Thursday, 28 Mar 24, 7:13 AM
Welcome, Guest | RSS
[ New posts · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Valkyrior, Lanie  
Forum » The Dal Riata » The Bar » The Gaming Thread (for all the video game nerds out there)
The Gaming Thread
Eternal-DustDate: Wednesday, 12 Mar 14, 2:13 PM | Message # 136
Food > You
Group: Administrators
Awards: 11
Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
Pretty!! Love the armor. What kind is it?

It's the Nightingale armor, but I'm wearing the Dark Brotherhood cowl for the +20% bow damage. I'm kind of sad that there aren't a lot of nice looking armor in this game. The Ebony armor looks real badass but that's heavy. I kind of wish I bought this on PC so I can use mods. Le sigh.

Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
The orphanage in Riften.. will we ever be able to adopt the kids from there? I killed the evil lady there, and hoped that would fix it, but even the nice lady there is scared of me now, even though she too wanted this lady dead. Fickle little bitch she was...

Did this coincide with the Aventus Aretino quest? I made sure to kill the old witch without anyone seeing me. After that the younger one lets you adopt the kids. There's a little girl in Whiterun you can adopt too.

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

SlightlyTwistedDate: Wednesday, 12 Mar 14, 2:17 PM | Message # 137
Rakshasa
Group: Users
Awards: 5
Quote Eternal-Dust ()
Did this coincide with the Aventus Aretino quest?
No. I wasn't a quest, but the kids there talked about this boy, and that he had said he would send someone to kill the lady. So I just killed her. I closed the doors so they wouldn't see, but they came running in anyway after it was done. Kids are all happy, but the other lady just runs around the house screaming for me to let her be, and that she yields.
I got enough at one point and killed her too, but that opened a whole other can of worms, so I went back to a previous save to undo that, and just left with the old lady killed.

Did I ruin it by not taking this kids quest first?

Post edited by SlightlyTwisted - Wednesday, 12 Mar 14, 2:21 PM

Eternal-DustDate: Wednesday, 12 Mar 14, 2:20 PM | Message # 138
Food > You
Group: Administrators
Awards: 11
Ah. I see. Killing the old lady was for that quest line. It also starts the dark brotherhood storyline. 

Anyway, I used an invisibility potion right after I whacked her and I just walked out of there.

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

SlightlyTwistedDate: Wednesday, 12 Mar 14, 2:28 PM | Message # 139
Rakshasa
Hmm... I'm gonna track down this kid, and see what happens then. 

Did you use the invisibility so they wouldn't suspect you? 
There's not a soul in Riften that cares, the guards only comes if you kill the nice lady too, which I had to undo.

ValkyriorDate: Wednesday, 12 Mar 14, 4:15 PM | Message # 140
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
I loved going to the orphanage in Fable 3 and adopt all the kids, and hired nannies to take care of them, and brought them toys from my travels. Good times
your Video game adventures sound like the best ever!!

I played through fable 3 a few times, but only had a child once, I wanted to try the good vs evil path, and then eventually raise enough money to save the kingdom in the end (which takes foreeeeever), then i finished the game again normally and went the family route.

“Tomato juice, celery, vodka. Looks like lunch to me.”

SlightlyTwistedDate: Wednesday, 12 Mar 14, 9:51 PM | Message # 141
Rakshasa
Quote Valkyrior ()
your Video game adventures sound like the best ever!!

I ignore quests a lot, and do what I want, lasts longer that way wink Buying houses and then upgrading the furniture, and making neighborhoods around the different cities that had only my kids, biological or adopted was super fun. 
And I always go with the good route. Tried evil in the beginning of F2 once, and I hated how it made the city look, so never did that again.
First time I played F3 I just missed the money mark by a few hundred. That was a disappointment. The other times I've worked my ass off to have enough money for everything. 
I love Fable biggrin

I wish Skyrim would allow us to buy (all) the houses we wanted as well. And that our actions had an impact on how the world looks and gets developed. That's what I miss the most. 

I've tracked down Aventus now, and it worked out quest-wise with him. He was super impressed I had already killed the old hag! The lady at the orphanage isn't afraid of me anymore, but she says the kids are not up for adoption. Why?

Isabel_QDate: Wednesday, 12 Mar 14, 11:17 PM | Message # 142
Drunk Valkyrie
Awards: 13
SlightlyTwisted, I just love reading your adventures!
Mines boring, I spent 30 minutes scratching my head to open that bear-insect-owl wall! and then got killed at least 4x by that draugr overlord!... I only defeated him when I changed my sword. I am just too tired of dying!
And then hauling the damn things over the mountains back to Riverwood. I spent a reaaaaaaly long time walking.
Got a little claustrophobic in the burrow, it's creepy but I kinda appreciate the layout.

The 1st time I swam the river I got stuck in the middle paddling like an idiot for 10 mins, but I just can't move! I quit that and the 2nd time walked around the mountain to see where is the most narrow riverbend (I got smarter lol), I have to say I spent 5 minutes just staring at the beautiful star studded sky.

So, I finished that golden claw quests and headed to the Jarl, got ambushed by 2 assholes on the way, died 2x b'coz I wansn't looking! assholes! they should have shouted and told me they're going to attack! So, if the music becomes hmm exciting there's enemy? lol

Isabel_QDate: Wednesday, 12 Mar 14, 11:24 PM | Message # 143
Drunk Valkyrie
I feel like I have to take another photo of my lady with armor this time.
I have no money to buy nice armor yet, but she still looks nice... look at the boobs, they're nice!
Attachments: 0090582.jpg (127.7 Kb)

ValkyriorDate: Thursday, 13 Mar 14, 7:28 AM | Message # 144
Rakshasa
Quote Isabel_Q ()
but she still looks nice
she looks great! smile

I tried to make mine look less scary.. I don't think it worked, I think i made it worse   

Isabel_QDate: Thursday, 13 Mar 14, 7:37 AM | Message # 145
Drunk Valkyrie
Thanks! I'm going for a hot, amazon, blond bombshell!

Quote Valkyrior ()
I tried to make mine look less scary.. I don't think it worked, I think i made it worse
Pffft! lol, you need to eat my friend, shes soo thin!
Are you sure, you're not a vampire?

Post edited by Isabel_Q - Thursday, 13 Mar 14, 7:43 AM

ValkyriorDate: Thursday, 13 Mar 14, 7:41 AM | Message # 146
Rakshasa
Quote Isabel_Q ()
Pffft! lol, you need to eat, my friend, shes soo thin! Are you sure, you're not a vampire?
  okok, I'll go find some food instead of tossing it all down a hill.

I'm def not a vampire, I'm a werewolf, Love the fun form!

Isabel_QDate: Thursday, 13 Mar 14, 7:47 AM | Message # 147
Drunk Valkyrie
lol, ok, I need to go, nice chat! hug

SlightlyTwistedDate: Thursday, 13 Mar 14, 12:13 PM | Message # 148
Rakshasa
Quote Valkyrior ()
  I think you made it worse too! Looks downright evil :P

I figured out why I couldn't adopt. Had to install the Hearthfire expansion. So now that's done, and I'm looking forward to building houses and adopt kids biggrin
Can't run anymore though. Walking like I'm overloaded, even though I'm not. I don't know what I have done, I don't think it's the expansion, because I ran around after installing, and then suddenly I couldn't....

Also, I need to light some beehives on fire. How do I do that?

ValkyriorDate: Thursday, 13 Mar 14, 2:10 PM | Message # 149
Rakshasa
Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
Also, I need to light some beehives on fire. How do I do that?
Do you have any fire magic yet? or the firebreath shout? maybe that will help, I don't recall beehives.

I think it's the silly eye paint i put on her, I want to make a new character but going through everything again. meh.

SlightlyTwistedDate: Thursday, 13 Mar 14, 5:29 PM | Message # 150
Rakshasa
Quote Valkyrior ()
Do you have any fire magic yet?
I don't know. Would you believe I have no clue how to work magic yet? Lol! Got the hang of shouts though, but no fire breath yet.

Forum » The Dal Riata » The Bar » The Gaming Thread (for all the video game nerds out there)
Search: