[ New posts · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Valkyrior, Lanie  
Forum » Lost Girl » Lost Girl General Discussion » Fanfiction
Fanfiction
CherriiDate: Monday, 14 Oct 13, 11:20 AM | Message # 31
Squonk
Group: Users
Awards: 1
I can't handle the suspense of reading WIP. There's always that threat hanging over my head saying "they're never going to finish meeeeee" and then I get depressed. Especially when the fic is SO GOOD and it gets abandoned. sad

I have made my first forays into Tamsin-fic in the last couple days, and thus far haven't been disappointed. I like the big, lengthy fics that take some time to get through, and I've found a couple that were really good. Satisfying, as it were. Still plenty to get through though! 

Do you guys use mostly fanfiction.net or AO3?

"The world was on fire and no one could save me but you.
It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
I never dreamed that I'd meet somebody like you."

Eternal-DustDate: Monday, 14 Oct 13, 3:36 PM | Message # 32
Food > You
Group: Administrators
Awards: 11
Well, if it means anything, Falala and I started writing last night.

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

LanieDate: Monday, 14 Oct 13, 3:39 PM | Message # 33
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
^^ My gosh, finally! happy

I use both, but I prefer ff.net. It's a bit embarrassing, but so far I've read every TamTam ff. baby
Available to users only

Post edited by Lanie - Monday, 14 Oct 13, 3:40 PM

Eternal-DustDate: Monday, 14 Oct 13, 3:47 PM | Message # 34
Food > You
Available to users only

CherriiDate: Monday, 14 Oct 13, 6:33 PM | Message # 35
Squonk
I get a little lost in the portmanteaux sometimes... copdoc? Please tell me that's not Dyson/Lauren. Or Tamsin/Lauren. Because as on the fence as I've been about the merits of Doccubus vs Valkubus, I don't think I could get down with either of those. 

All I've read is Tamsin/Bo recently, though I ventured into Bo/Lauren a little bit a while back. 

I read the "New Territory" one you guys mentioned and I really liked it. It kinda leaves you in the lurch as far as what happens with Lauren and everyone else once they get back to the real world, but overall, it's really well-written and entirely plausible. 

I also really liked "The Distance Between Us". It was also quite well-written, and addressed a few more of those "back to real life" issues that the first fic didn't cover so much. I think, thus far, that those two are tied as my favorites. 

The other one I've read all the way through was called "Choices" and it was also good, but maybe had a little too much Lauren-lovin' for a Tamsin-fic. (I didn't read the first of the two ending options; only the last one.)

I'm just waiting to find a good LG fic that gives Kenzi some love and doesn't just foist her off on Dyson or Hale. Like, I don't really ship her with Bo (that's definitely a bromance area), but I dunno... I think she deserves better than either of those two. I just don't know who to ship her with.

Eternal-DustDate: Tuesday, 15 Oct 13, 1:15 PM | Message # 36
Food > You
Copdoc is Tamsin/Lauren.

Fangirl-outletDate: Tuesday, 15 Oct 13, 6:06 PM | Message # 37
Your face sucks
Awards: 8
Quote Cherrii ()
Do you guys use mostly fanfiction.net or AO3?
 Fanfiction.net (FF).

Quote Eternal-Dust ()
Well, if it means anything, Falala and I started writing last night.
A teensy bit, yeah. biggrin
Quote Cherrii ()
I'm just waiting to find a good LG fic that gives Kenzi some love and doesn't just foist her off on Dyson or Hale. Like, I don't really ship her with Bo (that's definitely a bromance area), but I dunno... I think she deserves better than either of those two. I just don't know who to ship her with.

I actually don't mind Kenzi with Dyson. It'd have to be an evolution of sorts, but they could work. Dyson is actually pretty awesome boyfriend material, he just really didn't work for Bo because his hero-complex clashed greatly with hers. Not that Kenzi isn't a hero, but she isn't the hero, and wouldn't mind nearly as much if Dyson were to save her day every once in a while. They could do well together, and they'd be hella cute, though I love them as bros too.

"Why do you care so much!?"

CherriiDate: Wednesday, 16 Oct 13, 11:02 PM | Message # 38
Squonk
Quote Fangirl-outlet ()
I actually don't mind Kenzi with Dyson. It'd have to be an evolution of sorts, but they could work. Dyson is actually pretty awesome boyfriend material, he just really didn't work for Bo because his hero-complex clashed greatly with hers. Not that Kenzi isn't a hero, but she isn't the hero, and wouldn't mind nearly as much if Dyson were to save her day every once in a while. They could do well together, and they'd be hella cute, though I love them as bros too.

Oh, I love Dyson and I think he does make excellent boytoy material. I just don't see him with Kenzi. I like her with Hale a lot more than with Dyson, but I don't know. I'm a weird shipper. I mean, I have weird ships sometimes. It makes it harder for me to like the more mainstream ships.

Fangirl-outletDate: Wednesday, 16 Oct 13, 11:32 PM | Message # 39
Your face sucks
Awards: 8
Quote Cherrii ()
Oh, I love Dyson and I think he does make excellent boytoy material. I just don't see him with Kenzi. I like her with Hale a lot more than with Dyson, but I don't know. I'm a weird shipper. I mean, I have weird ships sometimes. It makes it harder for me to like the more mainstream ships.

I think Kenzi and Hale are fairly mainstream still, but since Dyson's prospects with Bo have been dwindling, it seems that everyone has begun to search for an object for him to move on with. That object being Kenzi. I love both the idea of Denzi the brotp and Denzi the otp, and I wouldn't hate Kenzi/Hale, but Hale's been so background lately that it's hardly on my mind. 

If I were to choose someone worthy of being with Kenzi, though, I'm not sure I could accept anyone from outside the circle.

"Why do you care so much!?"

CherriiDate: Thursday, 17 Oct 13, 5:16 AM | Message # 40
Squonk
Quote Fangirl-outlet ()
I think Kenzi and Hale are fairly mainstream still, [...] and I wouldn't hate Kenzi/Hale, but Hale's been so background lately that it's hardly on my mind.  If I were to choose someone worthy of being with Kenzi, though, I'm not sure I could accept anyone from outside the circle.

Well, tbh, I do have a ship for her, but it's sooooo weird, I hate to even mention it. Like, people would look at me very strangely. And it's the one I was referring to when I said I have weird ships. You're right about Kenzi/Hale being more mainstream. It was so close to being canon, lol, but they just never went through with it.

I just have a horrible history with my whacked-out weird ships that nobody else digs. ...I'm just going back to my little corner over here by myself where I don't bother anyone. >.>

(Yay Valkubus? haha)

UberFaenaticDate: Tuesday, 19 Nov 13, 3:02 PM | Message # 41
Rakshasa
Awards: 6
I realized I was going seriously OT on the Sleeping Beauty School thread...sorry guys!...so I figured I'd post stuff here instead.  You know, in the actual fan fiction section. wink

So, long story short, I've been writing my first story and it's been going swimmingly.  I had the idea a few days prior to the season premiere and I've been pounding it out like it was writing itself and I was only along for the ride.  Thing is, real world has intruded on my fun time and I have a design emergency for one new project and a coding emergency for another so I don't think I'll have the last section finished as quickly as I hoped.

So if it's okay, I figured I'd post a few chapters here to see if you like it and then post a few more chapters in a day or so.  And hopefully by the time I get ready to post the finale, I'll have finished Chapter 22 and the epilog.  smile

BTW...thank you to everyone who expressed interest! I hope my story doesn't...well, suck. wink

The story is called: Asunder 

The premise:  When Bo's Dawning ends catastrophically, the most improbable member of the gang travels to the unlikeliest of places in search of the only person capable of helping make things right again.

http://creativegeek.us/lostgir....1-5.rtf

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

Post edited by UberFaenatic - Tuesday, 19 Nov 13, 3:13 PM

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Tuesday, 19 Nov 13, 3:45 PM | Message # 42
Kitsune
Awards: 5
OMG this is GOOD, like fanfiction.net/archivesofourown good, even better than most of the stuff posted there.
Seriously, you got the characters spot on, you got original storyline, i read it on one breath
And i CAN'T WAIT to read more

UberFaenaticDate: Tuesday, 19 Nov 13, 4:47 PM | Message # 43
Rakshasa
Awards: 6
Wow..thank you so much, VLC!  Very kind of you and I'm glad you're enjoying it.

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Tuesday, 19 Nov 13, 4:51 PM | Message # 44
Kitsune
Awards: 5
Seriously post it on Fanfiction.net or elsewhere. People must read

Eternal-DustDate: Tuesday, 19 Nov 13, 5:41 PM | Message # 45
Food > You
I loved it! There were a few spelling errors, but on the whole everything looks tight. It was a quick read for me (hallelujah). There are some fics out there that are a drag to get through. I definitely think you should publish it. Also give us the rest of the chapters. Pronto. I need something to tide me over for the rest of the week. smile

Forum » Lost Girl » Lost Girl General Discussion » Fanfiction
Search: