• Page 1 of 1
Forum » Lost Girl » Season 3 » Ep. 3x06 "The Kenzi Scale"
Ep. 3x06 "The Kenzi Scale"
SHCDate: Monday, 23 Sep 13, 6:47 PM | Message # 1
Bounty Hunter
Group: Administrators
Awards: 10
The Kenzi Scale

Synopsis:The gang is forced to stage an intervention against an increasingly erratic Bo. Bo believes the only way to save someone close to her is to accept help from the person she trusts least – only to learn the truth about secrets kept by the people she trusted most.

Written by: Sandra Chwialkowska
Directed by: David Greene
Original Airdate: February 17, 2013

LanieDate: Sunday, 29 Sep 13, 5:03 AM | Message # 2
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
The jacket!

Eternal-DustDate: Sunday, 29 Sep 13, 2:50 PM | Message # 3
Food > You
Awards: 11
The second one. HER FACE. OMG. *melts*  

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

Fangirl-outletDate: Sunday, 29 Sep 13, 4:34 PM | Message # 4
Your face sucks
Awards: 8
That jacket is like my favourite outfit of hers. It just fits her so well. Cry. And her face. WHY IS HER FACE LIKE THAT!? BO FIX IT!

"Why do you care so much!?"

JTDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 7:55 PM | Message # 5
Kitsune
Group: Users
Awards: 4
So earlier today, E brought up the line "But you're not really listening." from this ep and what it could mean.

I had to rewatch it because I had no recollection of it. And no, I didn't watch the entire ep. Just the bits and pieces with Bo/Tamsin and some of the parts with Dyson/Kenzi as I was fast-forwarding the ep.

My original thoughts were that Tamsin had probably meant that Bo was too focused on Kenzi to really pay any attention to whatever Tamsin was telling her. You know, Bo was talking to Tamsin only to kill time and avoid any awkward silences while they were trying to find that cave.

Upon further consideration, that might be part of it, but I think Tamsin mostly meant that Bo wasn't listening because Bo had already made up her mind about who Tamsin was, and wasn't willing to alter her perception of her initial opinion.

I doubt this can be considered a spoiler since everyone is waiting so impatiently for s4 to start... But, Bo doesn't really change her way of thinking about Tamsin until the end of 3x08 and all they went through in Brazenwood.

In addition, how the hell couldn't Dyson and Trick not know it wasn't the real Kenzi? They've spent a lot of quality time together. And Kenzi all over  Dyson the way she was in this ep was beyond creepy. Kenzi was team Dyson because she always preferred Dyson for Bo. Why would she all of a sudden cling to Dyson in such a way? Trick also has interacted enough with Kenzi to know better. The only ones I can see being fooled would be Lauren and Tamsin.

Lauren because she never got along with Kenzi. Tamsin only because she's new to the picture and hasn't really had that much interaction with her. But what's more interesting is that out of all of them, it's Tamsin who realises something doesn't add up with the way Kenzi is behaving.

"My personality is who I am... my attitude depends on who you are..."

SlightlyTwistedDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 8:13 PM | Message # 6
Rakshasa
Group: Users
Awards: 5
Quote JT ()
Upon further consideration, that might be part of it, but I think Tamsin mostly meant that Bo wasn't listening because Bo had already made up her mind about who Tamsin was, and wasn't willing to alter her perception of her initial opinion.

Yup! That's what I gathered from that line, anyway. 
Also, I felt it had a hint of Tamsin feeling invisible to Bo, and everyone else for that matter, that it doesn't mean just listening in the literal sense, but not seeing her for who she is outside the dark fae allegiance, and noticing that underneath the tough exterior, Tamsin is vulnerable and has a longing for friends and somewhere to belong, especially after getting involved with the happy sunshine gang and sees what they have. 
After all, she goes against everything she is supposed to do as a dark fae and otherwise, to help Bo and save Kenzi. And this is what Bo isn't "listening" to.

Though I may read a bit too much into it, but yeah. That's what it says to me.

Forum » Lost Girl » Season 3 » Ep. 3x06 "The Kenzi Scale"
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: