14, 2:08 PM | Message # 205
Rakshasa
Awards: 5
Quote Isabel_Q ()

I'm around wink Started a new game in Skyrim after downloading some mods, like houses and stuff, and I'm having a lot of fun playing it without cheating this time. 
I might just be a tad bit addicted.... Got no time for anything else :P

Isabel_QDate: Tuesday, 01 Apr 14, 0:09 AM | Message # 206
Drunk Valkyrie
Quote BreathofLife ()
I'm tired too but I'm gonna force myself to play something haha. I just don't know whether to continue on my second playthrough of Infamous or start my playthrough of the Uncharted series again. I feel like I'm about to fall asleep haha.
I wanted to watch TWD last night but fell asleep on 15 mins. of it, when I woke up, its already morning lol! I hate Mondays too!

Added (31 Mar 14, 11:42 PM)
Quote BreathofLife ()
I'll put it in the artwork thread since it would be out of place here. Yeah, I take requests whether it's Valkubus, Tamsin or Lost Girl in general. I always like new ideas
And it was amazing!
If you're not busy, can you make something Valkubusy of the song from Freezepop titled Swimming pool?
Its the song used on that epic Tibette elevator scene from The L Word, I just love it ever since.
I suggest you watch the scene in yt to give you an idea.
I loved the part where it goes "everything is perfect now" on and on lol, Its beautiful.
And maybe some slow mo on the kissing part wink
That's all, no rush and thanks in advance hug

Added (01 Apr 14, 0:09 AM)
Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
Started a new game in Skyrim after downloading some mods, like houses and stuff, and I'm having a lot of fun playing it without cheating this time. I might just be a tad bit addicted....
I'm glad you're having fun  smile , it's really addicting and I'm almost afraid to play it b'coz you cannot put it down.

Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
Got no time for anything else
I've decided, I will ignore your last statement. he he

Post edited by Isabel_Q - Tuesday, 01 Apr 14, 3:09 AM

BreathofLifeDate: Tuesday, 01 Apr 14, 4:20 AM | Message # 207
Bounty Hunter
Quote Valkyrior ()
I see Assassins Creed 5 isn't even coming out on last gen, which means the 360 and ps3 are going to be pushed out fairly quickly, and that sucks! Next gen consoles are way too expensive right now.

I didn't even know about AC5 till you just mentioned it. They really need to stop bringing a game out each year, it gets monotonous. I wonder if this one will be as good as Black Flag. They are ridiculously expensive, I got the PS4 but didn't realize that you had to now pay to play online so that's an extra £13 every three months, it's just all about money grabbing.

Isabel_Q, thank you! I'm glad you liked it.
Yeah, I can do that. It's a weird song but I'm sure I can figure something out. Slow mo on the kissing parts? You got it!
Cool, I have one more video to do and then I'll start on yours since I have Easter holidays now and you're very welcome happy

ValkyriorDate: Tuesday, 01 Apr 14, 5:05 AM | Message # 208
Rakshasa
Quote BreathofLife ()
They are ridiculously expensive, I got the PS4 but didn't realize that you had to now pay to play online so that's an extra £13 every three months, it's just all about money grabbing.
It really is, I'm starting to consider an Alienware laptop or building myself a decent PC, because if that's the case then consoles are just getting ridiculous.

Quote BreathofLife ()
I wonder if this one will be as good as Black Flag
Yeah the problem with AC is that it can get very repetitive, that's what i loved about black flag is that it was kinda Far Cry 3, meets pirates of the caribbean, meets assassins creed. Also the story behind the assassin was interesting too. But AC3 was by far the worst game in the series, I hated conor with a passion and kinda hoped he would die.

I hope they do something different with this one again, while keeping the AC roots.

Isabel_QDate: Tuesday, 01 Apr 14, 7:34 AM | Message # 209
Drunk Valkyrie
Quote BreathofLife ()
Yeah, I can do that. It's a weird song but I'm sure I can figure something out. Slow mo on the kissing parts? You got it!Cool, I have one more video to do and then I'll start on yours since I have Easter holidays now and you're very welcome happy
YES! Thank youuuu!
P.S. It has weird lyrics yes lol, you can tone down the weird parts of the song, maybe just instrumental at first? like what the L word did?  I know you can figure it out.
And add your signature dialogues on the back ground, because I love those happy

Added (01 Apr 14, 7:34 AM)
yes I agree with everything you said guys....

Post edited by Isabel_Q - Tuesday, 01 Apr 14, 7:29 AM

BreathofLifeDate: Tuesday, 01 Apr 14, 8:07 AM | Message # 210
Bounty Hunter
Quote Valkyrior ()
It really is, I'm starting to consider an Alienware laptop or building myself a decent PC, because if that's the case then consoles are just getting ridiculous.

It might be a good idea, at least you don't have to get new systems every like few years years just to keep up with the games.

Quote Valkyrior ()
Yeah the problem with AC is that it can get very repetitive, that's what i loved about black flag is that it was kinda Far Cry 3, meets pirates of the caribbean, meets assassins creed.

Extremely repetitive. I loved AC1 and 2 then got bored with Revelations and played about 30 minutes of AC3 but thought it was terrible. If they didn't bring it out every year and actually focused on making each game more unique, I wouldn't mind playing them.

Quote Isabel_Q ()
YES! Thank youuuu!P.S. It has weird lyrics yes lol, you can tone down the weird parts of the song, maybe just instrumental at first? like what the L word did? I know you can figure it out.
And add your signature dialogues on the back ground, because I love those

You're welcome smile Yeah, I'll play around with the song and take a look at the scene it's played in. I will be sure to add voiceovers!

Forum » The Dal Riata » The Bar » The Gaming Thread (for all the video game nerds out there)
Search: