Wednesday, 24 Apr 24, 10:37 PM
Welcome, Guest | RSS
[ New posts · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Valkyrior, Lanie  
Forum » Lost Girl » Lost Girl General Discussion » Discussing and Debunking Theories about Valkubus
Discussing and Debunking Theories about Valkubus
SpaceburrsDate: Thursday, 03 Oct 13, 4:08 PM | Message # 1
Baby Fae
Group: Users
Awards: 0
So like I heard this theory that Tamsin might be Bo's sister and I was just like NOOOOOOO but what if that's the case?

Eternal-DustDate: Thursday, 03 Oct 13, 4:20 PM | Message # 2
Food > You
Group: Administrators
Awards: 11
HI! I moved this into the Lost Girl General Discussion so more people can see it. 

Also, that theory has been blown out of the water many times over. Don't worry about it.  wink

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

Fangirl-outletDate: Thursday, 03 Oct 13, 5:10 PM | Message # 3
Your face sucks
Awards: 8
Pretty much, it was started by a certain individual who googled "Tamsin" and found that it meant "twin" in Aramaic or something. Then they made the massive stretch to say that her name means twin, so that means she's Bo's twin, but not, cuz she's definitely older,so she must be her sister. 
It makes no sense.

The only other argument that they have is that she's obviously connected to Bo's father, and it's the only possible explanation other than Valkubus (romantic) that explains the undeniable emotional connection that they have. Because it can't be love, it must be family. *Sarcasm*

It's an illogical argument with no foundation, and furthermore a move like that would be both incredibly fucked up and a major blow for the show's politically correct ideal. 

-End rant-

"Why do you care so much!?"

UberFaenaticDate: Thursday, 03 Oct 13, 5:46 PM | Message # 4
Rakshasa
Awards: 6
I wouldn't be surprised if the twin thing comes up at some point but people have to really not be paying attention to think that Tamsin and Bo are twins.

Bo is a child of the 1980s or so, right? I mean she was a teen when she killed Kyle, and was on the run for a decade so she's 30ish... and Tamsin has been alive for many lifetimes, possibly including the Trojan War (given an offhand reference) and that dates back to what...12th century BC?  Yeah.  So there's that.

At worst they could theoretically be half sisters but that's only if you accept the scenario that Valkyrie are the literal children of Odin (who I stipulate as a given is Bo's father)...and I don't think that's the case.

On top of that, I'd be super squicked if the writers put in a bunch of random, non-familial moments with all the kisses and such, highlighting a latent attraction that neither were able or willing to explore at all during last season for a wide variety of reasons.  And on top of that, Anna Silk said that the Valkubus ship was a valid one, which I doubt she'd do if they were related in any way. 

We know there is some connection between them that will be revealed, only we don't know what it is at this point and won't for a few more weeks. smile

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

Post edited by UberFaenatic - Thursday, 03 Oct 13, 5:47 PM

Eternal-DustDate: Thursday, 03 Oct 13, 6:18 PM | Message # 5
Food > You
Yeaahh I'd take the nonsensical rumors of a select overzealous individuals with a grain of salt. One of the kitsunes even said Tamsin "got involved" with the Wanderer. And we know next to nothing of the show's interpretation of the Wanderer. He might not even be Odin.

omaloraDate: Thursday, 03 Oct 13, 7:58 PM | Message # 6
Bounty Hunter
Awards: 4
Welp. If for some strange reason they go down that route with the show.. it'll be the first time I ship incest.. not sure how to feel about that.

Fangirl-outletDate: Thursday, 03 Oct 13, 8:45 PM | Message # 7
Your face sucks
Quote (omalora)
Welp. If for some strange reason they go down that route with the show.. it'll be the first time I ship incest.. not sure how to feel about that.

It'd be cause for major upset in the fandom.

omaloraDate: Thursday, 03 Oct 13, 11:38 PM | Message # 8
Bounty Hunter
Quote (Fangirl-outlet)
It'd be cause for major upset in the fandom.

Thank you for that Captain Obvious :3

Fangirl-outletDate: Thursday, 03 Oct 13, 11:58 PM | Message # 9
Your face sucks
Quote (omalora)
Thank you for that Captain Obvious :3

I mean that as less of a valkubus upset and an overall upset. To pull a stunt like that is outrageous and all who argued the show to be politically correct would lose their shit.

omaloraDate: Friday, 04 Oct 13, 0:16 AM | Message # 10
Bounty Hunter
I still think the upheaval it would cause on both the Valkubus fandom and the story arc are obvious and most likely the poorest of choices.

Fangirl-outletDate: Friday, 04 Oct 13, 0:21 AM | Message # 11
Your face sucks
Quote (omalora)
I still think the upheaval it would cause on both the Valkubus fandom and the story arc are obvious and most likely the poorest of choices.

Truth. Also, can you imagine how uncomfortable that would make everything?

Eternal-DustDate: Friday, 04 Oct 13, 0:25 AM | Message # 12
Food > You
This whole thing is baseless and started with some bored individual over-analyzing the meaning of Tamsin's name. There has been nothing to suggest that TPTB are even going to go there. And if they did -- well, they need to quit their day jobs stat because they just don't have the skills to pull off this mess.

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Friday, 04 Oct 13, 4:58 AM | Message # 13
Kitsune
Awards: 5
all this family relations reek of soap operas, meh. I think there are more interesting themes to explore in the show.
Where the heck is the promo, i'm dying to see it!!!

SpaceburrsDate: Friday, 04 Oct 13, 10:24 AM | Message # 14
Baby Fae
Awards: 0
Yeah It'd be really ridiculous and awkward uf that were to be the case but maybe since Tamsin's been around for a while she may have been like involved involved with Bo's dad?

UberFaenaticDate: Friday, 04 Oct 13, 11:09 AM | Message # 15
Rakshasa
Awards: 6
Quote (Spaceburrs)
Yeah It'd be really ridiculous and awkward uf that were to be the case but maybe since Tamsin's been around for a while she may have been like involved involved with Bo's dad?

I haven't gotten that sense from her behavior so far.

She's terrified of him and what he has done and can do (just look at her reaction when Aife was talking about how if Bo's dad were there, he'd kill everyone, resurrect them and kill them again).

Even when she joins team Bo and plays along with her about finding a "safe" place...something she concedes later in the truck with Dyson doesn't exist...but by then she seems resigned to her fate and willing to sacrifice herself to take him out...I don't get any sense that she sees him as a former "involvement."

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

Forum » Lost Girl » Lost Girl General Discussion » Discussing and Debunking Theories about Valkubus
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: