[ New posts · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Lanie, Valkyrior  
Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » General S4 Spoilers
General S4 Spoilers
UberFaenaticDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 5:03 PM | Message # 181
Rakshasa
Group: Users
Awards: 6
Well look.  They didn't give Doccubus a "real relationship" until season 3.  So it could be they flirt with Valkubus this season and if we get a Season 5, we'll see even more.  But so far everything in me is saying Bo has outgrown the triangle.  Even though she will always harbor feelings for both of them, she's destined for more.

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 5:22 PM | Message # 182
Kitsune
Awards: 5
Yeah, this show and the story should be bigger than just Bo's love triangle. 

I do get Buffy vibes from time to time, not of the epic proportions of course but I mean the show has so much richness and treasure buried, just waited to be explored.

Also the way for Bo to get over triangle is not to get into another triangle but take a time off, regroup and find someone new (of course i want it to be Tamsin). The lingering feelings will remain, but that's life, it's common to have more than two relationships. IT'S REALLY TIME FOR BO TO MOVE ON

Speaking of Buffy and relationships again. I thought of a parallel. Angel - Dyson, Riley - Lauren, Spike - Tamsin. Whatya think?

UberFaenaticDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 5:28 PM | Message # 183
Rakshasa
I might lose fandom points, but believe it or not, I never got into Buffy.  lol  *runs for cover*

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 5:35 PM | Message # 184
Kitsune
LOL no worries, I got into Buffy like 5 years after it stopped airing.

But damn I DID have a revelation about those Buffy relationships. Angel is an old vampa, Riley is human (Buffy trying to built a normal relationship with him just to feel normal, of course guess how it ends). And Spike, well Spike is a peroxide badass vampa with a very vulnerable heart (and then he goes to get his soul back for Buffy *ugly sob*) 

Eternal-DustDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 5:45 PM | Message # 185
Food > You
Group: Administrators
Awards: 11
Quote ValkyrieLiquorCabinet ()
Also the way for Bo to get over triangle is not to get into another triangle but take a time off, regroup and find someone new (of course i want it to be Tamsin). The lingering feelings will remain, but that's life, it's common to have more than two relationships. IT'S REALLY TIME FOR BO TO MOVE ON

I feel like for the span of 2 seasons, Bo really suffers as a character because of her relationships. She is drowned out being with either Dyson or Lauren. There is always this push from them for her to be someone that she's not. It's frustrating and there must be a revelation for her character soon.

Quote UberFaenatic ()
I might lose fandom points, but believe it or not, I never got into Buffy.  lol  *runs for cover*

Me neither. *hides with you* The only Joss Whedon show I can say I genuinely loved was Firefly.

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

Fangirl-outletDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 10:19 PM | Message # 186
Your face sucks
Group: Administrators
Awards: 8
Quote Eternal-Dust ()
Me neither. *hides with you* The only Joss Whedon show I can say I genuinely loved was Firefly.

You disgust me.

Speaking of Buffy and relationships again. I thought of a parallel. Angel - Dyson, Riley - Lauren, Spike - Tamsin. Whatya think?

I think Riley's troubles were probably a bit more logical and understandable than Lauren's, and a lot less harmful specifically to his partner. He had a more internal struggle, but Lauren tends to lash out and speak down to Bo and Kenzi. Riley more knew he was beneath Bo. He fought to be a support for her, but failed in his own inner turmoil, giving into whatever temptation to escape his failures or whatever. 

Angel's a lot more guilt-ridden than Dyson. It drive his entire being, his curse defining his character. Dyson allows, instead, his love to drive his character. His personality rather becomes brooding after the hardships that he faces with Bo, and none of it is really guilt, but heart ache and the struggle to maintain his distance for Bo's own happiness.

I think that Tamsin is probably also a lot more guilt ridden and conflicted than Spike. Spike falls in love and then tries to change, but Tamsin seems to struggle with her entire existence from the very start. She is controlled by someone that terrifies her, and her struggle is between doing what is right and doing what is best to keep her alive. Spike's struggle was more being what Buffy wanted/needed vs. what he was and what he had worked towards being.

So, though parallels exist, they don't quite line up in my eyes. There are others who compared Tamsin to Faith, but that also seemed... unideal to me. Just my opinion, but nice thought. I love to discuss both Lost Girl and (my true love) Buffy. smile

"Why do you care so much!?"

UberFaenaticDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 11:10 PM | Message # 187
Rakshasa
Quote Eternal-Dust ()
I feel better now! biggrin

Okay time for a ranty-rant.

Available to users only
#Tamxiety

Post edited by UberFaenatic - Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 11:12 PM

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Friday, 11 Oct 13, 1:05 AM | Message # 188
Kitsune
Hey, I whole-heartedly agree, Fangirl, there were different motives/reasons/stories etc, true. But there are general things and details that are so freaking similar, I started thinking about it last night and was like whoa.
Maybe when I have time I write down what i thought was alike.

SlightlyTwistedDate: Friday, 11 Oct 13, 4:12 AM | Message # 189
Rakshasa
Could someone fill me in on what happened with the valkubaby and the writers? Like, what did they say exactly?

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Friday, 11 Oct 13, 4:59 AM | Message # 190
Kitsune
Quote SlightlyTwisted
Could someone fill me in on what happened with the valkubaby and the writers? Like, what did they say exactly?

They simply twitted "No. You do not exist"

SlightlyTwistedDate: Friday, 11 Oct 13, 5:15 AM | Message # 191
Rakshasa
They simply twitted "No. You do not exist"

Oh.. wow. Slap in the face indeed.

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Friday, 11 Oct 13, 7:43 AM | Message # 192
Kitsune
yeah, although I try not to give any significance to that, but it did feel like a punch in the gut

marieksparkleDate: Friday, 11 Oct 13, 8:15 AM | Message # 193
Squonk
Awards: 2
ehm people!!!!  I'm confused...   is this photoshopped or real?! and secondly is this new or old?! (I'm really asking it because I have no experience with photoshop or identifying if something is photoshop made)  I found it on tumbler and since I only have you on my tumbler list I guess at least some of you must have seen it...

Post edited by marieksparkle - Friday, 11 Oct 13, 8:16 AM

SlightlyTwistedDate: Friday, 11 Oct 13, 11:35 AM | Message # 194
Rakshasa
It's real I think. Dyson has been cut out of the photo on the right there. 
And it's from the season 3 promo shoots.

marieksparkleDate: Friday, 11 Oct 13, 11:45 AM | Message # 195
Squonk
Awards: 2
ah ok I found it smile thanks!

Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » General S4 Spoilers
Search: