Tuesday, 19 Mar 24, 0:50 AM
Welcome, Guest | RSS
[ New posts · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Valkyrior, Lanie  
Forum » The Dal Riata » The Bar » The Gaming Thread (for all the video game nerds out there)
The Gaming Thread
Eternal-DustDate: Friday, 27 Sep 13, 12:57 PM | Message # 1
Food > You
Group: Administrators
Awards: 11
Dragon Age: Inquisition come to me sooooooon

I'm also obsessed with Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Batman: Arkham [Whatever], Mass Effect 1, Knights of the Old Republic, Tomb Raider, etc. 

Anyone else?

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

AshDate: Friday, 27 Sep 13, 1:17 PM | Message # 2
Bounty Hunter
Group: Users
Awards: 5
This thread is for maaaaah.
Well, I'm obsessed with sooo many games. Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Assassin's Creed, Neverwinter Nights, Deus Ex, The Elders Scroll, Fallout and more, seriously.

Hey, Erara, tell me. Which one do you prefer? Dragon Age Origins or Dragon Age 2? Choose wisely.

" Dude, I live in my truck. "

Eternal-DustDate: Friday, 27 Sep 13, 1:20 PM | Message # 3
Food > You
Origins of course  happy I can appreciate what they were trying to do with DA2 but they really fucked it up. They took away too much customization and player agency. I liked the changes to combat a little bit, but it did not make up for the countless, countless reuse of the same dungeons. Gag. Also, Isabela is nice and all but Leliana will always be my precious.

AshDate: Friday, 27 Sep 13, 1:32 PM | Message # 4
Bounty Hunter
Whaaaaa, okay, I'm not surprsied. I think I'm the only person that like DA2. I like both games, with I had more fun with the second one. Combat was more dynamic, which was good, and characters were far better than the ones from the first game. Also the story.. Something new and fresh from constant big, ancient evil that wants to destroy the world *sigh*
But I agree with you.

Origins on the other hand had better graphic and pretty locations. More dialogue options and it was longer.
Also, Leliana.. I like her, too. But.. I think that's it.

Eternal-DustDate: Friday, 27 Sep 13, 1:36 PM | Message # 5
Food > You
I loved the combat in DA2. It made me look forward to all the fights. It's just...I wish they didn't use the same damn cave all the time. And I loved Hawke much more than the Warden. I adore my sarcastic Fem!Hawke. But I'm really looking forward to Inquisition. It looks EPIC.

AshDate: Friday, 27 Sep 13, 1:42 PM | Message # 6
Bounty Hunter
I agree, same damn cave, same house, but it was exactly the same with first Mass Effect, so I just ignore that fact in DA2.
And oh my God. Sacrastic Hawke is fantastic! You gotta check this out:

( my video btw ;P )
Anyway, FemHawke has such lovely voice, great VA. Too bad I can't say the same thing about MaleHawke. His voice is.. um.. terrible.

omaloraDate: Friday, 27 Sep 13, 1:49 PM | Message # 7
Bounty Hunter
Awards: 4
I've only really played World of Warcraft though I'm on hiatus.. considering going back but no monies. Not much of a console gamer - was never very good at it. Also, Star Wars the Old Republic, but that's gone the same way as my WoW status.

Eternal-DustDate: Friday, 27 Sep 13, 1:59 PM | Message # 8
Food > You
Quote (omalora)
( my video btw ;P ) Anyway, FemHawke has such lovely voice, great VA. Too bad I can't say the same thing about MaleHawke. His voice is.. um.. terrible.

He sounds so...grandfatherly. I love sarcastic FemHawke so much. I'm also partial to angry FemHawk as well. She pulls off the psychotic quite well. God I just love murder-knifing everyone as her.  biggrin

Quote (omalora)
Also, Star Wars the Old Republic, but that's gone the same way as my WoW status.

I really wished TOR was actually KoTOR3 *cough*

omaloraDate: Friday, 27 Sep 13, 2:02 PM | Message # 9
Bounty Hunter
Awards: 4
Quote (Eternal-Dust)
I really wished TOR was actually KoTOR3 *cough*

You hope the gameplay/quality was the same or that more people play it? :P

Eternal-DustDate: Friday, 27 Sep 13, 2:20 PM | Message # 10
Food > You
Quote (omalora)
You hope the gameplay/quality was the same or that more people play it? :P

That it was a continuation of the series and not a MMO. Or if they must, then give us a KoTOR3 also instead of one or the other. It makes me sad.

Fangirl-outletDate: Friday, 27 Sep 13, 3:30 PM | Message # 11
Your face sucks
Awards: 8
Erara still needs to play The Last of Us. Actually, I'd encourage everyone who hasn't played it to play it and cry with me.

"Why do you care so much!?"

AshDate: Friday, 27 Sep 13, 3:35 PM | Message # 12
Bounty Hunter
Quote (Fangirl-outlet)
Erara still needs to play The Last of Us. Actually, I'd encourage everyone who hasn't played it to play it and cry with me.
I want to play it sooo badly. Unfortunately I can't, don't have ps3 or any other console in that matter. Only have my crappy pc.

Fangirl-outletDate: Friday, 27 Sep 13, 3:42 PM | Message # 13
Your face sucks
Quote (Ash)
I want to play it sooo badly. Unfortunately I can't, don't have ps3 or any other console in that matter. Only have my crappy pc.

Oh, dude. That sucks. The game is beyond epic and emotional and beautiful. It's a masterpiece if I ever saw one. Erara was there when I was losing my shit as I played it.

AshDate: Friday, 27 Sep 13, 3:43 PM | Message # 14
Bounty Hunter
Quote (Fangirl-outlet)
Oh, dude. That sucks. The game is beyond epic and emotional and beautiful. It's a masterpiece if I ever saw one. Erara was there when I was losing my shit as I played it.
No, no, no, no. I need to play it! q_q I'm thinking about watching it on youtube, but it won't be the same *sigh*

Fangirl-outletDate: Friday, 27 Sep 13, 3:47 PM | Message # 15
Your face sucks
Quote (Ash)
No, no, no, no. I need to play it! q_q I'm thinking about watching it on youtube, but it won't be the same *sigh*
 It won't be, but it'll be good either way. It feels a lot like a movie, so it's one of the easier games to watch online. But if you ever get the opportunity to play it, do so. It's a must play. 

Maybe try this one, when you have the chance.

Forum » The Dal Riata » The Bar » The Gaming Thread (for all the video game nerds out there)
Search: