Forum moderator: Lanie, Valkyrior  
Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » General S4 Spoilers
General S4 Spoilers
UberFaenaticDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 11:15 AM | Message # 151
Rakshasa
Group: Users
Awards: 6
Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
That is true! And the only reason I would ever venture over in those hateful pastures.
Yep. Plus I look at it as a way to dust off my snark skills.  Putting people in their places, arguing/debating...without being spoiled or cruel or all attack-y like.

Let them be brats.  I'll be there pushing back respectfully and then their behavior is seen for what it is in contrast to respectful debate.

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

SHCDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 11:15 AM | Message # 152
Bounty Hunter
Group: Administrators
Awards: 10
Available to users only

UberFaenaticDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 11:22 AM | Message # 153
Rakshasa
Yeah I honestly don't have a problem with people who don't like Tamsin.  She's a fictional character and they're entitled to like or not like whoever they want. (That's not to say I won't lovingly beat the crap out of them with logic and patience wink )

But turning on a real person because they interfere with your ship? NOT COOL.

And I'd say the same if Valkushippers went after Zoie personally...which thankfully no one has.

I've seen this in other fandoms as well and I just have no patience for it. The actors cannot help that you want their characters in other ships and I think it's disgusting to hate on Rachel because her presence on the show threatens your preferred pairing.

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

SlightlyTwistedDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 11:36 AM | Message # 154
Rakshasa
Awards: 5
So I just got a reply from the Showcase Viewer Relations... What a generic answer. It didn't respond to anything I said in my email at all!

Thanks for contacting Showcase and for your interest in Lost Girl. We understand your enthusiasm for the show – we’re fans too! – but unfortunately you will have to wait and see when the show returns for a fourth season on Showcase on Sunday, November 10 at 10pm ET/PT.
Thanks again for your email – have a great day! Regards, ShowcaseViewer Relationswww.showcase.ca

So, we'll have to wait and see when the show starts if they'll rectify their continued leaving Rachel/Tamsin out of their press releases? Awesome sauce, showcase!

Post edited by SlightlyTwisted - Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 11:37 AM

SHCDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 11:37 AM | Message # 155
Bounty Hunter
Awards: 10
Quote 1904
That is true! And the only reason I would ever venture over in those hateful pastures.

Woo! I got a shout out as one of the only Tamsin fans on the planet!! Clearly, she only has 6 LMAO.

Quote 1903
I look at it this way.  If we don't engage or show our support for our girl on the official comments, then the Doccubi are all TPTB see.  And that only encourages the Doccubi in their sense of entitlement for their preferred pairing.

Available to users only

UberFaenaticDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 11:40 AM | Message # 156
Rakshasa
Available to users only
A-friggin-men.

Miss_SatanDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 12:19 PM | Message # 157
Baby Fae
Awards: 2
It's better playing it like a ninja, (in the sense of making our moves clean and objective) people care for good impresions. We just have to take them unnoticed.  smoke

"Do I Look Like I Care?"

Eternal-DustDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 12:28 PM | Message # 158
Food > You
Awards: 11
Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
So I just got a reply from the Showcase Viewer Relations... What a generic answer. It didn't respond to anything I said in my email at all!

I got the same generic response. They didn't even read it, or probably just had a bot send out all replies.

Available to users only

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

UberFaenaticDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 12:33 PM | Message # 159
Rakshasa
It's why I don't even bother. I simply highlight the fact that they are hating on Rachel irrationally and then go back to talking about the characters.

I am new to the online fandom...but I get the sense that folks got tired of being beaten down by the Doccubi and just didn't want to deal with it.  But I think that backing down like that only empowers them to be jerkier.  lol

Eternal-DustDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 12:57 PM | Message # 160
Food > You
Available to users only

Miss_SatanDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 1:20 PM | Message # 161
Baby Fae
Awards: 2
Available to users only

"Do I Look Like I Care?"

Eternal-DustDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 1:35 PM | Message # 162
Food > You
Available to users only

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 1:44 PM | Message # 163
Kitsune
Awards: 5
Available to users only

UberFaenaticDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 2:02 PM | Message # 164
Rakshasa
It occurs to me now that when TPTB are talking about a triangle, that perhaps Dyson is no longer one of the corners even though people assume that he is, given he was her first love on the show.

Eternal-DustDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 2:04 PM | Message # 165
Food > You
Available to users only

Quote UberFaenatic ()
It occurs to me now that when TPTB are talking about a triangle, that perhaps Dyson is no longer one of the corners even though people assume that he is, given he was her first love on the show.

Those were my thoughts as well. The triangle will always "be there" but they were really coy as to what the triangle actually consists of this time around. And there was a lot of teasing about the possibility of a square.

Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » General S4 Spoilers
Search: