Friday, 19 Apr 24, 3:20 PM
Welcome, Guest | RSS
[ New posts · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Valkyrior, Lanie  
Forum » Lost Girl » Lost Girl General Discussion » Polls Polls Polls (To vote or not to vote.. that is the question.)
Polls Polls Polls
ValkyriorDate: Thursday, 03 Apr 14, 6:19 AM | Message # 16
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
It's obvious Tamsin would win this though.. "Settled battles with the blink of an eye" yes there are some strong competitors, Willow being one of them, and even though she knows what it's like to kill someone, she's no match for a Valkyrie.

I love how they're saying "Katniss won by being smart, so can Lauren" Katniss was not up against Supernatural beings!

as for the helmet and her hair, how about just a headband with the wings attached? that way her hair stays in tact and pretty!

“Tomato juice, celery, vodka. Looks like lunch to me.”

Isabel_QDate: Thursday, 03 Apr 14, 7:13 AM | Message # 17
Drunk Valkyrie
Group: Users
Awards: 13
The head band is ok, but the wings have to be gold, so it will match happy .

When in the game, I already made her armor a long time ago, here's a pic.
This time I guess she can have a better helmet to protect her pretty head, and the body armor is light as a feather and strong as a dragon's hide.

I am totally ignoring the fact that they will be given the same clothes during the game lol.

Added (03 Apr 14, 7:13 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Ohhh, please excuse me, I'm feeling nostalgic, this pic is the first Tamsin the Valkyrie I made (when I started fangirling about her) and It feels like a really long time ago.
Attachments: 4328155.jpg (26.1 Kb)

Post edited by Isabel_Q - Thursday, 03 Apr 14, 7:14 AM

BreathofLifeDate: Thursday, 03 Apr 14, 12:13 PM | Message # 18
Bounty Hunter
Quote Valkyrior ()
Are they assholes for any particular reason? or are they just assholes for the sake of being assholes?

They're assholes because they're threatened. Although I think it's the minority of doccubus fans that are the assholes, all fan bases have a few bad apples.

The problem is the poll isn't voted on by people who actually care about who would win in the arena, it's just a popularity contest.

Post edited by BreathofLife - Thursday, 03 Apr 14, 12:13 PM

ValkyriorDate: Thursday, 03 Apr 14, 1:07 PM | Message # 19
Rakshasa
Well then why don't they just call them popularity contests?

I get its just the minority. But why be childish about it?

BreathofLifeDate: Thursday, 03 Apr 14, 1:18 PM | Message # 20
Bounty Hunter
Most probably because they think people will actually vote for who would do well in the HG or they just don't care and just want the attention for their website. That's all it's about, it just brings in more people and views to their own website.

Oh I know, I'm not justifying their actions. They don't seem to understand that bullying is not okay, I don't know why they have to be so childish to get their point across, it's really pathetic. The problem is you'll never get rid of them, I just ignore the people most of the time rather than fuel their actions because they are just not worth it. They're just generally nasty people that I bet wouldn't be so brave to speak out in person compared to the anonymity that the internet gives them, especially Tumblr with the whole 'anonymous' crap.

ValkyriorDate: Thursday, 03 Apr 14, 1:24 PM | Message # 21
Rakshasa
You speak the truth. It's not ok to demean others for the sake of self enjoyment.

I know a fair amount of doccubus fans in the form of friends, and they can really be rude about it sometimes.

It's sad really, we support the same show. We should be supporting each other.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for punishment. I dunno.
At least the characters I like are doing well for now.

BreathofLifeDate: Thursday, 03 Apr 14, 1:37 PM | Message # 22
Bounty Hunter
I agree, especially over a TV show and fictional characters. Sometimes I think some people just take all of it too seriously. I think there is a fair few of them that definitely become hostile even if you only share your opinion to them which isn't right because everyone's entitled to their own opinion and not everyone has to like the same couple you do. Maybe in an ideal world it would but this isn't that so everyone's going to ship/like whatever different things and there's nothing you can do about it, definitely not stoop as low as bullying and as you said, demeaning others.

That's what I don't get, we all support the same show so why be so aggressive to each other? It's bizarre to me that the different ships that exist on LG are mostly all hostile to each other. What I also hate more than anything is not only bullying other fans but also the celebrities that play the characters because that is just taking everything too far. It's completely cruel and I would say the Doccubus fans are the most guilty ones in that department.

I just don't know what possesses them to be so cruel to the people that create their show and to the people that support their show. Maybe I'm just a sucker for punishment too, I can't decide either.

Yeah, that's true. Rachel's back in Canada for filming and I have no doubt Kenzi will be back in S5 so it's looking good so far, I just don't want to jinx it.

ValkyriorDate: Thursday, 03 Apr 14, 1:46 PM | Message # 23
Rakshasa
I know I'm not going into this season with the highest of hopes. But i'll still be watching it.

I doubt any other shows have these crazy fan problems, everyone has different morals and opinions. So yes not everyone will get along, but in the ideal world people would at least respect each others values.

Am I the biggest ZP/Lauren/Doccubus fan
No. But would I go so far as to demean her and wish her out of a job just because I don't like her character? Hell no.

Isabel_QDate: Friday, 04 Apr 14, 5:17 AM | Message # 24
Drunk Valkyrie
I'm all for character bashing, but not the actress playing the role.
I know its not ZP's fault, it's the writer's, for stringing us, baiting us and making everyone crazy, oh and for shitty writing.
Bullying is wrong and those doccubots should be ashamed of themselves.

BreathofLifeDate: Friday, 04 Apr 14, 10:47 AM | Message # 25
Bounty Hunter
Quote Valkyrior ()
Am I the biggest ZP/Lauren/Doccubus fanNo. But would I go so far as to demean her and wish her out of a job just because I don't like her character? Hell no.

Exactly, that's just being blatantly disrespectful and nasty so I don't know what makes them think it's okay. The actors/actresses are people too, they have exactly the same feelings as us so what gives people the right to attack them, especially those Doccubus fans who think they have the right to do it? I just will never understand people like that nor will I ever respect them.

Quote Isabel_Q ()
I'm all for character bashing

The problem is and I'll completely admit that I'm guilty of character bashing on occasion, I think that flares them up as well. I know it's your opinion of the character so it should be completely okay to share it with other people but I truly don't think they see it that way and then they go on the defensive. Their defensive being childish and aggressive (bullying effectively.) I think it really depends on which social media site you character bash, like on here most of the people all share the same opinion about Lauren so you're a lot less likely to get attacked, so I'm more likely to character bash Lauren on here but if you character bash on Tumblr, which I've seen some people do about Lauren, you better be prepared because they literally come flying at you like wild animals.

I just...I don't know. It's either got to be something that sets them off or they're just genuinely nasty people that don't give a damn about other people's feelings and don't care about the consequences their actions and/or words could cause.

ValkyriorDate: Friday, 04 Apr 14, 4:25 PM | Message # 26
Rakshasa
Quote BreathofLife ()
I just...I don't know. It's either got to be something that sets them off or they're just genuinely nasty people that don't give a damn about other people's feelings and don't care about the consequences their actions and/or words could cause.
I hate to say it, but isn't that what at least 70% of the world is like at the moment? I mean it's not always the case, but a lot of the time people don't think before they act, they are blinded by their own emotions, but there is such a thing as admitting your wrongs and apologizing.

Isabel_QDate: Friday, 04 Apr 14, 11:08 PM | Message # 27
Drunk Valkyrie
Quote BreathofLife ()
They are just plain nasty.
And narrow minded, and crazy...you shouldn't associate yourself with those kind.
Character bashing is ok to me bcoz its fictional, its not real, I do have boundaries and would never disrespect the actress behind it bcoz it's not her fault that her character sucked, it's the writers.
And admitting your wrong and apologizing b'coz you hurt someone is the normal behavior and that's what separates us from the other savage animal kingdom.

Anyway, its highly probable that some doccubots brains are not yet fully developed, that's why (immatures).

Added (04 Apr 14, 11:08 PM)
---------------------------------------------
To be completely honest, since I'm not a ZP fan, I might have dismissed her in the past, said something.., but I never said anything to demean her, I always just dismissed her and not really talked about her, bcoz I don't care about her character and not really interested in what the actress do in the real world.

I'd rather dismiss her, ignore her and not talk about her at all, than waste my time  saying or writing something hateful about her and make the doccubots cry.

Post edited by Isabel_Q - Saturday, 05 Apr 14, 4:00 AM

BreathofLifeDate: Saturday, 05 Apr 14, 3:04 AM | Message # 28
Bounty Hunter
Quote Valkyrior ()
I hate to say it, but isn't that what at least 70% of the world is like at the moment?

Very true and the majority of those people certainly do not apologise for their actions if they are in the wrong.

Quote Isabel_Q ()
To be completely honest, since I'm not a ZP fan, I might have dismissed her in the past, said something.., but I never said anything to demean her, I always just dismissed her and not really talked about her, bcoz I don't care about her character and not really interested in what the actress do in the real world.

Exactly but at least you only dismissed her...you didn't go around on twitter having a go and wishing her out of her job like some doccubus fans do to Rachel because she's a threat. A fictional threat. I actually don't mind ZP at all, I just dislike her character and her abusive fans, I wouldn't start yelling abuse at her about her character and her fans because she has hardly any control over it. As you said, why waste your time? Obviously they have a lot of time on their hands though so maybe they need to get a job or another hobby.

Isabel_QDate: Saturday, 05 Apr 14, 4:30 AM | Message # 29
Drunk Valkyrie
Quote BreathofLife ()
Exactly but at least you only dismissed her...you didn't go around on twitter having a go and wishing her out of her job like some doccubus fans do to Rachel because she's a threat.
uh, because that's mean? and evil? and crazy? and a cowardly act? come to think of it...doccubots do share similar traits with Lauren.

Quote BreathofLife ()
As you said, why waste your time? Obviously they have a lot of time on their hands though so maybe they need to get a job or another hobby.
There are just people that are really mean spirited hon, I actually wanted to live my life without hate as much as possible and focused on things that made sense. My hobbies should be something I actually enjoyed and bullying and waging war on internet is not one of them.
I usually stays away from that part of the internet... I don't have the stomach for it.
And even though I don't strictly practice Catholicism, I still uphold some of its values- " Don't do unto others what you don't want others do unto you" and the funny one "If someone throws a stone at you, throw a [piece of] bread back"

ValkyriorDate: Saturday, 05 Apr 14, 7:14 PM | Message # 30
Rakshasa
Quote BreathofLife ()
because she's a threat. A fictional threat.
Fictional being the key word there, what exactly is going to happen to them if Tamsin wins a poll on the internet?

I highly doubt it's going to change the world in any way.

Forum » Lost Girl » Lost Girl General Discussion » Polls Polls Polls (To vote or not to vote.. that is the question.)
Search: