• «
Forum moderator: Lanie, Valkyrior  
Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep. 4x07 "La Fae Époque"
Ep. 4x07 "La Fae Époque"
SHCDate: Monday, 23 Dec 13, 10:43 AM | Message # 31
Bounty Hunter
Group: Administrators
Awards: 10
TVG: Next week we get our last Lost Girl episode of 2013 before a brief, one-week hiatus. Which section of fans will it be the biggest Christmas treat for?
EA: Uh, VAL-KU-BUS. Tamsin fans

Trying not to get my hopes up but dammit

(x)

SirGladiatorDate: Monday, 23 Dec 13, 1:04 PM | Message # 32
Squonk
Group: Users
Awards: 0
That is incredibly awesome news indeed, and rather surprising that she would state it that plainly.  But I'm guessing that a LOT of the Tamsin fans in Canada may have stopped watching by now, and so they needed to go that extra mile, basically take the full week to get the message out 'please come back, it's finally going to get good'.  Here's hoping it's as awesome as it sounds and as awesome as we hope.  We've waited SO long, it's time for a big payoff, first of many in the weeks and years ahead smile .  On a side note, didn't the hiatus come after episode six last year (also a significant Valkubus episode) ?  I know that SyFy in America also had a second one week hiatus, after episode 12 (which was yet another significant Valkubus episode) .  I'm detecting a theme here smile .  Give the fans extra time to talk about Valkubus so they'll want to watch the rest of the season, it's a smart move every time.  Of course it's also nice that the hiatus will come after a major Valkubus episode for the simple reason that we get an extra week to savor the flavor smile .  Can't wait for all the awesomeness!

BlubluDate: Monday, 23 Dec 13, 1:45 PM | Message # 33
Squonk
Awards: 1
This post is really language-centred and about me having a rant. You're warned!

Ok may I just say, if you want to add a french touch because it looks and sound classy, at least do it right!

On the wallpaper "Cabaret du Ciel" it's written "tous les soires" (=every night) instead of "tous les soirs" ou "toutes les soirées". Come on ! Were they using google translator or what ?!

Also, why speak in french every two sentences ? Either you do it right with subtitles or not but not in between...

And pleaaase stop with the awful accent, it is atrocious! Also Zoie, why the high pitched voice?!

I didn't get anything of what Zoie sang... like nada zip nothing... but it was french... i think...

Yep they said it.... "Adieu, La belle époque" (=good bye to the good times) I knew it was going to come out at some point

ok I'm not spanish, but i'm still offended by Vex's accent... Please tell me they're not going to murder any other languages...

Ok ranting mode off.

Anyway besides the really bad use of french here, the context was still nice and I kind of appreciated seeing Zoie and Anna playing with each other NOT as Bo and Lauren. It was cool seeing them differently and I realise that it's not the actresses who makes it bad but truely the characters. They do have chemistry but the characters have such bad personnalities that it's killing it off.

So yeah, can't wait to see Tammy next weeeeek !

Isabel_QDate: Monday, 23 Dec 13, 1:57 PM | Message # 34
Drunk Valkyrie
Awards: 13
Quote SheHadACorpse ()
TVG: Next week we get our last Lost Girl episode of 2013 before a brief, one-week hiatus. Which section of fans will it be the biggest Christmas treat for?EA: Uh, VAL-KU-BUS. Tamsin fans
ABOUT.FUCKING.TIME!

Added (23 Dec 13, 1:57 PM)
---------------------------------------------
So, did this ep answered any our unanswered questions?

BlubluDate: Monday, 23 Dec 13, 2:05 PM | Message # 35
Squonk
Aaand that's gonna give me really sweet dreams for christmas smile

SlightlyTwistedDate: Monday, 23 Dec 13, 6:07 PM | Message # 36
Rakshasa
Awards: 5
Absolutely hated everything but Kenzi in this episode. 
It's a bloody christmas miracle I didn't poke my eyes out.

Also, "whole gang finally together" ? pffft....

Now, is it next monday yet? I need my Tamsin fix! Gimme, gimme! 

Eternal-DustDate: Monday, 23 Dec 13, 8:09 PM | Message # 37
Food > You
Group: Administrators
Awards: 11
Available to users only

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

UberFaenaticDate: Monday, 23 Dec 13, 8:27 PM | Message # 38
Rakshasa
Awards: 6
Okay that...actually kinda helps. lol  happy

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

tankedtamsinDate: Tuesday, 24 Dec 13, 11:11 AM | Message # 39
Spriggan
Awards: 0
They are pissed about the Lauren and Dyson scene which also makes me want to bleach out my eyes.

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Wednesday, 25 Dec 13, 10:20 AM | Message # 40
Kitsune
Awards: 5
I don't think I will EVER rewatch this episode, I can't wait till ratings come out and we see how GA reacts to all this.

TayDate: Tuesday, 07 Jan 14, 4:27 PM | Message # 41
Spriggan
Awards: 2
Quote Blublu ()
Yep they said it.... "Adieu, La belle époque" (=good bye to the good times) I knew it was going to come out at some point

Actually, La Belle Epoque is not just a French expression. Your translation is a good one when used in your everyday life, but "La Belle Epoque" refers world widely to a period that occured in France and Belgium at the end of the 19th century and ended with the beginning of World War I.The arts florished and it was included in what's often reffered to as La Bohème an artistic current (Moulin Rouge! for those who have seen it, takes place during this period) It was a period of optimism and peace. Hence the "Adieu la Belle Epoque" with the heavy violence. 

As for the awful accents, at least they tried. Most French people completely suck when trying to speak English (dey spik like zat) so I didn't mind theirs.

P.S: I'm French too.

BlubluDate: Tuesday, 07 Jan 14, 5:01 PM | Message # 42
Squonk
but this is TV, not real life.

This is a critic to what I've noticed all most everytime on several TV shows: when there is a french person they feel like they have to make him/her use this awful accent so as to be a "proper" french character, and it's really simplistic.

I know Tv shows where french actor have to fake a bad french accent even though they speak perfectly well English. This is like a convention in Hollywood in general and I hate it. (I speak for french because I've noticed it particularly but it's done with a lot of foreign languages)

TayDate: Tuesday, 07 Jan 14, 5:38 PM | Message # 43
Spriggan
Awards: 2
Oups misread your post, yeah well, maybe because to their ears it makes it more real. But we tick because knowing what french sounds like, which is not at all what they sound like and thus we know that they have absolutely no reason to speak english with a french accent since they speak french with an english one

Post edited by Tay - Tuesday, 07 Jan 14, 7:09 PM

Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep. 4x07 "La Fae Époque"
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: