• »
Forum » Lost Girl » Season 3 » Ep. 3x08 "Fae-ge Against the Machine"
Ep. 3x08 "Fae-ge Against the Machine"
SHCDate: Wednesday, 25 Sep 13, 4:43 PM | Message # 1
Bounty Hunter
Group: Administrators
Awards: 10
Fae-ge Against the Machine

Synopsis: What was meant as a much-needed night off for Bo grows into a scavenger hunt in a lawless Dark Fae territory. In Bo’s absence, Trick is placed in a precarious position with potentially dire consequences.

Written by: Alexandra Zarowny 
Directed by: George Mihalka
Original Airdate: March 10, 2013

Eternal-DustDate: Tuesday, 01 Oct 13, 3:50 PM | Message # 2
Food > You
Awards: 11
So I'm unable to wait until we get to this episode to mention this one thing that REALLY IRKS ME. The Brazenwood kiss WAS NOT a result of Trick and Stella making out and touching the machine. If it was, it should have been BO running in to kiss Tamsin. In this instance, Tamsin acted of her own accord (because Bo's victory in that moment was so overwhelming that she threw all caution to the wind. She has feelings for her dammit!). The kiss is valid. Thank you and goodbye!

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

AshDate: Tuesday, 01 Oct 13, 3:55 PM | Message # 3
Bounty Hunter
Group: Users
Awards: 5
Quote (Eternal-Dust)
Brazenwood kiss WAS NOT a result of Trick and Stella making out and touching the machine.
What? If I remember correctly one of the LG writers said that this kiss was a result of Trick, Stella and (creepy) machine.

" Dude, I live in my truck. "

Eternal-DustDate: Tuesday, 01 Oct 13, 3:56 PM | Message # 4
Food > You
Quote (Ash)
What? If I remember correctly one of the LG writers said that this kiss was a result of Trick, Stella and (creepy) machine.

EA said that. Available to users only

AshDate: Tuesday, 01 Oct 13, 3:57 PM | Message # 5
Bounty Hunter
Awards: 5
Available to users only

" Dude, I live in my truck. "

Eternal-DustDate: Tuesday, 01 Oct 13, 3:59 PM | Message # 6
Food > You
Quote (Ash)
EA? Oh.. Well then.. I like your explanation better.

yes

Fangirl-outletDate: Thursday, 03 Oct 13, 9:43 PM | Message # 7
Your face sucks
Awards: 8
Imagine her saying otherwise in a chatroom full of doccubots (yes, I'm stealing Jonana's and J.T.'s wisdom). They demanded an explanation and she went with it. It may be true,but it makes no real sense, so I'd rather give the writer's skills the benefit of the doubt and count it as emotions. Cuz valkubus.

"Why do you care so much!?"

UberFaenaticDate: Friday, 04 Oct 13, 11:40 AM | Message # 8
Rakshasa
Awards: 6
Quote (Fangirl-outlet)
They demanded an explanation and she went with it. It may be true,but it makes no real sense, so I'd rather give the writer's skills the benefit of the doubt and count it as emotions. Cuz valkubus.

My personal interpretation of the scene... is that it was the machine. However, that doesn't make the kiss less valid. 

Here's why.  The machine was connected to both Trick and Bo.  Trick/cause = Bo/effect.

Now look at what was happening.  The specific scene has Stella getting her groove on with Trick as they were celebrating Bo's success in the "double shit" scene.

"You have quite an effect on me."

"What if I did this?"

They kiss...and the camera shows their hands interacting with the machine. 

Next moment has Tamsin launching herself at Bo and kissing her...and Bo reciprocating the kiss.  (That's what drives me nuts for those who try to excuse this as" just the machine." Bo did not push her away. Bo did not stay stiff or uninvolved. Bo was surprised, but then friggin' MELTED into the embrace, holding onto Tamsin and reluctantly letting go when Tamsin pulled away).

So why did Tamsin act if it was the machine? Because I think the machine transmitted attraction through to Bo, amping her natural attractive quotient to eleven.  Basically, just as Trick was irresistible to Stella, Bo was irresistible to Tamsin.  Not to anyone else there in Brazenwood though, just Tamsin, because there is that underlying existing attraction that neither of them could or would admit to given the mountain of obstacles facing them.

I still insist however that writers put these moments in for a reason.  They didn't have to, they could have written Brazenwood entirely differently as they could have written all their other scenes differently.  But they insisted on highlighting a sexual energy beneath the layers of defenses.

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

JTDate: Tuesday, 08 Oct 13, 8:13 PM | Message # 9
Kitsune
Awards: 4
Watching the ep right now... I want to slap Lauren and her little temper tantrum when Bo is late.

But, I don't get why Bo had to lie in the first place. If she can't be honest about something like not being able to be on time because she got tricked into returning a favour to a spriggan, then what hope is there for their relationship?

Oh, and EA's claim that the kiss between Bo &Tamsin was a result of the machine makes no sense. Through the entire ep, the machine only affected Bo. Tamsin initiated the kiss. Not the other way around. Had she said that it caused Bo to kiss back, then she might have a point. So to me, that was just EA trying to appease certain members of the fandom.

Also, no one can say Tamsin was forced to help Bo. That was a choice Tamsin made on her own. I get that some fans tend to be a little overzealous, but at least come up with logical things to keep them from having a meltdown.

Ok, rant over. This is still one of my favourite eps of s3 because we get so much Tamsin... and we get Valkubus moments.  I also agree. A lot of the dialogue and moments weren't needed to get the plot along. I'm still convinced Tamsin has developed feelings for Bo, and the writers and PTBs need to make Valkubus happen. Otherwise, Tamsin wouldn't have reacted the way she did when she realised that Bo is the one she is supposed to deliver to the Wanderer.

One last thing. For someone as smart as Lauren is supposed to be, how in the world was she so easily conned by Taft?

"My personality is who I am... my attitude depends on who you are..."

Post edited by JT - Tuesday, 08 Oct 13, 10:22 PM

Fangirl-outletDate: Tuesday, 08 Oct 13, 9:41 PM | Message # 10
Your face sucks
Quote (UberFaenatic)
My personal interpretation of the scene... is that it was the machine. However, that doesn't make the kiss less valid.  Here's why.  The machine was connected to both Trick and Bo.  Trick/cause = Bo/effect.

Now look at what was happening.  The specific scene has Stella getting her groove on with Trick as they were celebrating Bo's success in the "double shit" scene.

Available to users only
Quote (JT)
One last thing. For someone as smart as Lauren is supposed to be, how in the world was she so easily conned by Taft?

Available to users only

UberFaenaticDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 8:18 AM | Message # 11
Rakshasa
No worries. It's just an alternate interpretation. smile

I think that because how they zoomed in on the machine sparking with Stella and Trick's linked hands right before the Brazenwood kiss was the cue that they were linked.

And for me, it makes sense because Tamsin is much more reserved than that normally.  I can't come up with a moment where she's quite that effusive.  So I felt the machine amped up Bo and essentially gave Tamsin "liquid courage" to do something she normally would not have done because of her standoffish/don't get close to people nature.

I want to emphasize though that I don't believe that de-legitimizes the kiss because what matters isn't how it started.  What matters is how Bo responded to it, meaning she did respond to it. She didn't shove her away or yell at her. She felt the kiss all the way down to her succu-toes and would have kept going had Tamsin not snapped out of it.

And Tamsin, who would have avoided that kind of PDA under normal circumstances, had to have noticed and felt the fact that Bo responded to her kiss and felt that connection right down to her valkyr-toes.

So ... different interpretations but both completely in harmony by recognizing that the kiss was valid and that the result showed that there's more going on than either were free to acknowledge.

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

LanieDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 8:56 AM | Message # 12
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
I also think it was a valid kiss. It might have started because of the machine, but the feelings Tamsin & Bo both displayed during the kiss arose from them alone and had nothing to do with Trick & Stella.

Available to users only

x

UberFaenaticDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 9:03 AM | Message # 13
Rakshasa
Quote Lanie ()
I also think it was a valid kiss. It might have started because of the machine, but the feelings Tamsin & Bo both displayed during the kiss arose from them alone and had nothing to do with Trick & Stella.

I totally agree.  It might have taken the machine to get them to kiss to begin with, but the machine didn't make Tamsin reach up and touch her cheek and it didn't make Bo melt into it.  That was all them and they both know that much.

Quote Lanie ()
Of course we all know that all the opposing theories are coming from the doccubus zone.

No doubt. lol

Fangirl-outletDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 4:45 PM | Message # 14
Your face sucks
Available to users only

UberFaenaticDate: Thursday, 10 Oct 13, 5:23 PM | Message # 15
Rakshasa
The kiss was amazing.  And the fact is, Bo should have been non-responsive or shoved Tamsin away given her relationship with Lauren, who she emphatically states over and over that she loves and her interests are important to her. 

And yet, she was there. In Brazenwood.  Away from Lauren.  Lying to Lauren.  Being extremely responsive to a kiss from Tamsin. 

It's one of those actions speak louder than the repeated claims of loving another.

Forum » Lost Girl » Season 3 » Ep. 3x08 "Fae-ge Against the Machine"
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: