Forum moderator: Lanie, Valkyrior  
Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep. 4x01 "In Memoriam"
Ep. 4x01 "In Memoriam"
Eternal-DustDate: Sunday, 10 Nov 13, 4:54 PM | Message # 16
Food > You
Group: Administrators
Awards: 11
I just hope to be pleasantly surprised and not the other way around. sadblinky

ETA: Yeah, scratch that. The premiere was ass. UGH. WTF did I just watch???

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

JTDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 0:45 AM | Message # 17
Kitsune
Group: Users
Awards: 4
I was right with the "WTF" moments... too bad it was basically the entire ep... blergh.

"My personality is who I am... my attitude depends on who you are..."

ZoriahDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 1:09 AM | Message # 18
Kitsune
Awards: 7
What happened?

BreathofLifeDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 2:41 AM | Message # 19
Bounty Hunter
So I'm glad I trusted my instincts and watched the episode before the preshow because I knew I'd need an RSkar fix after THAT. Of course I'm so happy LG is back but seriously WTF was that? I wouldn't say it was awful but I wouldn't say it was good either. Hopefully Tamsin's back in the next episode or I might just cry.

Post edited by BreathofLife - Monday, 11 Nov 13, 3:21 AM

CherriiDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 2:49 AM | Message # 20
Squonk
Awards: 1
Thoughts on the preshow:
1. I giggled and had to pause it for a squeefit when they pulled the DVPandemic question.
2. I hated their answers.
3. Boo. Rachel had to leave early.
4. Why did Anna and Zoie have to sit next to each other while Rachel sat so far away? D:

Thoughts on the episode: 
I liked it overall because yay lost girl's back, but at the same time I'm with everyone else. WTF just happened? Where's Tamsin? And I STG you people have ruined me as a Doccubus shipper. Assholes. lol I can't deal with all the Bo/Lauren references anymore, and I was a hardcore shipper! Now I'm just like WHERE THE HELL IS TAMSIN? 

I hate you all. I love the show. I'm going to hate the show when they keep pushing Bo/Lauren instead of Bo/Tamsin.

"The world was on fire and no one could save me but you.
It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
I never dreamed that I'd meet somebody like you."

Eternal-DustDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 3:29 AM | Message # 21
Food > You
Honestly, I knew that Tamsin wasn't going to be in the premiere right from the start. I had my hopes set so low and yet they still managed to disappoint.

WTF moments:
1. Denzi. Dyson and Kenzi legit making out. Thank you, show, for letting me see firsthand how horrible the idea of this ship is. Omg it was gross. Like, I felt I was watching a makeout session between two siblings.
2. The dancing scene, while hot, made no sense to me.
3. Guest stars were COMPLETELY WASTED. GT, I am so sorry you were reduced to such a cartoonish role. I don't even.
4. Two mentions of Tamsin by Dyson, but we don't even know where she is or what happened to her.
5. Boren in a horrible wig with the nametag "Amber" suddenly creeping up on my screen.

Available to users only

UberFaenaticDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 4:05 AM | Message # 22
Rakshasa
Awards: 6
Thoughts on the preshow.  I thought it as funny that there were questions about Bo/Tamsin and Bo/Lauren, but not Bo/Dyson.  Interesting.

Oh and if you think they didn't prescreen the questions, I've got a bridge to sell ya. :P

I love all of their senses of humor.  I love Rachel's quirkiness and Zoie's dry as the Sahara's humor.  It's clear they all lurve each other.

As for the first ep...
I had already figured they weren't going to give us Tamsin right away and we knew we weren't going to get Bo.  So I had already adjusted my expectation levels accordingly. biggrin Instead I focused on my Kenzi returning to the screen and how she did a great job as the lead IMHO.  I love how she talked about a hole in her heart...that her heart hurts.  I loved the throwback to It's A Fae, Fae, Fae, Fae World with the diner chick, but this time with Aife.

I loved seeing Aife!  And finally we have scenes with Aife and Trick together. Although it looks like it might have gotten a little stabby there at the end.

I was intrigued that she seemed to be stable emotionally until she remembered Bo and I guess that includes how she conceived Bo and who with and how that all came about.  She was fine seeing Trick, until she remembered.

Added (11 Nov 13, 3:39 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Quote Cherrii ()
And I STG you people have ruined me as a Doccubus shipper. Assholes. lol I can't deal with all the Bo/Lauren references anymore, and I was a hardcore shipper! Now I'm just like WHERE THE HELL IS TAMSIN?
I feel the same way, Cherrii. I was a total Doccubi until I saw how they were just completely incompatible from start to finish.  I like when Zoie mentioned in an interview or something how she liked how the show was real, insofar as real love has real heartbreak. Sometimes love can never move beyond tender feelings and passionate trysts.

And then after seeing the potential with Tamsin....There is just so much there waiting to be seen and felt with those two, and there's a compatibility that could never and would never exist with Lauren, emotionally, intellectually and physically.  Also, while I have no doubt all ships will be teased, I don't think the Doccubi will be happy with what happens.  We'll see of course. wink

HT/
Available to users only/HT

Added (11 Nov 13, 3:46 AM)
BTW, I voted "it was enjoyable" because it had a lot of Kenzi.  And Vex.  And Hale.  And Aife. 

Vex's outfit should bump the rating on it's OWN. 

But it certainly wasn't Kenzi Scale awesome or Fae-ge Against the Machine brilliant.  It was just enjoyable for me for what it was....a Bo-less, Tamsin-less void in my soul.  wink

Added (11 Nov 13, 4:05 AM)
Another important point.  We had thought the smoke took Bo, Tamsin and Dyson.  We were wrong.  Dyson stayed in the truck but shifted.  Tamsin however, it looks was smoked away.   Perhaps she and Bo are in the same place?

And the memories being zapped...I had figured the Wanderer did that.  But if I understood correctly, it was the una mens.  Me thinks they don't like the succubus much.

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

Post edited by UberFaenatic - Monday, 11 Nov 13, 3:40 AM

LanieDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 5:56 AM | Message # 23
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
Pre-show: It makes my heart warm seeing the whole cast get along really well. If that's not the case, then they're all really good actors. wink I'd like to hang out with RS. She's endlessly adorkable. happy Thumbs up for DVP question! Thumbs down for the super short blooper reel. Really? I'm sure they've got hours of material of RS alone and all they decide to show us are a few miserable, not even too funny scenes? I hope they put a proper version on s3 DVD.

In Memoriam: It wasn't horrible, but not stellar either. I voted "It was okay".

I can't really say I've ever disliked Dyson (except from when he's in pining-after-Bo mode), but he has climbed several notches for me for worrying about Tamsin. I missed her tremendously, but at least she wasn't completely ignored which gives me a fraction of hope for the next episode. I, too, got confirmed there's no way I could go back watching LG without Tamsin in sight.

Kenzi and Dyson: no thank you. Kenzi and Hale? That's a whole different story. smile I'm glad Massimo hasn't turned her Fae.

My hat off to Mr. Amos for wearing high heel shoes like he's been doing it for ages! How he walked, ran and jumped around flawlessly – r. e. s. p. e. c. t. man! I'd have broken both ankles during the first minute.

As for the famous guest stars, I falsely assumed GT and MK's roles would be bigger. I guess not.

My overall feelings: I'm glad the show's back, but I miss Tamsin.  verysad

Available to users only

Post edited by Lanie - Monday, 11 Nov 13, 7:53 AM

DakaraJayneDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 6:46 AM | Message # 24
Spriggan
Awards: 3
Okay, so I have just watched the pre show and episode 1...

Pre Show: I have to agree with Lanie, I was loving the blooper reel but then it ended after like 5 clips and I was like  shakefist where was RSkar throwing that damn boomerang??? Hopefully a meatier reel on its way! It makes me happy when I see the cast together because they genuinely look like they all get on so well! When the Valkubus question came up I did feel like the answers were lovely but slightly awkward at the same time (kind of nervous in a way?) Like when Anna spoke about Zoie it seemed effortless...Idk it might just be me?

S4ep1: I'm not going to lie I was smiling all the way through watching, probably because its been 84 years *insert gif here*! And I was finally getting my fix ha. However after it finished and I realised there was no TamTam I was like  tears but at least my fav wolf was thinking about her! (I like their partnership-bros!) I agree with Eternal-Dust, the dancing was great & hot but randomly added within the ep. In regards to Denzi weirdface ....that is all.

All in all, I was happy with the episode but as you guys have mentioned LG without Rskar isn't the same! I want to have high hopes that Tamsin will appear in ep2 but I am scared I will be disappointed!

Bo: Nada
Tamsin: Speak for yourself
Me: *Dies*

Post edited by DakaraJayne - Monday, 11 Nov 13, 6:46 AM

SlightlyTwistedDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 11:24 AM | Message # 25
Rakshasa
Awards: 5
I don't know, I kinnda loved the episode, just because of Kenzi. I could watch a whole bunch of nonsense and still enjoy it because of her.
Someone give Ksenia her own show if/when Lost Girl ends!! Actually, just give her all the shows!

The dancing wasn't completely pointless though, it was so she'd get the attention to get the last rose to go and see GT and get the compass. And it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL   

As for Kenzi/Dyson. It didn't bother me much. It felt like Kenzi became a substitute for Bo in his fabricated memories, and I was oddly okay with that, even though my heart will always be with Kenzi/Hale (or Kenzi/single), and that I don't even slightly ship Bo/Dyson. But it is what it is. 

Una Mens have come into the picture I'm gathering, because they favor the old laws, and Bo is the exact opposite of that, and challenging the old ways. So their out is to just remove her. I guess they saw their chance when The Wanderer took her, to just erase her ever having existed. Unless they work with The Wanderer and staged the whole thing with him. Both possible options.

Over all, I enjoyed it, though I hope we get Tamsin back in full force next week to make it even more enjoyable.

Available to users only

LanieDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 12:26 PM | Message # 26
Rakshasa
Available to users only

JTDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 1:26 PM | Message # 27
Kitsune
I'm glad I waited to give my opinion now. First, I wanted to make sure I didn't spoil it for those who hadn't have a chance to watch it last night. Second, I needed some time to cool off and do some thinking because what first popped in my head as the ep was airing wasn't flattering at all. That said, here are my thoughts.

Pre-show:
It was fun. I truly love how the cast interacts with one another. You could see that even though they all get along, it's also clear some are closer than others, which is normal for a large group of people. Love the playfulness between Rachel, Paul, Ksenia and Kris.

It was nice to see DVP's question and I might or might not flailed that it was picked.

Would have loved to see more of Kris's answer about the Wonder Woman bit. He's such a character.

Rachel being all girly as a child and then saying she's a 'dude' now had me giggling like crazy. Too bad she had to leave early...

4x01:
I knew Tamsin wasn't going to be there. I prepared myself for it. Still, it sucked that it was confirmed. I admit part of me was hoping to be wrong.

At first, my reaction was horrible because I wasn't expecting all the characters to be so OOC and over the top.  Kenzi gushing and waxing poetic about what's her face had me nearly throw something against my TV. At least Trick's opinion of her stayed more or less the same and he didn't come up with reasons to defend her. I truly hope this wasn't the much dreaded retcon that has been hinted at since 3x03 and it was just a result of the memory tampering. I also did not appreciate how EA took Ksenia's comment about Kenzi and Lauren being the only humans and thus should stick together from FE and insert it as actual dialogue in the show. I personally don't want someone to be my friend or to agree with me just because we are of the same species or race. I need more than that. Just no. I do love that throughout the ep, Kenzi still felt off. I also love that Kenzi had this sense of déjà vu during the waitress scene with Aife. And Kenzi's line at the end about having a hole in her heart  smile I love how loyal she is to Bo.

Dyson and everyone's reaction to the Taft thing seemed so off and lowkey. You'd think that if he remembered what happened there, he'd be raging about it. Again, I'm hoping this is part of the memory issues because that is very OOC. His sudden love for Kenzi and the make out scenes had this incest feel to it I do like that he still retained the calmness he shows when working a case even though this affected everyone he cared about and himself as well.

I like that Dyson mentioned Tamsin during all this and after he recovered his memory. As I stated in the SC blog, I wonder if they'll show any signs of side effects after having their memories tampered with. I also wonder how long the time jump is. Glad they explained that it was his ability to shift that saved him. I do wonder why we saw the same smoke blowing out of both sides of the truck though.

Hale and his feelings for Kenzi were nice to see. I wonder if the stiffness during while he had lost his memory was his fear of letting Kenzi know because the other two kept referencing it whenever they were being all couple-like.

Vex being his evil and conniving self was nice to see. And at least it they explained why he wanted the memory tampering to remain. I also liked how they show his vulnerability when he admitted to doing certain things just to get his mesmer powers back. Nice to see he's not just there for comic relief anymore.

Glad that they remembered everything that went on after their memory was restored.

I agree that the guest stars were completely wasted. George Takei deserved more than being a snake-like cartoon. Mia Kirshner... at least she'll have a chance to show off her acting chops when she returns because seeing her as this nymph gushing over Dyson had me seething.

The scenes with Massimo were also wasted. I guess it explains Bruce's warning to never trust Massimo. I admit that I'm relieved Kenzi isn't really fae. BUT I do hope they explore more her reasoning to wanting to be one. I'm also curious to see how far she'll go to make this a reality by seeing how far she'll go to find a way to find the right payment for Massimo.

Available to users only
Funny how a few hours gives you a different perspective on things...

"My personality is who I am... my attitude depends on who you are..."

LanieDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 1:46 PM | Message # 28
Rakshasa
Rewatching the pre-show, did anybody catch what PA had said before RS told him to shut up?

UberFaenaticDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 2:24 PM | Message # 29
Rakshasa
Awards: 6
Regarding the time jump, we know it was over a month because Kenzi was fussing at Dyson for going there every day because it's been a month or over a month.   This was in the diner scene with Aife and he bails on them.

Regarding Kenzi and Lauren...it's possible the animosity will not be as big as it used to be but it could be that memory loss affected feelings toward her as well.  Aife was fine with Trick until she remembered Bo and all the things that happened because of it.  Kenzi had issues with Lauren that went beyond bias or whatever and most of them based on Bo.

It took her two seasons to forgive Lauren for spybanging Bo after all.

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

Post edited by UberFaenatic - Monday, 11 Nov 13, 2:33 PM

Eternal-DustDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 2:29 PM | Message # 30
Food > You
Quote Lanie ()
Rewatching the pre-show, did anybody catch what PA had said before RS told him to shut up?

I'm going to watch it again because reasons and try to pick up on it.

Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep. 4x01 "In Memoriam"
Search: