Forum moderator: Lanie, Valkyrior  
Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep. 4x05 "Let the Dark Times Roll"
Ep. 4x05 "Let the Dark Times Roll"
Isabel_QDate: Tuesday, 10 Dec 13, 2:00 AM | Message # 61
Drunk Valkyrie
Group: Users
Awards: 13
Quote ValkyrieLiquorCabinet ()
but one thing really bugged me: that was a life or death situation. Tamsin could very well have died and Kenzi was practically shoving her into the ring.
My thoughts, Kenzi doesn't know that it will be a duel to the death at first, and when she realized its serious, its already too late to back out. No choice but to proceed, since Tamsin is the challenger.
I mean she and Bo didn't really have a clue of what the dark faes do, their rules and how they roll. So, since they are dark faes, everything is settled when the other is dead.

Quote Fangirl-outlet ()
And on top of that, Tamsin's reaction to killing her opponent (though it probably should've been made a heavier moment) was heartbreaking. Poor Tam-Tam.
Yeah, innocent as she is now, I think she will be scared of her powers, feel guilty for killing Kai, and confused that dark fae's are such a bunch of remorseless killers! Partying and dancing while a person is lying dead inches away!
She will probably think what Massimo said, that shes a monster and a killer.
Poor Tammy.

Added (10 Dec 13, 1:33 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Quote Zoriah ()
Wow, you have surpassed me! Congrats on being Kitsune, Isabel_Q
lol, thanks Z!,  hug

Added (10 Dec 13, 2:00 AM)
I have to point out that I like that Tamsin is touchy feel-ly (I don't know if this is a word, it has a red line, excuse my English) now. I mean, in her past life, shes like "don't touch me", remember, she's always swatting Bo's hand when she touches her?
I like seeing her hi-five-ing  Kenzi, hold hands with Bruce, it's adorable!

Post edited by Isabel_Q - Tuesday, 10 Dec 13, 5:32 AM

Fangirl-outletDate: Tuesday, 10 Dec 13, 2:50 AM | Message # 62
Your face sucks
Group: Administrators
Awards: 8
Quote Isabel_Q ()
My thoughts, Kenzi doesn't know that it will be a duel to the death at first, and when she realized its serious, its already too late to back out. No choice but to proceed, since Tamsin is the challenger. I mean she and Bo didn't really have a clue of what the dark faes do, their rules and how they roll. So, since they are dark faes, everything is settled when the other is dead.

But if Kenzi is, as we've seen her to be, so very protective of Tamsin, she should have seemed a bit more "oh, hell no"ish about the whole thing. Especially once Evony said "to the death," which was pretty early on in the whole thing. She seemed incredibly casual about it all, maybe just the teensiest bit nervous. But the moment she heard "to the death" you would think she might have made a more upset expression than the one she did, and spent the rest of her time working out either a more clear plan or something. Maybe a failing attempt at negotiation. Anything. 

Again, this doesn't mean that Kamsin is a no go, I seriously think it was just a somewhat continuity-out-the-window attempt at making the entire moment seem less heavy and dark. The dancing emphasizes that considering the event could have been made into a brawl to the death that left Tamsin emotionally shaky - the perfect opportunity for her memories to start flooding back.

"Why do you care so much!?"

Isabel_QDate: Tuesday, 10 Dec 13, 5:29 AM | Message # 63
Drunk Valkyrie
Awards: 13
Yah, you have a point there Falala. Kenzi should have been more concerned, you're right upset too, and guilty for putting Tamsin in that position. I want an apology from Kenzi for that in the future.

Yah, I was hurt for Tamsin, that Kenzi's so casual about it (putting her life in danger), but I felt better when Kia pushed Tam-Tam and Kenzi was there to hold her and with a super worried face for Tammers. I have no doubt she will fight Kia and help Tamsin if Kia really attacked to hurt/kill.

Ok, when we talked Kamsin, its their sisterly relationship and not romantic right?

Added (10 Dec 13, 4:12 AM)
Sooo, if Tamsin is not on the next 2 episodes, where would she be?
Any theory guys?
Btw, did you guys catch that Tamsin smiled when Kenzi said "find your wings Bruchie and fly"

Will Tamsin spread her wings and fly to Valhalla to train?, come back with memories intact just in time for the Christmas episode?

I have to admit that I'm a little bit disappointed because I thought we will get to see Valhalla when I thought Bo, Tamsin and Dyson was transported there at the end of s3.  sad

Added (10 Dec 13, 5:29 AM)
Zoriah, why were you lurking? Come and join us!

nerdmuseumDate: Tuesday, 10 Dec 13, 6:57 AM | Message # 64
Squonk
Awards: 0
Quote UberFaenatic ()
It's like she said to Kenzi.  Everything in her life is confusing to her...and she never imagined her bestie would be a part of that confusion.

I agree with the whole post (I'm still a little new to this, let's hope I do it right). And adding to it, I think that's always been another reason why I love her with Tamsin. With all their bickering, they rarely admitted how amazing they thought the other was, but with her I saw Bo with an equal and I preferred the intense sexual tension to the angsty love triangle that always has Bo  lost and not knowing how to deal with either of them.

Added (10 Dec 13, 6:57 AM)

Quote Fangirl-outlet ()
Again, this doesn't mean that Kamsin is a no go, I seriously think it was just a somewhat continuity-out-the-window attempt at making the entire moment seem less heavy and dark. The dancing emphasizes that considering the event could have been made into a brawl to the death that left Tamsin emotionally shaky - the perfect opportunity for her memories to start flooding back.

Yeah, I think that was their attempt to keep the situation funny and light-ish but made it seem that mamma Kenzi was acting a bit careless, as if that was a boxing match Tamsin had trained for relentlessly. Even the dancing, that she did practice for, was a (super funny) mess. When Tamsin tells her she clenched her cheeks too hard, Kenzi does console her softly saying it's okay but even that was a mixture of a really devastating moment with the continuity of the funny atmosphere. It was a bit weird. Still worth it though.

Eternal-DustDate: Tuesday, 10 Dec 13, 1:59 PM | Message # 65
Food > You
Awards: 11
I love baby Tamsin and everything but I'm just counting the seconds and minutes until we get our snarky Tamsin back. That's the character I fell in love with. 

I get where they're going with all of these "d'aawww she's so adorable" scenes but I feel they are really making light of a potentially emotionally devastating situation for her once she gets her memories back. Had the duel been anything other than a dance-off, I believe Tamsin's memories would have triggered prematurely on instinct to protect her. Then we'd be left to deal with the aftermath of an impending, painful character development for her. But they've chickened out of it. We won't get to see this onscreen and it's a shame.

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

Fangirl-outletDate: Tuesday, 10 Dec 13, 2:08 PM | Message # 66
Your face sucks
Quote Eternal-Dust ()
Then we'd be left to deal with the aftermath of an impending, painful character development for her. But they've chickened out of it. We won't get to see this onscreen and it's a shame.
UGH. They keep letting these perfect opportunities for story and character advancement go to waste. WTFFFF.

Eternal-DustDate: Tuesday, 10 Dec 13, 2:11 PM | Message # 67
Food > You
Acting on Falala's demand, here's a post I found at TWoP that perfectly sums up how OOC Bo is acting and the rather incoherent writing of the season so far.

I found Bo's attitude throughout the whole episode off-putting. Does she really have to instantly get in everyone's face all the time? This street tug, "punch first, use your brain later" act isn't making her come off as tough, it's making her look like a jerk. And an idiot, too: the Fae Overbeing is in town, and she really thinks she could just kill it, just like that? (Unprovoked, even). Did she really learn nothing all this time?

And it looked like she had a problem with the Dark allegiance not because she wanted to be unaligned, but because she wanted to be Light. She never treated Light Fae such condescendingly. I hate to say it, but Lauren has a point, they're pretty much the same but the Dark are less hypocritical. And in season 1, Bo was portrayed as having contacts within the Dark as much as within the Light. What happened to that?

And now apparently every kind of Fae "feeds" on humans? Like, a Mesmer too? Since when? And how, even? They're taking the vampire route here, which is just awful.

And the writers and editors keep being drunk when they work, because the entire deal with Pietra was beyond messy. She shows up like if we – and Bo/Lauren – already met her before, then suddenly she was in contact with Vex? And why did she have to retrieve that dagger from the body of the murdered bride behind the corner?! Like, WTF? Aren't they able to tell a fucking story in a coherent way anymore?
And Dyson moved into a gym? I'm sorry, what?! And it's not awkward at all justifying the fact that they don't have the budget to feature all the regulars in every episode with "Dyson is away, looking for you". Away? Where, exactly? Following which clues?
I don't even comment on what the hell was Vex doing, what was the business with his hand (an effect of the poison of the Una Mens, I assume, but it was never actually explained), and why did he hire Clio to... what? Kill Bo? Kidnap Bo? I don't know, Bo didn't even bother to raise the subject. Everything seems to happen at random now, the scenes and dialogues barely hold together.

For the rest, Tamsin/Kenzi was fun as expected, but Rachel Skarsten is kinda doing her character fromBirds of Prey now. Which, okay. But if they're gonna play "Kenzi, Valkyrie Handler", I'm all for that. It kinda makes me forgive how everything else around them feels crappier and crappier.

Fangirl-outletDate: Tuesday, 10 Dec 13, 2:16 PM | Message # 68
Your face sucks
Quote Eternal-Dust ()
Acting on Falala's demand, here's a post I found at TWoP that perfectly sums up how OOC Bo is acting and the rather incoherent writing of the season so far.
:D

nerdmuseumDate: Tuesday, 10 Dec 13, 2:31 PM | Message # 69
Squonk
Awards: 0
Quote Eternal-Dust ()
I love baby Tamsin and everything but I'm just counting the seconds and minutes until we get our snarky Tamsin back. That's the character I fell in love with.  I get where they're going with all of these "d'aawww she's so adorable" scenes but I feel they are really making light of a potentially emotionally devastating situation for her once she gets her memories back. Had the duel been anything other than a dance-off, I believe Tamsin's memories would have triggered prematurely on instinct to protect her. Then we'd be left to deal with the aftermath of an impending, painful character development for her. But they've chickened out of it. We won't get to see this onscreen and it's a shame.

I do love sweet and naive Tamsin too, and I think this will help adult Tamsin feel less of an outsider when it comes to the group, because they took care of her and she experienced what it was to be with them without her walls up. But the fact that we may not see the moment of change bothers me soo much. I hope we're wrong and that we still get to see it, even if it's one last scene in one episode. And we don't know much about her past except that there's a lot of pain in it. We know in S3 she didn't have true friends, but that mantra of hers "love will get you killed" was born for a reason. Acacia seemed to be the only one who mattered in those days. Anyway, I'm rambling. I just hope we see SOMETHING instead of a fully-grown Tamsin popping up out of nowhere.

Eternal-DustDate: Tuesday, 10 Dec 13, 3:52 PM | Message # 70
Food > You
Quote nerdmuseum ()
Anyway, I'm rambling. I just hope we see SOMETHING instead of a fully-grown Tamsin popping up out of nowhere.

It's a forum lol. It's meant for rambling. And I agree. I want to see the transition from A --> B. Specifically I want to see the "-->" in that formula.

ZoriahDate: Tuesday, 10 Dec 13, 4:00 PM | Message # 71
Kitsune
Awards: 7
I agree, there's so much build up now, I will feel extremely cheated if we don't get to see Tamsin making that next -far more painful emotionally - growth spurt.

Without getting too spoilery, isn't there evidence of this transition in ep 8? I'm thinking about that audition script.

Eternal-DustDate: Tuesday, 10 Dec 13, 4:22 PM | Message # 72
Food > You
We know Tamsin is trapped by guilt. Whether or not the episode explores it is left to be seen.

BreathofLifeDate: Tuesday, 10 Dec 13, 4:52 PM | Message # 73
Bounty Hunter
Awards: 4
That quote from TWoP hits everything right on the nail, this season so far (apart from the miniscule pieces of development we've had) has felt like one giant filler....they had an amazing opportunity to carry straight on from where S3 left off and I think it would have worked perfectly if they had done that. At least then certain questions would have been answered, instead more questions have been dumped onto the already existing pile of questions and none have been answered, we've had pretty much no continuity through the episodes and it feels to me as if they just chucked some scenes into the episodes because they thought it sounded and looked impressive, not to progress the story in any way what so ever.

The character (Tamsin) that can progress the storyline and answer a lot of the left over questions from S3 has been in less than half of the episodes so far (I feel like I've had nothing but Dyson shoved down my throat tbh) and she's still not recovered her memories. I'm hoping we see the damage it causes but with the writers, who knows what we'll get...it always seems like a constant hit and miss with them. Then you've got another supposed big bad to come this season so EA says, so that's another piled on top of the other two and it just feels so ridiculously cluttered and unorganised.

It's just a huge mess of uncompleted storylines that the writers don't seem to feel like completing anytime soon. Don't get me wrong, I love adorable baby Tamsin but they do seem to be playing a little OTT with it (by that I mean carrying it on a tad too long.) I don't think anything solid can carry on with the wanderer until she remembers, although I wouldn't be surprised if the writers pulled something out of their ass that made Bo suddenly discover all of the answers without Tamsin.

Then of course there's Bo's whole OOC behaviour, which I find hard to believe considering the drastic personality change that somehow occured when she was gone...another question that hasn't been answered, what a shocker.

Sorry, I've been reading posts and stewing over it...rant over.

ZoriahDate: Tuesday, 10 Dec 13, 6:20 PM | Message # 74
Kitsune
Awards: 7
Quote Isabel_Q ()
Added (10 Dec 13, 5:29 AM)---------------------------------------------
Zoriah, why were you lurking? Come and join us

Awww, cutie! I am not saying much because I haven't been able to see the episode yet. Can't really contribute until then.  I'm mostly just disappointed that Bo's still idealizing Lauren and giving her more free passes rather than asking for some answers as to the actions Lauren took last season. They never talk about the real stuff until forced to. Sorry, but blind passion - no matter how fun it is to indulge in - isn't enough to make a relationship work long term. Bo needs to take her blinders off and face reality. Until she does, I don't really want her getting romantically close to anyone.

Fangirl-outletDate: Tuesday, 10 Dec 13, 6:21 PM | Message # 75
Your face sucks
Pretty much everything that BreathofLife said. I feel like I'm watching some sort of episodic sitcom of Lost Girl now. Not that every episode has no continuity, but in the tid bits of continuity that they have, other chunks are entirely dropped and likely to never be picked up again.

Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep. 4x05 "Let the Dark Times Roll"
Search: