[ New posts · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Lanie, Valkyrior  
Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep. 4x06 "Of All the Gin Joints"
Ep. 4x06 "Of All the Gin Joints"
UberFaenaticDate: Monday, 16 Dec 13, 2:43 AM | Message # 16
Rakshasa
Group: Users
Awards: 6
The thing is, Bo is recognizing that something is really wrong with her now.  Something is missing.  Something is off and she feels it because she realized she's not the type of person who would inspire someone to seek freedom for themselves but she used to be.  So that's good. 

Remember how she kept setting off the malicious fae detector.  I think that's what's making her off but our Bo is seeing now that she isn't what she should be.

Bo is banging for the sake of banging.  She's angry and bitter and resentful and rebellious.  I saw nothing loving in her exchanges with Dyson.  I saw someone whose life is spiraling and is lashing out. 

I missed Tamsin...however, I'm still glad she's not interacting with Bo yet.  Not until Bo figures it all out (she looks like finally she's starting to recognize she's not who she should be) and until Tamsin is an adult.

The note she left for Kenzi...I didn't recognize all the acronyms.  But what I did catch is that she felt she had to leave.  I don't understand what she meant by Hans Solo...unless she was just playing on the last name.  But my sense was that she knows she's ready to remember and has to go on her own journey to get her memories back.

As for Lauren and the Morrigan... I'm going to totally be the odd ball here...but I actually liked it. lol  I don't trust Evony and she is entirely duplicitous.  But...I felt the chemistry with Lauren.  I want to know why she's wooing her though.  I think, personally, that she is Massimo's mother...she needs the valkyrie hair to fix something...and that she got Lauren to help her fix whatever is wrong.

Added (16 Dec 13, 2:43 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Also...I found Lauren to actually be enjoyable here.  Frankly, I like her when she's not tethered to Bo.  I liked her with Crystal...and I liked her here.  I want to know what she's going to use that sample for though.  Insurance?

As for my other ship ... I am glad to see Kenzi finally make a move.  Sheesh!  And this time I really felt it, as opposed to the second episode where I felt uncomfortable and the scene felt forced.  But dude...the blood in the ears.  Are they going to kill my Siren off?

Also interesting.  The Una Mens went to Bo's to get Dyson.  Think about it.  They're obviously having sex at Bo's place.  That is forbidden so you'd think that, while they were there to get Dyson they'd get Bo too.  But they ignore her? Hmm.

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

acejihyoDate: Monday, 16 Dec 13, 3:09 AM | Message # 17
Baby Fae
Awards: 0
Quote UberFaenatic ()
As for Lauren and the Morrigan... I'm going to totally be the odd ball here...but I actually liked it.

Don't worry, you're not the only one. Their dynamic is actually really great, and Lauren's character is probably the best it's ever been in this episode. The problem with Lauren/Bo (imo) is that it's built on nothing other than just sex. Lauren/Evony here has much more depth (and surprisingly amazing chemistry).

Quote UberFaenatic ()
Bo is banging for the sake of banging.

Yeah, Bo's being ridiculous. Like I seriously can't tell where her heart (or even brain) is. Because I'd be okay if she were feeding off Dyson strictly for healing purposes but she's banging him because like you said, she's bitter over the whole Dark thing. 

Quote UberFaenatic ()
As for my other ship ... I am glad to see Kenzi finally make a move.

Kenzi/Hale still feels weird to me. I just can't see them more than bros tbh. But yeah, this episode was so SO much less awkward than episode 2.

tankedtamsinDate: Monday, 16 Dec 13, 3:27 AM | Message # 18
Spriggan
Quote Eternal-Dust ()
No. No it didn't. It added more questions in fact. Characters continue to act OOC.
I wonder where they are going with this storyline.

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Monday, 16 Dec 13, 4:17 AM | Message # 19
Kitsune
Awards: 5
is there a pic of Tamsin's letter?

UberFaenaticDate: Monday, 16 Dec 13, 5:42 AM | Message # 20
Rakshasa
Quote ValkyrieLiquorCabinet ()
is there a pic of Tamsin's letter?
No but Kenzi cradles the note to her heart lovingly.

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

Isabel_QDate: Monday, 16 Dec 13, 6:02 AM | Message # 21
Drunk Valkyrie
Awards: 13
Quote UberFaenatic ()
She's angry and bitter and resentful and rebellious.  I saw nothing loving in her exchanges with Dyson.
Available to users only

Added (16 Dec 13, 6:02 AM)
Quote UberFaenatic ()
I saw someone whose life is spiraling and is lashing out.
I pray that Tamsin will be the one to bring her back.
Available to users only

Post edited by Isabel_Q - Monday, 16 Dec 13, 6:46 AM

BreathofLifeDate: Monday, 16 Dec 13, 7:19 AM | Message # 22
Bounty Hunter
Awards: 4
Meh, I just watched it and you gotta love the more questions, no answers routine...not. I only watched cause I thought we may get something, at least one thing answered but nope, nothing. I have to admit I actually liked the Lauren/Evony scenes, I thought they were the better parts of the episode and it was nice to see The Morrigan in a different light.
I wasn't a big supporter of Kenzi/Hale in the first place so I don't really want them together but if they do, it's not the end of the world.

The episode felt empty with RS/Tamsin though and I hate Bo at the moment, I don't like anything about her and I want her kept away from Tamsin until she sorts herself out. I don't know what's wrong with her but she needs to go back to her old self pronto.

Isabel_QDate: Monday, 16 Dec 13, 8:37 AM | Message # 23
Drunk Valkyrie
Awards: 13
So, this is a waste of an episode.
I'm not really missing anything if I skip this.

Added (16 Dec 13, 8:10 AM)

Quote Eternal-Dust ()
She doesn't. Maybe this isn't the real Bo that we know. Maybe something happened to her. But right now, I don't want her anywhere near Tamsin.
Maybe it's not really Bo, I really hope so, because this one is crazy self-centered, and a sex maniac lol

Added (16 Dec 13, 8:37 AM)
OMG!
Can't you guys see it?, Bo is slowly becoming her freaking mother!

UberFaenaticDate: Monday, 16 Dec 13, 1:05 PM | Message # 24
Rakshasa
I think that's a key point though, Isabel. Bo is usually more sensitive. She's careful with people's feelings.  She feels and cares about things just because she can. 

This Bo, however, is more jaded.

She's more selfish and self involved.  She's also hair trigger.

Since when has Bo's first response been violence or threats as opposed to persuasion?  The singer didn't give her what she wanted, so she threatens her.  The singer's owner...she succu-attacks him rather than glows or persuades.

We've seen her like that before...in Vexed, when she was furious at Lauren and Dyson and mad at the world and all of faedom and just wasn't going to take it.

But this Bo...there is no causal factor.  She is generally not Bo-like right now.

The good news is that she recognizes that something is off.  She is not the person who would inspire others.  She is angry...filled with rage and she knows that if she continues down this path, her life will be one chasm of empty vengeance.

Remember Bo set off the malicious fae detector.  Remember how she bashed Cleo and threatened to kill Massimo for something minor and smiled when he died.

I'm glad she had that recognition that something is wrong though and I think her father is solely responsible for this.  He's marked her.  He's claimed her.  And he's changed her.  Who knows what that handprint means but I don't think it means anything good.

Other things from this episode...that crown from Bo's memory with her name engraved on it and she was not happy to see it.

Tamsin's letter to Kenzi and how I think she's on a valkyrie "find yourself" thing.  We'll get our girl back soon. smile

I've had lots of issues with how they've written Lauren in general...but making her a Star Trek geek will allow me to look past a lot of sins. Especially the way Zoie played it.  Perfect awkwardness in front of the leader of the dark fae.  And if I didn't say it before, I'm totally on board with Levony.  Or Lorrigan. Or whatever.  I was like, what? at first...but they have real chemistry.

I want to know about the DNA sample Lauren got.  See I think Evony is Massimo's mother. I think he needed Tamsin's valkyrie hair for her.  And I think Evony is wooing Lauren to get her to fix whatever may be wrong with her.  Perhaps Lauren is suspicious of Evony's motives...like she said she was...and decided to get a sample for either insurance purposes or to see if Evony was being nice under false pretenses.

But still.  Levony. wink

The Una mens were not there for Bo, yet they were in her home and they know she's dark and Dyson's light.  So fine...they're there for Dyson for a separate issue but why wouldn't they take Bo in too given she was clearly getting her sexy on with a light fae?

Bo recognizes she willingly joined the dark.  I expect the why to be a major point.

Hale... that blood in his ears is a bad sign. BTW...note that Bo was not affected by the music at all, where as everyone else suffered.

Will that glowy recording help bring about other memories or just the one?

When she remembers being on the train and seeing the glow hand print, she says, "I can't! I can't!" I want to know what she's talking about.

Post edited by UberFaenatic - Monday, 16 Dec 13, 1:13 PM

Eternal-DustDate: Monday, 16 Dec 13, 2:15 PM | Message # 25
Food > You
Group: Administrators
Awards: 11
The problem though is that whatever is going on with Bo, they are dragging it out for too long in a season with not that many episodes to spare. Trying to squeeze everything in the latter half of the season is not ideal pacing and it makes the show and the characters suffer for it.

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

UberFaenaticDate: Monday, 16 Dec 13, 2:50 PM | Message # 26
Rakshasa
I agree ... they are creating a time crunch but at the same time, it shows how serious this issue is for it to linger like this.  And Bo is angry and feels helpless and there's a part of her father in her, it would seem, that has marked her and she can't do anything about it yet.

I think that's where Tamsin somehow comes into play.  I think they set it up so that the last several episodes help move Bo/Wanderer/Tamsin/Valkubus and so on further and they're using this time now to deal with the rest of the crew, as well as address the una mens and the issues they're causing.

But for those only watching for Rachel/Tamsin or Valkubus, I imagine this season is dragging like a boulder.  lol  I'm still holding on that they're driving things this way for a reason.

Added (16 Dec 13, 2:50 PM)
Okay so I know I'm totally silver lining this.

We don't expect to see Tamsin next week, right?  So that means out of the first SEVEN EPISODES, we have had Rachel in only two.  And of course have seen zero grown up Tamsin.

And that sucks.

So I'm trying to see what else I like or can like in the mean time...and hope really really hard that we're going to get a lot of Tamsin content from 8 on.

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Monday, 16 Dec 13, 4:47 PM | Message # 27
Kitsune
I agree UF, Bo finally notices how she acts, and that something is wrong with her, which is good and maybe shit will start to change. I liked the moment when Ianka told her - you're like the rest of them, Bo is taken aback a bit.

As for lack of Tamsin, I was very upset today and right now I'm just blocking those depressing feelings cause it's just a TV show, I can't let it effect me this intensely. On another note this episode reminded me of S2 soooooooo much.

There is slight hope Tamsin will be in 4x07, as EA said pretty much all main characters will be in 4x07.

p.s. Tamsin letter was hilarious, i mean she is so hipster with that YOLO haha which btw FINALLY applies to her as it is her last lifecycle. Because Valkyrie+YOLO doesn't make sense in general

mystupidtricksDate: Monday, 16 Dec 13, 5:44 PM | Message # 28
Baby Fae
I know people are bummed there was no Tamsin in this episode but I really really loved that moment with Kenzi reading the letter. It was brief but very sweet, and telling about how close they've become.

Bo's definitely changed for the worst and I think she finally started noticing this episode. I feel kind of sorry for Dyson but not sorry because he's choosing to sleep with Bo again and again when it's obvious he doesn't have her the way he used to. That last scene is even more horrible when you realize Bo has been basically turning all her anger and frustrations and worries about things -especially Lauren- onto Dyson who she's using because she knows he won't say no. This is the most lost I've ever seen her.

I really hope Tamsin is in the next episode though. Episode 8 seems so far.

acejihyoDate: Monday, 16 Dec 13, 6:23 PM | Message # 29
Baby Fae
Quote mystupidtricks ()
I know people are bummed there was no Tamsin in this episode but I really really loved that moment with Kenzi reading the letter.

YES. Because let's face it, Kenzi is the only person who gives a rat's ass about Tamsin right now.

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Monday, 16 Dec 13, 6:34 PM | Message # 30
Kitsune
well I'm glad Tamsin has at least one true friend in her life atm

Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep. 4x06 "Of All the Gin Joints"
Search: