Thursday, 28 Mar 24, 5:23 PM
Welcome, Guest | RSS
[ New posts · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Valkyrior, Lanie  
Forum » The Dal Riata » The Bar » The Gaming Thread (for all the video game nerds out there)
The Gaming Thread
ZoriahDate: Sunday, 10 Nov 13, 5:19 PM | Message # 61
Kitsune
Group: Users
Awards: 7
I'm a huge RPG and SFRPG fan.

ME1 actually made me care. I got sucked into the story. ME2 I am collecting resources to upgrade for the final big push but have sort of left it for months and I refuse to start ME3 until I'm finished. I hear the ending of ME3 people hated so, maybe I won't even bother playing.

Loved the first Dragon Age the most, DA2 and The Awakening didn't engage me as much.

Loved Skyrim, atmosphere and so on, but since I am a do all the side quests and leave no corner of the map unexplored kinda a gal, I never finished the main quests and lost interest. LOL same with Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Oblivion, Fable 1-3.

Have been an online gamer too. From EQ to Eve to WoW to Rift.

Currently playing Shadowrun Returns on PC.

I also adore adventure games. Even the old school point and click stuff.

I wish I had a PS3 so I could enjoy the Uncharted games. /jealous

DakaraJayneDate: Sunday, 10 Nov 13, 6:12 PM | Message # 62
Spriggan
Awards: 3
I was a big gamer but slowly eased off them over time, maybe when the PS4 is released I will become more of a gamer. (I have pre ordered it)

I used to play 1st person shooters, resistance, rainbow six, CoD etc. I still don't think you can beat The Sims though, I have spent many real life hours watching sim life hours fly by on that evil addictive game! Haha

I'm a WoW player also, only recently joined again - feel like a noob haha (It's gone down hill a lot, no where near as good as it used to be)

Bo: Nada
Tamsin: Speak for yourself
Me: *Dies*

Fangirl-outletDate: Sunday, 10 Nov 13, 7:33 PM | Message # 63
Your face sucks
Group: Administrators
Awards: 8
I'll play FPS and RPG mostly, but I'm no big gamer. I don't hold much interest in a lot of the games listed here to be honest. Uncharted, The Last of Us, CoD when I'm really bored, MAG (they're shutting down the servers *Sob*), Final Fantasy (VII, IX, X, X-2 are the only ones really worth my while), MGS. That's pretty much it, actually. Erara's forcing me to buy the newest Tomb Raider, so I guess I'll be playing that one soonish.

"Why do you care so much!?"

BreathofLifeDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 3:13 AM | Message # 64
Bounty Hunter
Awards: 4
Quote DakaraJayne ()
I still don't think you can beat The Sims though, I have spent many real life hours watching sim life hours fly by on that evil addictive game!

Oh god, I loved the sims! Although I always used the cheats and I was a bit sadistic cause I always found the most entertaining ways of killing them haha. 

Quote Fangirl-outlet ()
Erara's forcing me to buy the newest Tomb Raider, so I guess I'll be playing that one soonish.

Tomb Raider is one of my favourites, the new one's a bit of an uncharted rip off but it's still pretty awesome. I loved it anyway smile

ZoriahDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 4:47 AM | Message # 65
Kitsune
Awards: 7
I'm a huge Tomb Raider fan and am bummed I can't play the latest incarnation. I have an Xbox360 and several computers but I presume it's still PS3 only?

LanieDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 5:32 AM | Message # 66
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
Nerds!  tongue
I've never played any of the above mentioned games. No, not even The Sims.  baby

DakaraJayneDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 6:50 AM | Message # 67
Spriggan
Awards: 3
Quote BreathofLife ()
Oh god, I loved the sims! Although I always used the cheats and I was a bit sadistic cause I always found the most entertaining ways of killing them haha.
I love this! I have to admit I too have dabbled in the creative ways of killing a sim lmao

Bo: Nada
Tamsin: Speak for yourself
Me: *Dies*

BreathofLifeDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 7:00 AM | Message # 68
Bounty Hunter
Quote Zoriah ()
I'm a huge Tomb Raider fan and am bummed I can't play the latest incarnation. I have an Xbox360 and several computers but I presume it's still PS3 only?

It's available on all platforms I think, definitely on Xbox360 anyway.

Quote Lanie ()
Nerds!

yes I most certainly am!

Quote DakaraJayne ()
I love this! I have to admit I too have dabbled in the creative ways of killing a sim lmao

I'm glad I'm not the only one! It's just too fun to resist  happy

SlightlyTwistedDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 11:31 AM | Message # 69
Rakshasa
Awards: 5
Ah, The Sims!  I still play that game from time to time. Though mostly just building houses now though. 
My most recent architectural challenge was the crack shack  lol

BreathofLifeDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 2:21 PM | Message # 70
Bounty Hunter
Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
Though mostly just building houses now though. My most recent architectural challenge was the crack shack

I used to try that, my building projects always failed though so I just resorted to killing my sims haha. How'd the crack shack turn out, was it a success?

SlightlyTwistedDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 2:54 PM | Message # 71
Rakshasa
Awards: 5
Quote BreathofLife ()
How'd the crack shack turn out, was it a success?

Heh, no!
Downstairs was easy enough, but upstairs is impossible to figure out. 
I used the Lost Girl game as a template, plus what little we know about the layout up there, but, it doesn't line up at all, so I pretty much gave up.

As for killing my sims, my most fun project was an insane asylum in the basement of one of my houses, lol! There they suffered until death took them.

BreathofLifeDate: Thursday, 14 Nov 13, 4:50 PM | Message # 72
Bounty Hunter
Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
As for killing my sims, my most fun project was an insane asylum in the basement of one of my houses, lol! There they suffered until death took them.

Damn and I thought I was creative with killing my sims but you take the cake on this one haha!

Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
Downstairs was easy enough, but upstairs is impossible to figure out. I used the Lost Girl game as a template, plus what little we know about the layout up there, but, it doesn't line up at all, so I pretty much gave up.

Shame but I can see how it wouldn't quite work out considering we don't really know the exact layout. At least there was an attempt at it lol.

Fangirl-outletDate: Thursday, 14 Nov 13, 10:16 PM | Message # 73
Your face sucks
Group: Administrators
Awards: 8
Quote Zoriah ()
I have an Xbox360
*witness the disappointment* 
Quote Zoriah ()
but I presume it's still PS3 only?
It actually originally came out on all platforms. I remember seeing it (much to my annoyment) in my brother's GI magazine when news about it was just coming out. I'd been meaning to get it, but then The Last of Us came out and everything else just kind of fell away.

"Why do you care so much!?"

Isabel_QDate: Friday, 07 Mar 14, 3:47 AM | Message # 74
Drunk Valkyrie
Awards: 13
What is this? Why didn't I found this thread before? Mannn, this site is deep!
What else's in here?

YOU GUYS! WE'RE ALL GAMERS TOO?!
hahhahaha

I love FPS and RPG games mostly those kind & anything with zombies. I play from time to time, not really a master of the game.
Though I seldom play now (Valkubus happened, that's why & work (boring..)).
I'm a PS fan too (sorry xbox), played Skyrim, Ratchet & Clank, Infamous 1&2, Uncharted 1&2, Resident Evil, GoW, Crysis 2 & Dead Space... I haven't finished any of these games, since I have a habit of jumping from 1 game to another.

Gave my PS2 to my nephew last year, I used to play Scaler, Spyro, Crash B., there and the Simpsons! (don't judge)
I still have No One Lives Forever in my laptop for nostalgic reasons...

LG eps & games occupies 80% of my ipad capa, games I love to play incl. Infinity blade, Horn, MC, N.O.V.A. Ravensword, Dead Space, Dead Trigger, Resident Evil, the only game I finished was Dungeon Hunter.
I'm fascinated with the vivid realistic looking games, I mean, they're gorgeous!

If I'm waiting for someone, I play puppet war (I love zombies, & zombie puppets are creepy, actually ALL PUPPETS THERE ARE CREEPY WITH THEIR BIG MOUTHS TRYING TO EAT YOU! )

I hope, I didn't sound like a nerd *looking at Lanie*

Added (07 Mar 14, 3:37 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
SlightlyTwisted, I'm scared of you now.

Added (07 Mar 14, 3:47 AM)
---------------------------------------------
I'm hunting to see if I could get Fable 2 or 3, and The Last of Us, the latter seems intense and emotional (reminds me of TWD) tears
Attachments: 1449664.gif (97.2 Kb)

Post edited by Isabel_Q - Friday, 07 Mar 14, 10:30 PM

LanieDate: Friday, 07 Mar 14, 8:23 AM | Message # 75
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
Yeah, you all still sound like nerds to me, but I mean that with as much adoration as possible. wink

Forum » The Dal Riata » The Bar » The Gaming Thread (for all the video game nerds out there)
Search: