Forum moderator: Lanie, Valkyrior  
Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep. 4x06 "Of All the Gin Joints"
Ep. 4x06 "Of All the Gin Joints"
mystupidtricksDate: Monday, 16 Dec 13, 7:05 PM | Message # 31
Baby Fae
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Quote acejihyo ()
YES. Because let's face it, Kenzi is the only person who gives a rat's ass about Tamsin right now.
They could have paired her with Bo or Dyson instead but her with Kenzi is a nice callback to season 3 and her asking Bo "What's so great about Kenzi anyway?". Also Kenzi being that motherly figure for her instead of Bo, leaves room for her to be romantically involved with Bo if/whenever that time comes.

UberFaenaticDate: Monday, 16 Dec 13, 9:18 PM | Message # 32
Rakshasa
Awards: 6
Quote mystupidtricks ()
This is the most lost I've ever seen her.
Yes.  That's it exactly. She's lost and flailing.  Her first reaction is fight rather than persuade.  She's so caught up in her own issues, she's barely aware of life outside her problems.  And she's using Dyson to bang away her anger, frustration and sense of helplessness.

Hi, btw! smile

Added (16 Dec 13, 9:18 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote mystupidtricks ()
Also Kenzi being that motherly figure for her instead of Bo, leaves room for her to be romantically involved with Bo if/whenever that time comes.
Right.  This exactly is why I'm glad Bo is not paying much attention to child Tamsin.  I don't want Bo to develop maternal feelings for her. lol  But Kenzi is already the mama hen so she fits as being the caregiver.

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

Isabel_QDate: Monday, 16 Dec 13, 10:51 PM | Message # 33
Drunk Valkyrie
Awards: 13
Quote UberFaenatic ()
I'm totally on board with Levony.  Or Lorrigan. Or whatever.  I was like, what? at first...but they have real chemistry.
MB, how could you? 
LOL, I prefer the Morrigan eats her!

Eternal-DustDate: Monday, 16 Dec 13, 11:09 PM | Message # 34
Food > You
Group: Administrators
Awards: 11
Available to users only

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

UberFaenaticDate: Monday, 16 Dec 13, 11:55 PM | Message # 35
Rakshasa
She's a STAR TREK FAN!  

That makes up for all the crap she's done.

EVER.

joy

Although she didn't mention DS9.  So Evony is free to burn her, but just a little bit.  chainsaw

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

acejihyoDate: Monday, 16 Dec 13, 11:57 PM | Message # 36
Baby Fae
It probably helps that Kenzi is the most consistent character out of the bunch (considering the writing). As much as Bo likes to tout her so-called human-ness, she doesn't even compare to Kenzi in terms of humanity.

I'm also so on the Levony ship. And since Bo's being a little prick atm, I'd rather just see Kenzi/Tamsin brotp it out instead.

Post edited by acejihyo - Monday, 16 Dec 13, 11:58 PM

Isabel_QDate: Tuesday, 17 Dec 13, 0:20 AM | Message # 37
Drunk Valkyrie
UberFaenatic, It doesn't.
Available to users only

Post edited by Isabel_Q - Tuesday, 17 Dec 13, 1:37 AM

tankedtamsinDate: Tuesday, 17 Dec 13, 0:49 AM | Message # 38
Spriggan
I really did not like Bo's story but surprisingly got into Lauren's and Evony's story. It seems they are both trying to outwit each other but for what purpose? I hope the next episode has the return of Tamsin.

Isabel_QDate: Tuesday, 17 Dec 13, 2:50 AM | Message # 39
Drunk Valkyrie
Available to users only

Added (17 Dec 13, 2:50 AM)

When AS said that in S4 everything will be turned upside down, I didn't think her character would become a pathetic, sex maniac, self-centered jerk.
or that it will go 6 or god knows how many more episodes before she snap out of it and rights herself...

Post edited by Isabel_Q - Tuesday, 17 Dec 13, 4:08 AM

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Tuesday, 17 Dec 13, 3:41 AM | Message # 40
Kitsune
Awards: 5
I'm sorry but i don't get all the Star Trek gist lol (dont kill me)
Available to users only

Added (17 Dec 13, 3:41 AM)
but no need to frat about it as everyone's OOC this season. The only character that can get away with it is Tamsin as she was literally rebooted.

Isabel_QDate: Tuesday, 17 Dec 13, 4:57 AM | Message # 41
Drunk Valkyrie
Quote ValkyrieLiquorCabinet ()
I'm sorry but i don't get all the Star Trek gist lol (dont kill me)
You're not gonna be killed, you're clearly on the 1%.
I just see writers trying hard to prop her after 3 seasons of fail. (IMO EA is biased as Doccubus is her dear baby) Yeah, she is more likeable
when she isn't miserable but I'm really sorry to say this and I never thought i
would say this but her face on screen starts to annoy me LOL how suddenly Lauren is this cool awesome chick, i just don't buy it.
yes
I'm not buying it either.
Available to users only

Added (17 Dec 13, 4:57 AM)
but no need to frat about it as everyone's OOC this season. The only character that can get away with it is Tamsin as she was literally rebooted.
But Jav, it's already ep.7, how long can they stay OOC? I'm getting M.A.D.

Post edited by Isabel_Q - Tuesday, 17 Dec 13, 4:58 AM

UberFaenaticDate: Tuesday, 17 Dec 13, 6:23 AM | Message # 42
Rakshasa
Don't worry, Isabel. I'm not going pod person on you.  I'm being facetious about it making up for all her sins lol. smile I'm just trying to find things I enjoy while I don't have my girls on screen together.

And honestly, I see more Zoie and Emanuelle than I Lauren and Evony...because Zoie is just funny and Emanuelle is almost biting her lip trying not to laugh at her talking about her prized Star Trek collection. lol

But then Zoie is funny and sweet.  I was listening to her talk about Rachel and how much she likes her and thinks she's a fantastic addition to the show so I *heart* her, even though I'm not all that excited about the character she plays. smile

Isabel_QDate: Tuesday, 17 Dec 13, 7:28 AM | Message # 43
Drunk Valkyrie
MB, I'm just scared that you're falling for the tricks that the writers are trying to pull off.
I saw a gif of the scene and I can say that they do have chemistry.
But, EV will have chemistry with anyone, bcoz she is SEX walking in 2 legs. The epitome of bad girl/evil seductress. It's exciting to be with an evil/hot/dangerous/powerful fae like her.

But, Lauren is the one who initiated the kiss, bcoz?  she want to thank her?, she's grateful?, IMO, the kiss is not necessary, a hug will suffice and will feel more heart felt thank you (to me), in return, Evony might feel the warmth of sincere appreciation from the gracious offer.

So, the writers instead of making it a heart felt moment for Lauren, made it a lust felt moment. lol
I don't know if I make sense or what...

Available to users only

Added (17 Dec 13, 7:28 AM)
Btw, what an early riser you are!
Or did you even sleep?
I'm hungry and signing off.
Have a good day MB and everyone!

Post edited by Isabel_Q - Tuesday, 17 Dec 13, 7:37 AM

UberFaenaticDate: Tuesday, 17 Dec 13, 9:12 AM | Message # 44
Rakshasa
Haha...no I'm not falling for it. Promise! 

This scene was different from the one she did with Bo where Bo was hitting on her. That was more comedic.  This was more serious and almost ... real?  I guess is the best way to put it.  So I do want to see what game they're playing with each other.

It's fun to speculate since we don't have anything we want happening yet.

Oh except for that crown.  I really want to know about the crown.

Added (17 Dec 13, 9:12 AM)
Whoops! Forgot to reply to your question. biggrin I crashed super early last night and believe it or not, woke at 2.  I've been up since then working like a banshee, migrating websites to my new VPS account, working up a proposal for a new website...following up with logo art requests...etc.  Fun times! biggrin

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Tuesday, 17 Dec 13, 9:32 AM | Message # 45
Kitsune
Awards: 5
Hey Isabel, you can't really decide the purpose of the kiss simply by looking at gifs lol
In the end Lauren takes off some sort of layer from her lips and puts it in petri dish, apparently she kissed her because she wanted a saliva sample or something. so dun dun dun, there is secret agenda, imo on both sides

Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep. 4x06 "Of All the Gin Joints"
Search: