[ New posts · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Lanie, Valkyrior  
Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » General S4 Spoilers
General S4 Spoilers
SHCDate: Sunday, 12 Jan 14, 7:38 AM | Message # 691
Bounty Hunter
Group: Administrators
Awards: 10
Guys the script teaser is up but my laptop is dead and I'm on my phone if someone is ever so kind to post it on the 4x09 thread I'll be really grateful. Looks like the Odin spec may still be alive...also Tamxiety.

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Tuesday, 14 Jan 14, 3:52 AM | Message # 692
Kitsune
Group: Users
Awards: 5
Available to users only

nerdmuseumDate: Tuesday, 14 Jan 14, 8:21 AM | Message # 693
Squonk
Awards: 0
Just a random thought that probably doesn't make any sense but: there was a spoiler that we would see Tamsin's wings again in ep 13. I always thought they would pop up in fighting stance, like the first time we saw them. But since someone will die, and Valkyries take soldiers to Valhalla (?), could it be that we will see Tamsin do her "work" and that's how her wings show up again? The reason I like this idea is that it would relax my Tamxiety a lot if I knew she was gonna be alive and kicking.

SlightlyTwistedDate: Tuesday, 14 Jan 14, 12:03 PM | Message # 694
Rakshasa
That could be nerdmuseum. In any case, I don't think Tamsin is the one to die. Our fandom has a written "contract" with Jay Firestone that he will keep Tamsin alive, and I don't think he would have written that if he knew she was dying this season. I mean.. just imagine the hate he set himself up for in such a scenario.

Personally I hope it's Lauren, and I will also settle for Dyson or Trick. Only let down about it being any one of them, is that we know Bo will go fight for them or whatever (and probably save whoever it is that dies).

nerdmuseumDate: Tuesday, 14 Jan 14, 12:38 PM | Message # 695
Squonk
Oh that's right! Thanks for reminding me! Plus, it would be such a dumb move. He was smart enough to add her, so I've got high hopes.

I should feel horrible because I was nodding with the creepiest grin when you said you hoped it's Lauren lol

Eternal-DustDate: Tuesday, 14 Jan 14, 3:00 PM | Message # 696
Food > You
Awards: 11
Available to users only

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

SlightlyTwistedDate: Tuesday, 14 Jan 14, 3:15 PM | Message # 697
Rakshasa
I went to check her out on twitter, but there's nothing about valkubus on there. Has she deleted her tweets? What did she say? Is she a writer? And how is she more important that Andras?

As for Officer Slamsin... She has been raised by a loving family this time, so that's probably why she's more lightweight.
I'm fine with her the way she is to be honest. I'd just like to see more of her...

Post edited by SlightlyTwisted - Tuesday, 14 Jan 14, 3:17 PM

Eternal-DustDate: Tuesday, 14 Jan 14, 3:28 PM | Message # 698
Food > You
Available to users only

Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
As for Officer Slamsin... She has been raised by a loving family this time, so that's probably why she's more lightweight.

I don't buy it though. She's at least 3000 years old with thousands of years of regret, hardship and struggle and for all of that to be washed away by just a few weeks of care and nurturing? It's a tall order. They gave her poop and dick jokes in the last ep. It just seemed so juvenile to me and wholly inconsistent for someone who has regained all of her memories of her past lives.

SlightlyTwistedDate: Tuesday, 14 Jan 14, 3:44 PM | Message # 699
Rakshasa
God, I hate these writers some times! Why are they such jerks all the time? I thought Canadians were supposed to be all nice and shit...

Quote Eternal-Dust ()
I don't buy it though. She's at least 3000 years old with thousands of years of regret, hardship and struggle and for all of that to be washed away by just a few weeks of care and nurturing? It's a tall order. They gave her poop and dick jokes in the last ep. It just seemed so juvenile to me and wholly inconsistent for someone who has regained all of her memories of her past lives.
Well, that's true. But we've only had two episodes with her memories fully restored, and it's around Kenzi she acts this juvenile, so perhaps it's just to kind of highlight the "mother/daughter" relationship? 
I found her consistent enough with season 3 Tamsin when she was with Bo in 4x08 at least.

SirGladiatorDate: Tuesday, 14 Jan 14, 7:07 PM | Message # 700
Squonk
Honestly, the criticism about Tamsin not being there until after the scene was over was incorrect because it was missing the bigger picture, obviously EA 'way' overreacted to it, but Tamsin clearly had to 'just miss' Bo and that dude, or else she'd have spilled the beans about the Wanderer being Bo's father and everything else she knows about him, and they couldn't drag the storyline out as long as they intend to.  Once everybody learns the truth, the storyline has to 'finally' start to come to an end, so they were just delaying that happening in an intentionally frustrating way.  On the more general point, yes it would've been nice to have more Valkubus discussion in E9, but we had plenty of Tamsin and Kenzi interaction, it would've been nice if they'd talked about Bo and Tamsin's relationship, but oh well, maybe next time smile .  And in regard to someone dying, the old woman made it pretty clear that Bo would come back to see her again to save the person who dies, who she 'loves very much', so from that standpoint it would be best if it was Tamsin, since obviously whoever dies isn't going to stay dead, and it would confirm yet again how much Bo loves Tamsin.  It would actually make perfect sense, Tamsin tries to take the Wanderer's soul but fails and he kills her, Bo rescues her, she tells Bo everything about the Wanderer, breaks the spell he has on her (perhaps by giving the old woman the handprint thing that she wants it removes his hold on Bo) , and then together they overcome the Wanderer and Tamsin is finally able to take his soul.  And then of course, they can celebrate Bo getting her freedom back and Tamsin completing her true mission (to take the Wanderer's soul) in the way we all want them to, if you know what I mean, and I think you do smile .

Eternal-DustDate: Tuesday, 14 Jan 14, 8:06 PM | Message # 701
Food > You
Forgot to add that Vanessa Piazza is a producer for the show. 

Quote SirGladiator ()
Honestly, the criticism about Tamsin not being there until after the scene was over was incorrect because it was missing the bigger picture, obviously EA 'way' overreacted to it, but Tamsin clearly had to 'just miss' Bo and that dude, or else she'd have spilled the beans about the Wanderer being Bo's father and everything else she knows about him, and they couldn't drag the storyline out as long as they intend to.

But that's the point. They are unnecessarily dragging the plot along when they shouldn't since we have, what, only 4 eps left. All of this should have been resolved in the first half of the season. The Una Mens have now been completely shoved into the background for whatever reason. Tamsin is, at this point, merely a plot device for when it's convenient for them and the fact that Valkubus exists in a vacuum this season and is never acknowledged after the fact is also telling. They gave us 4x08 as fanservice, but it has no significance to the show or the characters.

BreathofLifeDate: Wednesday, 15 Jan 14, 4:45 AM | Message # 702
Bounty Hunter
Awards: 4
I think fanservice has been the primary intention all along for this season even though none of it gives any significance to the show or characters, you had Dybo dragged out through the first episodes of the season, then Doccubus in parts and then Valkubus in 4x08. So, I guess that's their solution to trying to drag the plot along, give each ship what they want and they'll be happy with not getting any answers about anything else...except it didn't work because now absolutely nothing in this show makes any sense what so ever. All of the characters have pretty much been written inconsistently in one episode or another and the plot seems to have been chucked in when and where they feel like putting it in.

What makes me laugh is the only thing that is consistent seems to be the triangle, which is absolutely ridiculous because I've never seen a show pick pleasing ships *coughDoccubus* mostly, over the actual storylines of the show. The way the Wanderer's been brought in to the show is stupid, especially with all the hype up until that moment...they threw away a perfect opportunity to have a real (voldemort) type evil, one that actually poses a threat.

The Una Mens much like Crystal have seemed to disappear as well, it's a shame since they've actually been one of the only interesting things this season.

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Wednesday, 15 Jan 14, 9:30 AM | Message # 703
Kitsune
Available to users only

The way Una Mens were forgotten in the last episodes while they showed them in past two "previously on Lost Girl" is just ..I can't even find a word to describe it.. sorry just idiotic.
I don't think there can be any excuses good enough to explain the crap fest of S4 plot. Ok S2 they wrote story for 13 eps, but got 22. S3 they wrote for 22, but got 13. S4 has no fucking excuse, nothing but lazy unprofessional writing or incompetency to join all the writings together.
Maybe LG sucks cause every episode is written by a different person. Ok so i went on wiki and only in S1 most episodes were written by one person - ML, and as you know S1 definitely stands out plot wise.

Just wish JF would also get out if his bubble and see where the hack his show is going.

BreathofLifeDate: Wednesday, 15 Jan 14, 11:39 AM | Message # 704
Bounty Hunter
Awards: 4
Available to users only

I'll agree S1 was strong plot wise but I think S3 was also a strong season, it was definitely up to standards for me at least...not even going to mention S2. So is it possible to say it's down to the fact that they have different writers each episode because the S3 writers are pretty much the same ones that wrote S4, give or take a couple, however S4 has none of the continuity or sense that the previous season did. I don't know where it went wrong or how...it just tumbled downhill from some point. It's not 'take everything you know about Lost Girl and turn it upside down.' It's 'take everything you know about Lost Girl and turn it into crap that doesn't connect or make any sense.'

Hopefully JF and others pay attention to fan feedback and drastically change the show around for S5, otherwise it's just going to get worse. Guess we'll see where we stand at the end of this season.

Post edited by BreathofLife - Wednesday, 15 Jan 14, 11:39 AM

SlightlyTwistedDate: Wednesday, 15 Jan 14, 12:08 PM | Message # 705
Rakshasa
Quote BreathofLife ()
Hopefully JF and others pay attention to fan feedback and drastically change the show around for S5, otherwise it's just going to get worse. Guess we'll see where we stand at the end of this season.
If it's even getting a fifth season. How are the ratings? Does anyone know?

Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » General S4 Spoilers
Search: