Friday, 29 Mar 24, 6:43 AM
Welcome, Guest | RSS
[ New posts · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Valkyrior, Lanie  
Forum » The Dal Riata » The Bar » The Gaming Thread (for all the video game nerds out there)
The Gaming Thread
Fangirl-outletDate: Saturday, 28 Sep 13, 11:41 PM | Message # 46
Your face sucks
Group: Administrators
Awards: 8
We tackled co op, Team Death match, Free for all. Muahahahaha.

"Why do you care so much!?"

Eternal-DustDate: Sunday, 29 Sep 13, 1:44 AM | Message # 47
Food > You
Awards: 11
If you have Uncharted 3, join us!  twisted

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

Fangirl-outletDate: Saturday, 05 Oct 13, 5:27 PM | Message # 48
Your face sucks
I just really want an Uncharted movie. Cry.

SlightlyTwistedDate: Tuesday, 08 Oct 13, 8:13 PM | Message # 49
Rakshasa
Group: Users
Awards: 5
I love games! Haven't played in a while now though, because it's more of a winter activity for me.
Reading through the thread I really want to play Last of Us, but I don't own a ps3. I have a ps2 though, does it come on that?
Or maybe xbox360? I have that too. I could really do with a new game for this winter.

I haven't played that many games, but I just LOVE the Fable series. Played them over and over and over again. They're the reason I had to go out and buy myself an xbox, and a new tv lol
Other games I have played and loved, but that my nerves are waaay to frail now to play again are
- Clock Tower 3
- Silent Hill 2, 3 and The Room
- Project Zero

Great games!

Post edited by SlightlyTwisted - Tuesday, 08 Oct 13, 8:15 PM

Fangirl-outletDate: Tuesday, 08 Oct 13, 9:25 PM | Message # 50
Your face sucks
Quote (SlightlyTwisted)
I have a ps2 though, does it come on that? Or maybe xbox360? I have that too. I could really do with a new game for this winter.

Unfortunately it's only available on the ps3. The graphics are a bit much for both the ps2 and the xbox360, but it's definitely worth at least the watch. Magnificent story.

BreathofLifeDate: Wednesday, 06 Nov 13, 6:36 AM | Message # 51
Bounty Hunter
Awards: 4
Okay, this is cool...I didn't think I'd find gamers on here!

Quote Fangirl-outlet ()
I just really want an Uncharted movie. Cry.

I would kill for an Uncharted movie but I think they'd definitely have to use the same actors that do the games cause it'd just be wrong otherwise! I've heard about one being organised but who knows what's true and what's false, I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
Reading through the thread I really want to play Last of Us, but I don't own a ps3.

I gotta say you are missing out on an amazing game although you could watch it through on YT, I've honestly never had a game before that's made me want to sob in the first 10 minutes. The story is beyond amazing, not unique but very well told and even the multiplayer is very good.

Beyond Two Souls is also a really good game if you like playing them for their stories and it's different to most games.

Post edited by BreathofLife - Wednesday, 06 Nov 13, 9:50 AM

SlightlyTwistedDate: Wednesday, 06 Nov 13, 9:25 AM | Message # 52
Rakshasa
Quote BreathofLife ()
you could watch it through on YT

I have watched the first part on youtube, but never got any further. Didn't find it that captivating after all. Maybe my expectations were too high, and it wasn't able to live up to it. I was waiting for the sad parts, but except for the kid dying, there wasn't anything to really stir my emotions either way.

I'll check out Beyond Two Souls though, to see what kind of game that is smile

My most preferred games are rpg though.

BreathofLifeDate: Wednesday, 06 Nov 13, 9:47 AM | Message # 53
Bounty Hunter
Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
I have watched the first part on youtube, but never got any further. Didn't find it that captivating after all. Maybe my expectations were too high, and it wasn't able to live up to it. I was waiting for the sad parts, but except for the kid dying, there wasn't anything to really stir my emotions either way.I'll check out Beyond Two Souls though, to see what kind of game that is smile.

My most preferred games are rpg though.

Fair enough although if you didn't find TLOU that great, you most probably won't like Beyond Two Souls but I guess it's worth a try  smile
I haven't played many rpgs, I've played some of the Fallout games but didn't really enjoy them and that's the only ones I've really tried...any suggestions on some good ones? I always need some new games.

SHCDate: Wednesday, 06 Nov 13, 11:35 AM | Message # 54
Bounty Hunter
Awards: 10
Quote BreathofLife ()
I would kill for an Uncharted movie but I think they'd definitely have to use the same actors that do the games cause it'd just be wrong otherwise! I've heard about one being organised but who knows what's true and what's false, I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

Do you play Uncharted online? the girls have a clan [Valk]you are welcome to join them!

Fangirl-outletDate: Wednesday, 06 Nov 13, 7:05 PM | Message # 55
Your face sucks
Quote BreathofLife ()

There have been talks of a film for a few years now, but I'm concerned about the casting. I'm not sure about the original cast. Nolan North is a beautiful man with a wonderful voice, but he's aged beyond the part. Emily Rose (Elena) is the only person I think truly fit to play her role in the movie. Erara and I have worked out our dream cast for the films, and it makes me all excited to think about it (though it's likely to never happen. Cry.):
-Nathan Drake :: Gerard Butler (though he'd have to work on his voice -- he mostly just looks the part)
-Elena Fisher :: Emily Rose
-Chloe Frazer :: Jaime Murray
-Victor (Goddamn) Sullivan :: Bruce Campbell

Anywho, last I heard, the directors for the first movie kept falling out, so nothing's really been set yet. :/ Hopefully they get their shit together, that would make one epic movie. If they can't do live action, then just get the animation crew and original voice actors to act out the entire film in MOCAP animation. tongue

Quote SheHadACorpse ()
Do you play Uncharted online? the girls have a clan [Valk]you are welcome to join them!

We play Uncharted 3 online. If you're going to join, go check out the flashback maps (they're free to download if you don't already have them -- game of the year does have them [K!].) You can play without them, but I have a feeling we'll start to play on them more in the days to come. We're up to pretty much any game play, and like to both massacre each other and play as a team. So, join in if you'd like. If you want to touch base, my psnID is: Available to users only
And, like Jo said, our clan name is [Valk]. biggrin We need moar frienndds.

SlightlyTwistedDate: Thursday, 07 Nov 13, 0:41 AM | Message # 56
Rakshasa
Quote BreathofLife ()
any suggestions on some good ones? I always need some new games.

I've mostly enjoyed Fable 2 & 3. The first one is good as well, but the gameplay is a bit different than the other two, and was difficult to get into after having played the others first. 

I'm always looking for games more like Fable, but have been unsuccessful so far. Tried Oblivion and other rpg's like that f.ex and was hugely disappointed, though others find those game very good. I'm just not that advanced of a gamer I guess, but I enjoy the aspect of the world around me reacting to my choices. Evil vs. good and such. Plus buying and upgrading houses and having husbands and kids in every town, lol!

Eternal-DustDate: Thursday, 07 Nov 13, 3:00 AM | Message # 57
Food > You
Quote BreathofLife ()
I haven't played many rpgs, I've played some of the Fallout games but didn't really enjoy them and that's the only ones I've really tried...any suggestions on some good ones? I always need some new games.

You should definitely try out some games by BioWare: Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Jade Empire, and Knights of the Old Republic -- those are my personal faves. And there's Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Deus Ex: Human Revolution also has some RPG qualities. Dragon's Dogma and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. As you can tell, I'm a western RPG nut :P

BreathofLifeDate: Thursday, 07 Nov 13, 5:25 AM | Message # 58
Bounty Hunter
Quote Fangirl-outlet ()
-Nathan Drake :: Gerard Butler (though he'd have to work on his voice -- he mostly just looks the part)-Elena Fisher :: Emily Rose
-Chloe Frazer :: Jaime Murray
-Victor (Goddamn) Sullivan :: Bruce Campbell

That's actually a really good cast choice, as you said, no one could play Elena other than Emily. She's already said she'd be happy to do it. I asked her about an Uncharted 4 at London but she wasn't giving anything away, just the 'we shall see' business. A lot of people are saying Nathan Fillion should play Drake but I think I'd prefer your choice. The MOCAP idea would also be a good idea if they can't sort themselves out.
Quote Fangirl-outlet ()
We play Uncharted 3 online. If you're going to join, go check out the flashback maps (they're free to download if you don't already have them -- game of the year does have them [K!].) You can play without them, but I have a feeling we'll start to play on them more in the days to come. We're up to pretty much any game play, and like to both massacre each other and play as a team. So, join in if you'd like. If you want to touch base, my psnID is: ZetsuraAnd, like Jo said, our clan name is [Valk]. biggrin We need moar frienndds.

I used to play it ages ago but I stopped cause I could never find a game and thought that not many people played it anymore. Thanks for offering, I may take you up on it some time in the future! I need people to play with and of course you have an awesome clan name  biggrin
Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
I've mostly enjoyed Fable 2 & 3

I've heard a lot about them, I'll have to give them a try and see if I like them smile
Quote Eternal-Dust ()
BioWare: Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Jade Empire, and Knights of the Old Republic -- those are my personal faves. And there's Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Deus Ex: Human Revolution also has some RPG qualities. Dragon's Dogma and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

I've played the Mass Effect trilogy, I think the first one was the best though. They're some of my favourite games and thanks for the other suggestions, I'll have to give some of them a try. Oh really? I never would've guessed you were a western RPG nut lol

Eternal-DustDate: Thursday, 07 Nov 13, 10:21 PM | Message # 59
Food > You
Quote BreathofLife ()
I've played the Mass Effect trilogy, I think the first one was the best though. They're some of my favourite games and thanks for the other suggestions, I'll have to give some of them a try.

I like you already biggrin ME1 is the only game I even acknowledge in the series. Don't get me started on the other ones lol.

BreathofLifeDate: Sunday, 10 Nov 13, 2:08 PM | Message # 60
Bounty Hunter
Quote Eternal-Dust ()
I like you already biggrin ME1 is the only game I even acknowledge in the series. Don't get me started on the other ones lol.

Well, I like you already too! tongue I'm glad you think the same considering most people I talk to love ME3, ugh I won't cause then I'd start too and go on and on about it haha.

Forum » The Dal Riata » The Bar » The Gaming Thread (for all the video game nerds out there)
Search: