[ New posts · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Lanie, Valkyrior  
Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep. 4x05 "Let the Dark Times Roll"
Ep. 4x05 "Let the Dark Times Roll"
UberFaenaticDate: Monday, 09 Dec 13, 6:16 PM | Message # 46
Rakshasa
Group: Users
Awards: 6
Bo usually gets her crap together after a love 10 car pile up...but it usually takes a few episodes. lol 

I do hope she gets her head on straight soon but I don't blame her for her emotional immaturity.  She has always been emotionally immature given her past.  But I would like to see growth in this area and I hope that it takes place with a certain valkyrie who will sometime soon start to remember who she is and what she's done.

There's such parity between these two as well as a dichotomy.

On the one hand, both Tamsin and Bo have pasts that are dark and they each have problems (and will have problems) reconciling.  I think, or hope rather, that Bo will help Tamsin deal with her guilt and I think, or hope rather ;), that Tamsin will help Bo remember what she said...that you don't have to be defined by your clan or what people expect of you.  I think this will be increasingly important as we get to the bottom of this Rainer business.

On the other hand, they are polar opposites.  One is searching for and is desperate for a forever love, and the other thinks love will get you killed.  Bo was de facto light and Tamsin is dark...and now the reverse is true. 

So they have a real chance of getting this to work now that they're showing Bo crash and burn again with Lauren.  Apparently Bo will be banging Dyson in the next episode so she's venting/on the rebound.  And notice Tamsin and Bo didn't relate to each other at all in this episode, and won't for the next two.

I think this is a good thing.  I want grown up Bo to interact with grown up Tamsin.  I also want who Tamsin is now to carry over into when she gets her memories back insofar that this Tamsin has a sweetness and dorkiness that's adorable.  And I think they're showing us this side of her now as a contrast to who she was and what she will be.

Also...we have not resolved what happened to Tamsin.  She was smoked out of the truck and disappeared for a month.

My pet theory is that Rainer had her and tortured her, killing her and reviving her over and over for his amusement.  And then somehow when Bo regained awareness, she was sent back to earth.  I wonder if this theory is right, if he expended the majority of her lives...and that's why this being her last life is significant.

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

Fangirl-outletDate: Monday, 09 Dec 13, 6:20 PM | Message # 47
Your face sucks
Group: Administrators
Awards: 8
Quote UberFaenatic ()
Also...we have not resolved what happened to Tamsin.  She was smoked out of the truck and disappeared for a month. My pet theory is that Rainer had her and tortured her, killing her and reviving her over and over for his amusement.  And then somehow when Bo regained awareness, she was sent back to earth.  I wonder if this theory is right, if he expended the majority of her lives...and that's why this being her last life is significant.

I feel more like she just died in the car crash and her body vanished to be reborn, though something's got to give regarding the timeline. My support for this theory is mostly that she was very reluctant to move onto her next cycle, which doesn't really make much sense if she had many more. My theory is that she didn't want to be so very mortal, and thus she chose to hold it off for as long as she could.

"Why do you care so much!?"

tankedtamsinDate: Monday, 09 Dec 13, 6:39 PM | Message # 48
Spriggan
Awards: 0
Quote Fangirl-outlet ()
I feel more like she just died in the car crash and her body vanished to be reborn, though something's got to give regarding the timeline.
Yeah I think so also. Tamsin was gone for a month right?

Fangirl-outletDate: Monday, 09 Dec 13, 6:45 PM | Message # 49
Your face sucks
Quote tankedtamsin ()
Yeah I think so also. Tamsin was gone for a month right?
Yeah. Maybe there's some intermediate part we're missing, but I don't think it was her lives being expended. I think she knew well that her next life would be her last, and that's why she was so reluctant to move onto it.

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Monday, 09 Dec 13, 6:52 PM | Message # 50
Kitsune
Awards: 5
Quote Fangirl-outlet ()
Yeah. Maybe there's some intermediate part we're missing, but I don't think it was her lives being expended. I think she knew well that her next life would be her last, and that's why she was so reluctant to move onto it.
and that my darlings makes me CRY i'm glad we got an answer why she was hanging into her previous life. God, all this explanation makes me miss S3-end Tamsin so fucking much, cause just ughhh there is so much there you know

Eternal-DustDate: Monday, 09 Dec 13, 7:04 PM | Message # 51
Food > You
Awards: 11
Quote UberFaenatic ()
My pet theory is that Rainer had her and tortured her, killing her and reviving her over and over for his amusement.  And then somehow when Bo regained awareness, she was sent back to earth.  I wonder if this theory is right, if he expended the majority of her lives...and that's why this being her last life is significant.

Poor Tam Tam     I really need to know this also. She was unaccounted for for a month. Where did she go? What happened to her? The smoke had to have taken her somewhere. That's why we saw it flowing out of the truck.

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

Fangirl-outletDate: Monday, 09 Dec 13, 7:51 PM | Message # 52
Your face sucks
Quote Eternal-Dust ()
That's why we saw it flowing out of the truck.
Or... it could have been the wanderer exiting the truck? Right?

UberFaenaticDate: Monday, 09 Dec 13, 9:49 PM | Message # 53
Rakshasa
Quote Eternal-Dust ()
The smoke had to have taken her somewhere. That's why we saw it flowing out of the truck.
Yeah that's why I think he took her before the truck hit the ground.  I think she was alive when he smoked her away and took her...where?  For what?

All I can think of is her warning to Bo.  "No...no I've cursed us.  You have no idea."

Put that in context with what Aife said about Bo's father.  "If he were here, he'd kill them, bring them back to life and kill them again!"

I could be wrong but I felt that was an anvil for what would happen to those who betray or let him down...ie, one certain valkyrie. sad

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

Fangirl-outletDate: Monday, 09 Dec 13, 9:54 PM | Message # 54
Your face sucks
Quote UberFaenatic ()
I could be wrong but I felt that was an anvil for what would happen to those who betray or let him down...ie, one certain valkyrie.
I just don't see why they'd do it off-screen then. And the smoke very well could have just been him exiting the truck himself. She died somehow, that's for sure, and I'm almost certain that the life before this one was her second to last, and that she was aware of the fact that her next life would be her last.  So he couldn't have officially killed her. And what's the point of torturing her and killing her just to release her back into the world? If it were a thorough punishment, couldn't he have just killed her and been done with it?

UberFaenaticDate: Monday, 09 Dec 13, 10:04 PM | Message # 55
Rakshasa
Quote Fangirl-outlet ()
I just don't see why they'd do it off-screen then. And the smoke very well could have just been him exiting the truck himself. She died somehow, that's for sure, and I'm almost certain that the life before this one was her second to last, and that she was aware of the fact that her next life would be her last. So he couldn't have officially killed her. And what's the point of torturing her and killing her just to release her back into the world? If it were a thorough punishment, couldn't he have just killed her and been done with it?
Well.. a few things.  I don't know that it's off screen.  Tamsin hasn't remembered yet and it could be a memory that comes to her as time goes on.

I'm not certain about her knowing it was her second to last life.  It's a good theory but the only real thing we know is that, by her own admission, she was too stubborn to let go of her life.

So, since we don't know it was her second to last life, it might be that's how he punished her because he is an evil being who tortures those who betray him harshly.  By Aife's admission, he liked to kill, resurrect and rekill over and over again.  I have to wonder if he did that to Aife too.  sad

As for why he'd "let her go"...maybe he didn't.  We don't know where she was...I'm guessing that he had her.  But he didn't let Bo go either. She escaped.  So who's to say Tamsin didn't escape or someone helped her out?

Obviously this is total speculation on my part but it would make sense to set new Tamsin up as sweet and innocent in order to really tear her down emotionally by having her remember a lot of horrible memories, and I think a part of those memories include what he did to her for betraying him.  I guess we'll find out in a few short weeks biggrin

Post edited by UberFaenatic - Monday, 09 Dec 13, 10:07 PM

Fangirl-outletDate: Monday, 09 Dec 13, 10:14 PM | Message # 56
Your face sucks
Quote UberFaenatic ()
Well.. a few things.  I don't know that it's off screen.  Tamsin hasn't remembered yet and it could be a memory that comes to her as time goes on. I'm not certain about her knowing it was her second to last life.  It's a good theory but the only real thing we know is that, by her own admission, she was too stubborn to let go of her life.

So, since we don't know it was her second to last life, it might be that's how he punished her because he is an evil being who tortures those who betray him harshly.  By Aife's admission, he liked to kill, resurrect and rekill over and over again.  I have to wonder if he did that to Aife too.

As for why he'd "let her go"...maybe he didn't.  We don't know where she was...I'm guessing that he had her.  But he didn't let Bo go either. She escaped.  So who's to say Tamsin didn't escape or someone helped her out?
I'm not sure why someone who's been through so many rebirths would resist just another one. For it to just be another life, it kind of contradicts any need to resist, I mean she gets to be all fancy and young again and we've all seen how much she prizes those years. And I doubt they'll touch on that comment again, so unless they have her sit down and explain why she was being so stubborn about it at all, that's the only explanation that we're getting. Now, it's not unlike the writers to contradict their own canonical dialogue, so it's entirely possible, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Another thing, doesn't it just seem a bit overly coincidental that someone/she managed an escape JUST as Bo awoke?

My confidence in the show is lacking a bit, so I'm stuck on the theory that they won't really explain the month long absence and just leave the explanation of her death and rebirth to the simple tid bits we got here. The only reason I could think that they'd go for the torture thing is to motivate Bo to fight against him more, but I just don't know.

Good theory, though.

UberFaenaticDate: Monday, 09 Dec 13, 10:26 PM | Message # 57
Rakshasa
Well I was thinking that she probably didn't enjoy being reborn and being forced to remember stuff she's buried in her memory.  Look at Tamsin now.  This valkyrie is a blank slate, hates the ideas of killing and has a gentle, sensitive heart. 

But when she remembers...can you imagine it?  The guilt and pain that will pummel her?  Not fun.  Trick said valkyrie's suppressed their painful memories or something like that until they were able to deal with them.

As for the coincidental thing...I think that's a future plot point to be revealed.  They made a big deal of Dyson going to the crash site daily at the same time.  Why?  We don't know. But the end result is that we know for a fact that Tamsin was not there until after Bo regained awareness.

Therefore, I surmise there is a connection between the two, though I have no idea what it is yet.  But because they made a deal of it, I'm expecting it to come up again in the future.

As for Bo, we know she heard Aife talk about her father's powers when she was in Taft's cell with Tamsin and I think, if this particular theory is right, it will be used to help them get closer together and of course unite them in going after Rainer.

Totally guessing though.  But it just seems that the kind of hook with Dyson going there daily and her only showing up when Bo woke was too hamfisted to be anything other than an anvil...as was Aife's warning about Rainer's powers.

Isabel_QDate: Tuesday, 10 Dec 13, 0:55 AM | Message # 58
Drunk Valkyrie
Awards: 13
Quote UberFaenatic ()
This is so sad! 
All the things you guys said  are true, I have to add that being reborn will also mean she will be vulnerable to attacks and can be killed easily and you know that she doesn't like to be vulnerable, she doesn't want people to see her weak. She detest weakness, and takes pride to be this powerful Valkyrie.

Another theory, why would she try to run over the wanderer when she knows that hitting him will not kill him?.
I think she planned her death. She knows what the wanderer is capable of and how powerful he can be. Defying him and siding with Bo meant that they will face off sometime in the future and Tamsin wanted to have her full powers back when this happens. Having her full powers back will give them a better chance to fight him.

Bo is confused, and she's confusing me.
Oh well after reading your opinions, like MB said she see Lauren as her lifeline and she just want to go back as to what they are before. But, ignoring the Taft fiasco is a big thing and it shouldn't be ignored. Remember, Dyson getting kidnapped, her mom kidnapped/contained, stabbed, Tamsin shot (hello?, don't you remember?).

Anyway, I don't want to watch a blind, pathetic, and a lovesick fool Bo, like Falala said, at this point, please stay away from Tamsin.

Added (10 Dec 13, 0:55 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Hi hi hi, I just noticed I'm a Kitsune now!

Post edited by Isabel_Q - Tuesday, 10 Dec 13, 0:53 AM

ZoriahDate: Tuesday, 10 Dec 13, 1:00 AM | Message # 59
Kitsune
Awards: 7
Wow, you have surpassed me! Congrats on being Kitsune, Isabel_Q

UberFaenaticDate: Tuesday, 10 Dec 13, 1:05 AM | Message # 60
Rakshasa
Quote Zoriah ()
Wow, you have surpassed me! Congrats on being Kitsune, Isabel_Q
Your time will come soon, young Spriggan! wink

Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep. 4x05 "Let the Dark Times Roll"
Search: