Tuesday, 16 Apr 24, 5:14 PM
Welcome, Guest | RSS
[ New posts · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Valkyrior, Lanie  
Forum » The Dal Riata » The Bar » The Gaming Thread (for all the video game nerds out there)
The Gaming Thread
ValkyriorDate: Tuesday, 01 Apr 14, 5:52 PM | Message # 211
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Quote BreathofLife ()
at least you don't have to get new systems every like few years years just to keep up with the games.

Graphics cards will have to be updated every now and then though, and there's just something about console gaming I love, also  a decent PC set up is a lot at one go.

Can't they just make gaming simple like it was back in the days of SNES.  dry

“Tomato juice, celery, vodka. Looks like lunch to me.”

Isabel_QDate: Tuesday, 01 Apr 14, 10:41 PM | Message # 212
Drunk Valkyrie
Group: Users
Awards: 13
yes

BreathofLifeDate: Wednesday, 02 Apr 14, 3:14 AM | Message # 213
Bounty Hunter
Quote Valkyrior ()
Graphics cards will have to be updated every now and then though, and there's just something about console gaming I love, also a decent PC set up is a lot at one go.

Oh, I agree. There will always be something about console gaming I love, that's why I very rarely play PC games, I can never get to grips with the controls. Even with the graphics card every now and again, it would most probably be cheaper in the long run but I would still end up buying the consoles cause I can't help myself.

Isabel_QDate: Thursday, 03 Apr 14, 6:05 AM | Message # 214
Drunk Valkyrie
Yah, controls in pc are annoying at times, plus I love the bigger screen of a tv instead, and the best part of consoles is, you can be lazy, lie in every position you like or roll around, instead of just sitting on a chair... it hurts your butt and back you know.

But, when you love the game in your pc you will still play it even if it hurts your butt.
The butt have to be sacrificed.

Added (03 Apr 14, 6:05 AM)
---------------------------------------------
So, I really wanted to play but I stumbled upon this book titled Naamah's Kiss by Jacqueline Carey‎ and I ended up loving Moirin and her unlikely savior he he the Queen... Jehanne. But, when I learned Jehanne died, I was so devastated to continue reading the 2nd & 3rd book..

Here's an excerpt from the book, a very emo exchange between them that I would like to share-

She paused and searched my face, her blue-grey eyes earnest and vulnerable and as bright as stars. "Do you love me at least a
little bit?"

I couldn't help it; I laughed. And I wept, too. "Do you truly have to ask? Yes, Jehanne, a thousand times, yes. You're absurdly beautiful,
utterly infuriating, and inexplicably charming, and I love you far, far
more than you deserve."

"Good." She put her arms around my neck, smiling at me through her tears. "Tell me more, please."

I did.

I pulled her close and kissed her over and over, and I told her everything I loved about her—decent and indecent.

tears
And when they spent the whole last night together and Jehanne was leaving the room, Moirin asked her to stay and spent the last night with her, Jehanne answered -

"Moirin." Her voice was low. "I have to go."
"It hurts too much to stay."

sniff

So, now that I've decided to skip the other 2 books, I will now have time to play again.

Post edited by Isabel_Q - Thursday, 03 Apr 14, 6:53 AM

ValkyriorDate: Thursday, 03 Apr 14, 6:12 AM | Message # 215
Rakshasa
Awwwh it kind of reminds me on Tamsin and Bo 

We should have a book thread, if anyone else on the site likes reading? I love books.  

As for gaming, I finished Resident Evil, And now i feel like I have nothing to play again, or I don't feel like playing anything, iunno.  bored

Isabel_QDate: Thursday, 03 Apr 14, 6:51 AM | Message # 216
Drunk Valkyrie
ikr? sniff
It's totally like them with Jehanne like Bo has several lovers, she has the King, a lover named Raphael and Moirin.
And you know the crazy thing about it? She loves them all, in different levels...

But when shes with Moirin, shes her happiest and her true self, she loves Moirin and I love that what they have is special and that they're soo a tuned with each others needs and emotions and that they have complete TRUST with each other and that really reminds me of Tamsin and Bo! Gahhhh!

Hey, you should give this book a try, I recommend it, you will like it, its kinda masochist.

And, I'm not sure if we have a book thread already (I only scrolled until page 3 so far), if we don't, can you make one?
Thanks!
You know I'm lazy.

BreathofLifeDate: Thursday, 03 Apr 14, 12:19 PM | Message # 217
Bounty Hunter
Quote Isabel_Q ()
But, when you love the game in your pc you will still play it even if it hurts your butt.The butt have to be sacrificed.

Of course the butt has to be sacrificed, I think that's the case with most gamers haha. If I'm enjoying a game, it's very hard to get me to move. I'm so getting Daylight when it comes out, it looks pretty scary...just my kind of game!

Geez, you are a masochist aren't you? That book sounds angsty and it's even worse when you put Bo and Tamsin in that situation.

Post edited by BreathofLife - Thursday, 03 Apr 14, 12:22 PM

ValkyriorDate: Thursday, 03 Apr 14, 1:05 PM | Message # 218
Rakshasa
Another decent scary game? Must look it up!

Asylum and The Evil Within look pretty good. And apparently there is another outlast game coming out.

BreathofLifeDate: Thursday, 03 Apr 14, 1:21 PM | Message # 219
Bounty Hunter
Yeah, it randomly generates the maps so each time you die, your next playthrough will always be different. The atmosphere it creates looks awesome. I'll have to look up Asylum but yes, The Evil Within does look pretty good. I never finished the first Outlast, it's still on my PS4 so I'll have to start playing it again, another one would be good though.

Isabel_QDate: Friday, 04 Apr 14, 0:10 AM | Message # 220
Drunk Valkyrie
Quote BreathofLife ()
Of course the butt has to be sacrificed, I think that's the case with most gamers haha. If I'm enjoying a game, it's very hard to get me to move.
    Sooo, how's your butt? giggle

Quote BreathofLife ()
Geez, you are a masochist aren't you? That book sounds angsty and it's even worse when you put Bo and Tamsin in that situation.
Ems my dear, I might be... a little bit.
Besides, reading angsty stuff produces tears and it's scientifically proven that crying is actually good for your health, it releases stress and tension and restores your body to a state of balance. (Serusha Govender)

I welcome pain and angst in small doses but I will never seek it because that's insane.

Post edited by Isabel_Q - Friday, 04 Apr 14, 5:51 AM

BreathofLifeDate: Friday, 04 Apr 14, 10:50 AM | Message # 221
Bounty Hunter
Quote Isabel_Q ()
Sooo, how's your butt?

Haha, a bit dead at the moment cause I've been playing PZ for a solid four hours tongue

Quote Isabel_Q ()
Ems my dear, I might be... a little bit.

Well being a little bit of one makes things interesting so I'd say you're okay. Me on the other hand, my brain seems to seek it out like a radar, I can never stop the terrible scenarios that my mind thinks up about valkubus and other TV shows. I think I need help haha.

ValkyriorDate: Friday, 04 Apr 14, 4:27 PM | Message # 222
Rakshasa
No no, we don't need help! It's totally ok to like being sad and upset about something!

Isabel_QDate: Friday, 04 Apr 14, 10:36 PM | Message # 223
Drunk Valkyrie
Quote BreathofLife ()
Haha, a bit dead at the moment cause I've been playing PZ for a solid four hours
To restore it to its previous soft and fresh look, I learned to soak it into a warm bubble butt bath biggrin

Post edited by Isabel_Q - Friday, 04 Apr 14, 10:36 PM

BreathofLifeDate: Saturday, 05 Apr 14, 3:06 AM | Message # 224
Bounty Hunter
Quote Valkyrior ()
No no, we don't need help! It's totally ok to like being sad and upset about something!

Okay, if you insist it's normal haha.

Quote Isabel_Q ()
To restore it to its previous soft and fresh look, I learned to soak it into a warm bubble butt bath

You can't beat a nice hot bubble bath! I might just have one of them before I go to work biggrin

On a separate note, anyone got the new Elder Scrolls online? I'm so tempted but I wanna know what other people think of it first.

Isabel_QDate: Saturday, 05 Apr 14, 7:01 AM | Message # 225
Drunk Valkyrie
IKR?   the warm water really soothes the tired muscles and restore it to its previous bouncy and soft look.  Maybe I should stop..butt

I didn't, I could barely play the console version, I'm not sure how can I play this online one...

Forum » The Dal Riata » The Bar » The Gaming Thread (for all the video game nerds out there)
Search: