Forum moderator: Lanie, Valkyrior  
Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep. 4x08 "Groundhog Fae"
Ep. 4x08 "Groundhog Fae"
Fangirl-outletDate: Monday, 30 Dec 13, 10:42 PM | Message # 61
Your face sucks
Group: Administrators
Awards: 8
Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
I hate poor excuses like this one. But I guess it's a small thing, and nothing to to get myself too caught up in, after this gift of an episode :P
Though they did make it seem like Tamsin was rather upset about it. It was weak, but they tried to back it up. Meh.

"Why do you care so much!?"

Isabel_QDate: Monday, 30 Dec 13, 11:22 PM | Message # 62
Drunk Valkyrie
Group: Users
Awards: 13
TVG: “That thing would have done anything to claim his ideal mate, even if it meant creating her himself.” How come Bo did not react more strongly to that incest-implying statement? I mean, that does bring a whole new layer of creepiness to The Wanderer’s creeper father façade.
EA: It sure does! I suspect Bo-bo has not really digested the entirety of Tamsin’s story, to be sure.

IMO, This is beyond creepy! Sick!
Remember the crown?, is the wanderer looking for Bo to make her queen? I always thought he wanted her to be his right hand, his princess of darkness of some sorts... I didn't see that coming... did you?

Fangirl-outletDate: Monday, 30 Dec 13, 11:33 PM | Message # 63
Your face sucks
Quote Isabel_Q ()
Remember the crown?, is the wanderer looking for Bo to make her queen? I always thought he wanted her to be his right hand, his princess of darkness of some sorts... I didn't see that coming... did you?
No, but it's a nice, creepy twist. I'm glad they're going the "Wanderer is evil" route. It makes the stakes high, and puts a shit ton of weight behind Tamsin's choosing Bo over him.

Isabel_QDate: Tuesday, 31 Dec 13, 0:38 AM | Message # 64
Drunk Valkyrie
Quote Fangirl-outlet ()
I'm glad they're going the "Wanderer is evil" route. It makes the stakes high, and puts a shit ton of weight behind Tamsin's choosing Bo over him.
Me too!  happy , It would be fun if he's a baddie, than a boring good fellow.
But, how dare he! What a perve!
I'm sooo looking forward to see Valkubus kick his sorry ass!

I'm still high on the "I got you" scene.
Falala did you catch Tamsin watching Bo sleep? (car) The Valkyrie is sooo whipped!

Added (31 Dec 13, 0:04 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Quote BreathofLife ()
Quote DakaraJayne ()I will NEVER be over this episode!

Same! I'll be forever watching it
Me tooo! OH GOD! It's like a dream come true!

Added (31 Dec 13, 0:38 AM)
Quote Neffititi ()
Again, Tamsin could have stayed with Bo in the car, yet she didn't  although, nice one-shot fanfic opportunity there
Oh Goddess of Valkubus fanfic, can you write one please?

Post edited by Isabel_Q - Tuesday, 31 Dec 13, 4:20 AM

UberFaenaticDate: Tuesday, 31 Dec 13, 11:02 PM | Message # 65
Rakshasa
Awards: 6
I think during the repeats, they went as far as they wanted to because there was no strings and no pressure.  So it was more than kissing but I doubt a full on valkubang. wink Frankly I took this episode as a gift and enjoyed those scenes for what they were.  And one thing they were was an acknowledgement that both of them are attracted to the other and for Tamsin, she has genuine feelings that Bo only barely recognizes.  So far.

Oh and yet again, we have a show not tell.  Lauren and Dyson are deciding what to do with Bo's property and who loves her more, etc. and Tamsin is in the thick of things, betting on Bo, backing her up and being taken in Bo's place to protect her. 

Bo still has a lot of crap to go through and notice that Tamsin isn't pressing.  I truly believe she feels she doesn't rank in Bo's opinions or affections anyway so I expect if we get anything, it'll be a nice build as opposed to wham bam.

And honestly that's what I'm wanting.

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

NeffititiDate: Wednesday, 01 Jan 14, 2:37 AM | Message # 66
Squonk
Awards: 1
Quote Isabel_Q ()
Oh Goddess of Valkubus fanfic, can you write one please?
Oh gosh I have too many stories going on right now..
But if I have a good idea of how things would go later that night, I will...

Fangirl-outletDate: Wednesday, 01 Jan 14, 2:51 PM | Message # 67
Your face sucks
Quote UberFaenatic ()
I think during the repeats, they went as far as they wanted to because there was no strings and no pressure.  So it was more than kissing but I doubt a full on valkubang. Frankly I took this episode as a gift and enjoyed those scenes for what they were.  And one thing they were was an acknowledgement that both of them are attracted to the other and for Tamsin, she has genuine feelings that Bo only barely recognizes.  So far. Oh and yet again, we have a show not tell.  Lauren and Dyson are deciding what to do with Bo's property and who loves her more, etc. and Tamsin is in the thick of things, betting on Bo, backing her up and being taken in Bo's place to protect her. 

Bo still has a lot of crap to go through and notice that Tamsin isn't pressing.  I truly believe she feels she doesn't rank in Bo's opinions or affections anyway so I expect if we get anything, it'll be a nice build as opposed to wham bam.

And honestly that's what I'm wanting.
My greatest fear is that Bo, as she always has been, will continue to be dragged down by the triangle, and leave Tamsin alone to her love. Or, even worse, she'll string Tamsin along. The episode was great for valkubus in that Tamsin's feelings are now completely canon, but how Bo will take them, or how they will play out, is still up in the air. It just makes me nervous that she has so much power over Tamsin, but Tamsin so little over her.

mystupidtricksDate: Thursday, 02 Jan 14, 0:45 AM | Message # 68
Baby Fae
Awards: 0
I do appreciate the fact that Tamsin is at least aware that Bo doesn't have those deep feelings for her (yet, hopefully) and still doesn't expect anything from her. She didn't expect Bo to forgive her, she didn't ask her to, but she just had to put it out there. It would be great for Bo to have a BFF -Best Fae Friend like Kenzi is her human bff and I think Tamsin could be that person, who will have her back and stand by her through thick and thin without feeling the need to compete with Dyson and Lauren.  Plus like Vex she's pretty straight forward/ cut to the chase - which I like, and I think they're exactly the kind of friends Bo needs right now.

Dyson and Lauren's relationships with Bo were about romantic and sexual attraction right from the beginning. There was no real friendship built up which I think is one of the reasons why the lying thing happens so often and their relationships are so dysfunctional. IMO Dyson is more open to Kenzi and Hale because of the friendship they've built (whereas Lauren seems like the type to open up to strangers about her feelings bc she can't be hurt by their judgement and they have no knowledge of her life otherwise- but that's just my headcanon).

Building a friendship with Tamsin prior to a (possible) romance is very appealing to me in that if it fails, I think they could go back to being just friends. Bo doesn't really know what to do with Lauren or Dyson because they've never just been her friends and she can't bear the thought of losing one of them from making a choice tbh. If she could have both she would. I think the writers making Lauren and Dyson friends was a smart move. It leaves room for there to be less awkwardness when the triangle ends and if Bo picks one or neither of them.

What stood out to me this episode - also adding in the tub scene from 3x12 - is that Tamsin thought that someone like Bo couldn't possibly exist. Not only because those characteristics were so contradictory, but because to her those contradictions described a perfect person. A person she would love? Perhaps. For all her faults, to her Bo is perfect.  Whereas Dyson and Lauren try to fix or subdue or protect her from her faults out of a place of love but also kind of selfishly. I do think Lauren truly loves Bo bc at this point I think she's more willing to let her go than Dyson who is still clinging to the belief that she is his one and only true love.

I'm sorry this is so long redface hope it made sense

nerdmuseumDate: Thursday, 02 Jan 14, 6:30 AM | Message # 69
Squonk
mystupidtricks great post. It makes sense to me. The truth is they're a great pair. Whenever they get "stuck" together there's great compatibility despite their differences. They click, especially because they respect each other.

Isabel_QDate: Thursday, 02 Jan 14, 7:31 AM | Message # 70
Drunk Valkyrie
mystupidtricks, you go girl!  woowoo

Just a comment, in this ep., by putting her heart out there, shes opens herself up for a heartbreak.
It would be impossible not to be hurt if for ie. she saw Bo jumping the wolf or Lauren again.
I love that Tamsin's love for Bo is unconditional, that she understands that shes a succubus and accepts her wholeheartedly, I am just not fine if Bo uses her and strung her along. 

I'm Valkubus all the way, I just don't want Tamsin to get hurt  tears

Added (02 Jan 14, 7:31 AM)

Quote Neffititi ()
Oh gosh I have too many stories going on right now.. But if I have a good idea of how things would go later that night, I will...
It's ok Neff, just keep updating By Your Side, my fav!
And I'm looking forward to the wine cellar sexy times In Once Again he he

SirGladiatorDate: Thursday, 02 Jan 14, 11:47 PM | Message # 71
Squonk
This was without a doubt the best episode of the entire series.  I think it's pretty safe to say that Bo feels the same way about Tamsin that Tamsin does about Bo, it's just that they're finally starting to realize how the other feels about them.  Last season it was obvious to the rest of us that Tamsin loved Bo, but it wasn't obvious to Bo until the very end of the season, because she thought Tamsin was just trying to trick her into letting her guard down.  This season Bo had no way of knowing that Tamsin would still feel the same way she did then, until the first kiss of E8.  But I think after everything that happened in E8, they each have a pretty good idea of how much the other loves them (though Tamsin still might not 100% realize how much Bo loves her, and we know that Bo doesn't yet know the full depths of Tamsin's love for her, since she doesn't know about her dying for her, or about Acacia's hand, etc.) .  Remember after their kiss last season Bo had 'a lot to think about' and couldn't talk to Kenzi about it, despite her repeated efforts to get her to.  Now that they've kissed repeatedly (and possibly done more, depending on your interpretation of the third kissing scene) Bo once again had to be alone to think things over.  This time she will come to a very different conclusion about Tamsin and her feelings for her, since there's no longer any reason to doubt Tamsin's feelings, or hold her own in anymore.  That will likely be helped along by Bo finally learning some of those secrets she still doesn't know about what Tamsin has gone through for her, and once she knows the true depth of Tamsin's love for her, she will finally share her own feelings in return, and they will each finally know how deeply in love they are with each other.  It's a process, and a very fun and awesome one smile .

Post edited by SirGladiator - Thursday, 02 Jan 14, 11:50 PM

acejihyoDate: Thursday, 02 Jan 14, 11:49 PM | Message # 72
Baby Fae
just dropping by to mention how ridiculously pleased i was with this episode. all the awards for dem gratuitous valkubus scenes.

Isabel_QDate: Sunday, 05 Jan 14, 10:48 PM | Message # 73
Drunk Valkyrie
I will never get tired of watching this ep., when Valkubus finally happens, I will watch this ep again and reminisce that their first real kiss happened here. I meant real, bcoz they both know what they're doing, no enchantments, no feeding etc., they just wanted to kiss...
It will always put a smile on my face and warmth in my heart.
It's worth waiting for.

Added (03 Jan 14, 0:16 AM)
That scene where Jeffrey took Tamsin and Bo teared up worried and said - "Life continues...without Tamsin.", I got the feels... I mean, I'm okay with this saving each other relationship that they have.

Added (03 Jan 14, 0:24 AM)
I mean, I hope more from Bo, but not until she sort out her feelings.
Ok, she can love all 3 of them, but "in love" to only one right?.. I mean Kenzi should ask her who she wants to wake up with everyday and for eternity? I sooo wanted this triangle/square to be over, and maybe for Valkubus to happen or Tamsin to move on, but I have this feeling that Tamsin will  never be over Bo.

Added (05 Jan 14, 10:48 PM)
What was Tamsin thinking when she kissed Bo the first time?
She thought Bo wouldn't remember the kiss right?...

Fangirl-outletDate: Sunday, 05 Jan 14, 11:44 PM | Message # 74
Your face sucks
Quote Isabel_Q ()
What was Tamsin thinking when she kissed Bo the first time? She thought Bo wouldn't remember the kiss right?...
I feel like it was a continuation of season three Tamsin. So, if we took Tamsin at the end of season three, then put her in this episode, that's what would happen. All of the emotion from her last moments with Bo were probably eating away at her, so, thinking that it didn't mean anything and that Bo would forget, she just went for it. SIGH.

Isabel_QDate: Monday, 06 Jan 14, 4:54 AM | Message # 75
Drunk Valkyrie
Quote Fangirl-outlet ()
I feel like it was a continuation of season three Tamsin. So, if we took Tamsin at the end of season three, then put her in this episode, that's what would happen. All of the emotion from her last moments with Bo were probably eating away at her, so, thinking that it didn't mean anything and that Bo would forget, she just went for it. SIGH.
What do you mean by "so, thinking that it didn't mean anything"?
Do you mean the kiss??!!  sad

For me, I felt like it was a,  I'm happy you are alright kiss, Tamsin wants to assure herself that Bo is real/well, but she didn't want Bo to know her feelings yet, I think, that's why she did it that time when they're in the loop hoping Bo will not remember and using that as a shield she decided to let go of her feelings and just kiss her, putting all her feelings on that kiss.

We discussed about this before, how  we are going to be pissed if the writer's cheats and would not show how Tamsin regains her memories and how she deals with it coming back.
Are we still pissed or we're still high on the Valkubus treats we got and we just decided to forgive them?

Added (06 Jan 14, 4:01 AM)
Do you think we will still get some Valkubus moments?
B'coz we saw the wolf sexing Bo-
the doc sexing Bo-
how about the Valkyrie sexing Bo?

I still think it will happen (based on the UK interview, when RS was embarrassed when they're talking about sex scenes/sex positions), and I have no doubt now that Tamsin will be sexing Bo and no one else , its  been settled when she said to Bo "if they make me into lollipop, I want you to have the first lick", It just confirms that Bo's her first choice and the one and only. (This is all IMO though).

Added (06 Jan 14, 4:54 AM)
How awesome is the "Juice Me" line?
Will we ever hear it again?

Post edited by Isabel_Q - Monday, 06 Jan 14, 3:48 AM

Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep. 4x08 "Groundhog Fae"
Search: