Tuesday, 23 Apr 24, 3:48 PM
Welcome, Guest | RSS
[ New posts · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Lanie, Valkyrior  
Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Lost Girl Webisodes (Watch and discuss)
Lost Girl Webisodes
SlightlyTwistedDate: Sunday, 03 Nov 13, 12:14 PM | Message # 46
Rakshasa
Group: Users
Awards: 5

LanieDate: Sunday, 03 Nov 13, 12:35 PM | Message # 47
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
SlightlyTwisted, thank you!

My gosh, Tamsin's mentioned! Hale's just scored a few points with me. smile

I guess it's clear now that there's going to be a time jump.

SlightlyTwistedDate: Sunday, 03 Nov 13, 12:47 PM | Message # 48
Rakshasa
Definitely a time jump, as I thought. Wonder if we'll get to see where Bo, Tamsin and Dyson has been taken to though, if only for one episode. 
Perhaps it's the episode with the old-time set and all. We've seen Kenzi there though, so maybe not, but she could be the one finding a way to save them, or sent in after them? Far fetched, but...

The mention of Tamsin made my heart skip a beat, hehe!

DakaraJayneDate: Sunday, 03 Nov 13, 12:58 PM | Message # 49
Spriggan
Awards: 3
SlightlyTwisted, thanks for the vid smile

Hale's back to his original attire it seems... Where is his fugitive stylist? Ha.

1 week to go till S4 airs! I can't wait - I hope I get to watch it sooner than expected (I live in the UK...damn this place haha). Looking forward to the preshow too, more so now that we know Rachel will make an appearance.

Bo: Nada
Tamsin: Speak for yourself
Me: *Dies*

SlightlyTwistedDate: Sunday, 03 Nov 13, 1:06 PM | Message # 50
Rakshasa
Dakara, online streaming is the way to go for us non canadians wink I can send you a link if you want/need?

Eternal-DustDate: Sunday, 03 Nov 13, 1:16 PM | Message # 51
Food > You
Group: Administrators
Awards: 11
I should not be this happy hearing Hale say Tamsin's name. But I am.

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

SHCDate: Sunday, 03 Nov 13, 2:32 PM | Message # 52
Bounty Hunter
Group: Administrators
Awards: 10
Same...the sheer joy I experienced at the mere mention of her name was ridiculous. I may spontaneously combust when she shows up on screen. I'd say we've been starved enough, please let us have a Tamsin pic now. 

ETA: Seriously Tirck? Seriously? you don't think anything at all about that Wanderer Card with Bo in it on the floor? (because I'm pretty sure he knows exactly who the wanderer is...) also? You could have asked about Bo or something instead of lamenting that Trella sunk.

oh and thank you  SlightlyTwisted for always putting these up for us!!

Guys, just one more week! Squeee

DakaraJayneDate: Sunday, 03 Nov 13, 4:58 PM | Message # 53
Spriggan
Awards: 3
SlightlyTwisted, I used to watch online but the shows were always a little late - a link would be much appreciated, thank you happy

I literally cannot wait until Tamsin braces us with her presence - this site will be sheer entertainment to read!! Pure fandom cries echoing all over the world haha

Bo: Nada
Tamsin: Speak for yourself
Me: *Dies*

SlightlyTwistedDate: Sunday, 03 Nov 13, 5:33 PM | Message # 54
Rakshasa
Quote SheHadACorpse ()
ETA: Seriously Tirck? Seriously? you don't think anything at all about that Wanderer Card with Bo in it on the floor? (because I'm pretty sure he knows exactly who the wanderer is...) also? You could have asked about Bo or something instead of lamenting that Trella sunk.

oh and thank you  SlightlyTwisted for always putting these up for us!!

Don't even get me started on Trick. I dislike him the most of all, even more than Boren. 
So self centered, secretive and cryptic, played for the good of others, but really for the good of himself, or because he's not ready to spill the beans, no matter the cost. Such a frikkin bastard! 

And you're all welcome! smile

Can't wait for next week now and have our show back! Time to sit my ass down and re-watch season 3.

UberFaenaticDate: Sunday, 03 Nov 13, 7:33 PM | Message # 55
Rakshasa
Awards: 6
I have a slightly nicer take on Trick, if you'll bear with me. smile It's clear he's secretive.  He hasn't told anyone about that horse picture and my guess is that he's always had a rough idea who Bo's dad was.  But given his life, I'm not all that surprised that he holds his cards close to his vest.  He's been hiding in plain sight for who knows how long and very few are even aware that he is the Blood King.  So I think his first nature is to be secretive, even when he should be more open.  That said, I think Aife warning Bo to look out for him was an anvil of sorts.  So who knows.  THAT said, he was the one who gave up a priceless piece of jewelry in order to save Kenzi back in season 1.  He willingly spilled his blood to save Bo, and he "adopted" Kenzi as a part of his family.  So, I don't think Trick is perfect...he's definitely flawed...but I don't think he's quite as dark as you might.

As for the card, I don't think he really saw it.  And if he did, didn't really process it as being anything other than a random trinket amidst other random trinkets that were strewn across the floor amidst the glass.

Other random thoughts about the webisode.... we're getting some Kenzi/Hale this year.  Yeah baby yeah.  wink Of course the pic with Kenzi getting her flirt on with Hale was definitely a clue enough.  I am amused that Trick seemed to think it was obvious to anyone with eyes that Kenzi had a thing for Hale.

As for his style, he never benefited from having Kenzi as his stylist. She went Kitsune before she had a chance to give him a makeover and, given how he treated her before that, I doubt she would have done anything to help him out.

Regarding the time jump...yes no doubt there is one. Trick would have had to fly to Scotland, been with Stella, figured out she and he didn't mesh and dump her and return. Quickest case scenario...a week?

And in that time, Hale might have been looking for Dyson and Tamsin and coming up with nothing. He didn't mention the truck, so it's possible he doesn't even know about that yet. And by the way....

TAMSIN!

I was so pleased to hear her name. Gold star for you, siren. biggrin

Regarding the prophecy...Trick immediately associated it with the una mens, whereas I had thought when I heard it that it had to do with Bo's dad.

What do y'all think?

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

Post edited by UberFaenatic - Sunday, 03 Nov 13, 7:39 PM

SlightlyTwistedDate: Sunday, 03 Nov 13, 9:01 PM | Message # 56
Rakshasa
Trick does seem to have some good qualities, and/or redeeming qualities, and he even seems to like humans based on what he has done for Kenzi. Then season 3 happened, and there has been much hinting towards him actually favoring the fae, and the "good" of his kind. I say "good", because he seems to favor the old way, and not the new way, in which it seems this show (and Bo) is going for as a possible end - no more light and dark, or hierarchy.
And even as much as he seems to have accepted and taken Kenzi in as a part of his family - "make no mistake, she is NOT one of us" comes to mind. He may have saved her in season 1, but I feel that was in benefit of Bo and building a bond to her and to look good in her eyes. And I have no doubt he would sacrifice Kenzi if it would benefit him or his cause. She's only human anyway, and Bo will have to learn to live a long, long life without her at some point.
Even in this webisode, he is self centered, and seems to offer no thought about his granddaughters whereabouts, and cares only to fix his bar, though Hale is even worried about Tamsin, who as far as we know, he has had little to no contact with. That is a true, good heart, which I do not believe Trick possesses. 
To me it seems Trick likes power, to have the upper hand, to sit on knowledge which he is not willing to share unless he has to and/or if it benefits him to share, and that secretly, he is working behind the scenes to find a way to take back his power as a ruler over the fae, without risking his own life, or outing himself in the process.
He didn't even care to share the fact that Hale got possessed, and what he said.  So now he is the only one who knows, he has the upper hand, and gets to figure out what to do about it, probably in a way that favors himself. He's just a true asshole!

That's how I feel towards him at least. Yes, he does good things from time to time, and seems to be a helper, but I will never believe that is his true nature and purpose.

On another note, I also thought it had to do with Bo's dad, and not the una mens. 
I actually dislike them introducing this other new "big bad" when the wanderer isn't even resolved yet, and there's a limited number of episodes to pack all this into. I want character development and story before anything else. How will they have the time?

UberFaenaticDate: Sunday, 03 Nov 13, 9:43 PM | Message # 57
Rakshasa
You make a lot of great points about Trick and I agree with most if not all of them.  There are certain beats such as the "Make no mistake" one from Fae-de to Black that give me pause, to be sure, and add to that sense that there's something more that might be a little less than friendly about him.  But he's been around a long time and I think one of the dangers of having such longevity is sometimes you stop caring as much as you should for human life.  In his case, he prioritizes fae affairs as being more important than human issues which is a major failing because in doing so, he forgets that it's the little things like taking care of individuals that ensure you have the character and integrity to take on the big things.  It's why Bo's character is such an enigma to most of the fae.  She hasn't lost sight of humanity and has chosen them over fae business.

As for the una mens, I don't mind them being added to the mix because it's very rare that bad things happen one after another like they do on TV.  Especially if they're somehow related.

Added (03 Nov 13, 9:43 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Urg.  I had more typed but something happened and it went all disappear-y on me. sad

Needless to say, I agreed with pretty much everything you said.  lol

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Monday, 04 Nov 13, 5:29 AM | Message # 58
Kitsune
Quote SlightlyTwisted
I actually dislike them introducing this other new "big bad" when the wanderer isn't even resolved yet, and there's a limited number of episodes to pack all this into. I want character development and story before anything else. How will they have the time?

I must agree on that, we had many big badies last season and look how it turned out, all mixed up. I rather they take on one big bad whom they fight during ALL season, not just one or two episodes, it would make the "big bad" more significant and not just pfft and it's gone ya know.
I'm more interested in the Wanderer than those Una Mens, mostly of all the mythology that could be explored and put on screen. However now i have a feeling it will be swiped under the carpet in max two episodes. lame

SlightlyTwistedDate: Monday, 04 Nov 13, 11:55 AM | Message # 59
Rakshasa
If they do swipe it under the carpet after just a couple episodes, that is extremely short sighted of them, considering they're promoting this season with The Wanderer song, and seemingly Bo becoming it. 
But then again, last season was promoted with Bo being evil, and look how that turned out  rolleyes

UberFaenaticDate: Monday, 04 Nov 13, 2:24 PM | Message # 60
Rakshasa
Good points about expectation levels.  Having a few baddies at the same time would be fine with me, only IF they're able to do justice to the stories.  And that's a big if.  wink

Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Lost Girl Webisodes (Watch and discuss)
Search: