Friday, 29 Mar 24, 1:30 AM
Welcome, Guest | RSS
[ New posts · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Valkyrior, Lanie  
Forum » The Dal Riata » The Bar » The Gaming Thread (for all the video game nerds out there)
The Gaming Thread
SlightlyTwistedDate: Sunday, 09 Mar 14, 12:58 PM | Message # 91
Rakshasa
Group: Users
Awards: 5
Oh no, I can't steal! Right in the beginning I picked a lock, before I understood that this was not something I was actually supposed to do to get where I was going, and got booted off to jail immediately! I don't wanna be on the run from the law, or have to pay fines all the time, so I just take what I am allowed to take. I find after talking to people in their houses, or selling stuff to them, it lets me pick items that used to say "steal" on them before, so I'm good on that front. 

I've gotten into actually making stuff from the stuff I gather now though, so hopefully that'll help a bit, instead of just selling it without making something out of it first. 

I need to find my way back to Whiterun now though, to find the person selling upgrades for my house. But I'm so lost, I've been running (or you know, walking slowly) all day. Is there a way to teleport or something?

ValkyriorDate: Sunday, 09 Mar 14, 1:15 PM | Message # 92
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
I need to find my way back to Whiterun now though, to find the person selling upgrades for my house. But I'm so lost, I've been running (or you know, walking slowly) all day. Is there a way to teleport or something?
No quick travel option on the map?

If not, what's your closest Village/town/landmark?

Also if anyone is on XBL, feel free to add me, my GT is UltraMal80HD

“Tomato juice, celery, vodka. Looks like lunch to me.”

Post edited by Valkyrior - Sunday, 09 Mar 14, 3:32 PM

Fangirl-outletDate: Sunday, 09 Mar 14, 9:08 PM | Message # 93
Your face sucks
Group: Administrators
Awards: 8
Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
Oh, sweetie. Fast travel. Go to the menu, then the map, and just hover your arrow thingy over any place that you've "discovered", click on it, and it'll take you there. But you can only do this if you're not surpassing your carry weight. If you are, just drop the least valuable things, honestly you'll find more of it. 

Also, you should really start stealing. It's like the best thing ever, and it literally tells you when you're seen or not so you know that you will or will not get caught doing it.

"Why do you care so much!?"

SlightlyTwistedDate: Sunday, 09 Mar 14, 11:21 PM | Message # 94
Rakshasa
Quote Valkyrior ()
No quick travel option on the map?
There wasn't, but then suddenly I got that option. Maybe you need to discover a certain amount of places before you can fast travel? 
With the amount of walking I've done today, and trouble finding my way around those blasted mountains, I've at least discovered lots of places, and finished a couple quests I wasn't actively working on. So it wasn't all for nothing smile

Quote Fangirl-outlet ()
But you can only do this if you're not surpassing your carry weight. If you are, just drop the least valuable things, honestly you'll find more of it. 

Also, you should really start stealing. It's like the best thing ever, and it literally tells you when you're seen or not so you know that you will or will not get caught doing it.
I hate that it's impossible to fast travel when over the weight limit! But I've changed to a light armor now, so I can keep more stuff, lol! 

Can't find it in my heart to steal though. I'm legally hoarding enough as it is  yes And today it was surprisingly easy earning coins, as opposed to yesterday when I worked my ass off to get 5000 for my house.

Isabel_QDate: Sunday, 09 Mar 14, 11:27 PM | Message # 95
Drunk Valkyrie
Awards: 13
I wanted to play yesterday but I had guests that came in and I had to entertain them instead.

ValkyriorDate: Monday, 10 Mar 14, 6:38 AM | Message # 96
Rakshasa
I don't know about you, but I am hella excited to die and rage quit again multiple times when this comes out, hope it's as awesome as the first one.

Isabel_QDate: Monday, 10 Mar 14, 6:51 AM | Message # 97
Drunk Valkyrie
I haven't played this game before, but I looked it up and it looks awesome!

ValkyriorDate: Monday, 10 Mar 14, 7:04 AM | Message # 98
Rakshasa
It's probably one of the most difficult games i've ever played, But it's still one of the greats, give it a try smile But be prepared to die..like a lot!!

Isabel_QDate: Monday, 10 Mar 14, 7:13 AM | Message # 99
Drunk Valkyrie
lol, I saw you get to kill a giant Zombie rat... I'm sold.

Got to go meet someone, have a nice day Valkyrior smile

Eternal-DustDate: Monday, 10 Mar 14, 5:37 PM | Message # 100
Food > You
Group: Administrators
Awards: 11
Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
Can't find it in my heart to steal though. I'm legally hoarding enough as it is  And today it was surprisingly easy earning coins, as opposed to yesterday when I worked my ass off to get 5000 for my house.

In some houses, if the NPCs like you, you can actually just take their stuff without it being considered stealing. I swiped like every jar, plate and goblet from the palace in Whiterun and sold it. Then I took their books and sold it to the court wizard guy. My second character is so much wealthier at level 5 than my first character. It took me until like level 10 just to get 5000 gold on my first run cuz I didn't want to "steal" lol.

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

SlightlyTwistedDate: Monday, 10 Mar 14, 6:01 PM | Message # 101
Rakshasa
Quote Eternal-Dust ()
In some houses, if the NPCs like you, you can actually just take their stuff without it being considered stealing
Yeah, I figured that out. I take absolutely everything I'm allowed to take, anywhere! Lol! 
It's a bitch that the general goods stores only carries a set amount of money though. I've been having to use the wait option quite frequently to sell all the stuff I've been hoarding. 
Think I bought my house at around level 4 or 5, and now I'm level 10, and have got all the upgrades, and a fair amount of coins left. Maybe I should focus on some quests now biggrin

Feeling a bit stuck though, because I don't really want to cross the places I have to, to get to the quests, or discover new places, because I always get knocked out by trolls there, or these mages or whatever comes and freezes me to death, and I got no chance in hell to fight back. It's not fun... Why is everyone outside the cities my enemies? *whines* We should all work together to get rid of that damned dragon that's appeared. I sure as hell am not able to take it out on my own, I've tried. It moves too fast for me.
The dragon even killed my housecarl... I'm so sad about it too, because she was very useful. I went back to the Jarl, in hopes I could get a new one, but doesn't look like it...

Isabel_QDate: Monday, 10 Mar 14, 10:53 PM | Message # 102
Drunk Valkyrie
How in the world are you on level 10 now?
I played last night from the beginning and haven't finished level 1.
What is the secret in Bleak Falls Barrow?
The stupid skeletons always kills me!

Isabel_QDate: Monday, 10 Mar 14, 11:03 PM | Message # 103
Drunk Valkyrie
How about a contest on who has the hottest warrior?
Mine looks like.... Jessica Biel

Added (10 Mar 14, 11:03 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
Feeling a bit stuck though, because I don't really want to cross the places I have to, to get to the quests, or discover new places, because I always get knocked out by trolls there, or these mages or whatever comes and freezes me to death, and I got no chance in hell to fight back. It's not fun... Why is everyone outside the cities my enemies? *whines*
Come on! That's the fun, getting whacked out, at least you get to comeback...
Attachments: 6941785.jpg (201.4 Kb)

SlightlyTwistedDate: Monday, 10 Mar 14, 11:03 PM | Message # 104
Rakshasa
Quote Isabel_Q ()
How in the world are you on level 10 now?
I'm on level 14 now. I have no life, lol!

I'll take a photo of my character later/tomorrow.

Quote Isabel_Q ()
What is the secret in Bleak Falls Barrow? The stupid skeletons always kills me!

They kill you? You gotta swing at them! They die so easily. The secret is the word for a shout, I think. 

Quote Isabel_Q ()
Come on! That's the fun, getting whacked out, at least you get to comeback...
Nooo, I don't like getting knocked out. 
But I found a cheat to open all markers, so I can fast travel to any place, without having discovered it first  yes

Post edited by SlightlyTwisted - Monday, 10 Mar 14, 11:07 PM

Isabel_QDate: Monday, 10 Mar 14, 11:14 PM | Message # 105
Drunk Valkyrie
lol, what yours look like? give me a hint!

Added (10 Mar 14, 11:12 PM)

Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
They kill you? You gotta swing at them! They die so easily. The secret is the word for a shout, I think.
I died twice I remembered, the first time I run! but really slow ( I hoarded a lot too) lol and got cornered.
The second time there's 3 of them. I forgot to drink potion.
The 3rd try, I was smarter and killed them! biggrin

Added (10 Mar 14, 11:14 PM)

Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
But I found a cheat to open all markers, so I can fast travel to any place, without having discovered it first
Wut? where did you find it? Share the knowledge my friend.

Forum » The Dal Riata » The Bar » The Gaming Thread (for all the video game nerds out there)
Search: