[ New posts · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Lanie, Valkyrior  
Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep. 4x12 "Origin"
Ep. 4x12 "Origin"
Isabel_QDate: Tuesday, 04 Feb 14, 1:48 AM | Message # 16
Drunk Valkyrie
Group: Users
Awards: 13
Tay, I have full confidence that Tamsin will not allow Bo to die. She "got her" back.
The prophecy made sense, once the Wanderer's deceit is revealed, Bo will end him.

Kenzi is super hurt to demand Bo to unclaimed her. This is sad.

UberFaenaticDate: Tuesday, 04 Feb 14, 3:36 AM | Message # 17
Rakshasa
Awards: 6
Quote Zoriah ()
I currently don't want Bo with anyone. She's got a lot of work to do to make up for how she's treated everyone - especially Kenzi and Dyson. At least this season she's had some good moments with Tamsin, but it's like she's not even on the radar. Which I also hate.
This. Times a thousand. lol  She needs to get her head screwed on straight first.

However... Regarding Rainer.  We now have insight that he is in fact evil.  From the promo, I took a screencap of Lauren reading the prophecy as it was appearing on the page and zoomed in on the text.  Take a look:

Added (04 Feb 14, 3:36 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Here's what I see:

Bi-healde the daemon beest of Evil pur,
Gast of fanged toothe and horned forheedis,
Nefor to be traysted,
Hem they call Rainer,
Whan a thousynde yeeris schal be endid,
He schall be [unboundun?],
To wreken torment bionde comparisonn,
And bi-traeye the Fay.

My rough translation from what I see: "Behold the demon beast of pure evil, a fanged tooth ghost with a horned forehead, never to be trusted. Him they call Rainer. When a thousand years shall be ended, he shall be [unbound?], to wreak torment beyond comparison, and betray the Fae"

He has now been "unbound" by Bo who was deceived into breaking the curse...and now...Bo is still defending him against those who speak against him and is completely unreasonable where he is concerned.

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

Post edited by UberFaenatic - Tuesday, 04 Feb 14, 5:08 AM

SirGladiatorDate: Tuesday, 04 Feb 14, 5:42 AM | Message # 18
Squonk
Awards: 0
Wow, thanks for figuring all that out, that is super impressive!  And very insightful information there smile .  So this would seem to suggest that perhaps Tamsin's memory is just off?  She remembered the Wanderer being evil, but her inability to recognize him never made any sense.  But we know that he has the ability to see far into the future, so perhaps he altered his appearance in her presence, so she wouldn't be able to recognize him when the time came?  Or perhaps her memory of his appearance got messed up as part of the rebirth process?  Either way, it's fascinating information!

Isabel_QDate: Tuesday, 04 Feb 14, 8:49 AM | Message # 19
Drunk Valkyrie
Awards: 13
Thanks for all the work M.B.!
That's super informative!

TayDate: Tuesday, 04 Feb 14, 9:04 AM | Message # 20
Spriggan
Awards: 2
Wow, that's awesome Uber. My opinion is that Rainer is a tool to the Wanderer, he wanted Bo to unbound Rainer (hence Tamsin not recognizing him, plus the "appearance" of the Wanderer we got from season 3 finale does not fit Rainer) so he could bring havock to the Fae-world, and for the prophecy to come true. I seem to recall a scene from season 3 where Bo spoke with that ''under-world" voice, there was something about rulling the world together, and apparently Bo is a Queen now. And Rainer has not been sincere with his intentions. The Wanderer might even have approached him while he was captive from the train.

What's bugging me is that when remembering what happened on the train with Rainer, things were inconsistent with the beginning of the season. LG writers once again having problems staying on track or indication that Bo has definitely been brain-washed ? I mean she jumped off the train, whereas she was told by Rainer that if she did she would be a prisonner of another realm. And she was supposed to not remember things once she was out of the train, whereas in the beginning of the season she didn't know where she was while still on the train.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to this one. They finally hooked me again a couple episodes ago and made me want to find out more, too bad it came so late in the season. Also Tamsinpalooza was promised to me, what more do I need *wink*

Post edited by Tay - Tuesday, 04 Feb 14, 9:06 AM

UberFaenaticDate: Tuesday, 04 Feb 14, 9:24 AM | Message # 21
Rakshasa
I think Bo's memories were screwed.  We saw for ourselves a wide variety of inconsistencies... from Bo and how she and the maid behaved in 4x02..

To her angering and terrifying memories from Of all the Gin Joints....

None of which paint a happy, perfect scenario.

SirGladiator 
Or perhaps her memory of his appearance got messed up as part of the
rebirth process? Either way, it's fascinating information!

Well, I was wondering...Trick recognized Rainer on sight, but Tamsin did not.  So what if Tamsin saw the demon beast of pure evil, with horns and fangs?  We now know Rainer can look super hot and super evil.  So it could be that Rainer is the Wanderer is her boss, and she simply saw the evil incarnation, not super hottie guy.

Added (04 Feb 14, 9:24 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Here's something specific that suggests the memories from Waves are not real. In Sleeping Beauty School, Bo grabs the maid who regards her as a stranger. This supposedly happens AFTER the memories from Waves. And notice Bo jumped from the train and didn't evaporate...which is what the maid in her Waves memory told her would happen if she jumped between stops. (Bo reiterated that she believed in her Waves memory that leaving would kill her: "Impossible? Like a magical train that travels through other dimensions and kills you when you try to leave it?")

[Bo's banging on the door and the maid rushes in]
Maid: Shh! You'll awaken him!
Bo: Him?
Maid: I-I don't think I can say.
[Bo glows her]
Maid: Beautiful eyes. Both brown and blue. You're the one!
Bo: What is this place? Who is 'he'?
[The train shakes]
Maid: You made him angry! This is all your fault!

Next time we see Bo, she's knocked out the maid and is taking her chi.

Bo: Just enough. Just enough to get out.
[Bo kicks open caboose door] Bo: It's time to go.
[Bo jumps off of train]

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

Post edited by UberFaenatic - Tuesday, 04 Feb 14, 9:36 AM

TayDate: Sunday, 09 Feb 14, 2:45 PM | Message # 22
Spriggan
Awards: 2

SlightlyTwistedDate: Sunday, 09 Feb 14, 3:43 PM | Message # 23
Rakshasa
Awards: 5
Lets hope she is!!

ZoriahDate: Monday, 10 Feb 14, 1:25 AM | Message # 24
Kitsune
Awards: 7
HT/ Available to users only/HT

ChickaChiDate: Monday, 10 Feb 14, 2:50 AM | Message # 25
Squonk
Awards: 1
This show is really revolving around the Doccubus army. A lot of Doccubus fans wanted Levony BUT only in a sexual way. If there were feelings involved, they would've ripped EA a new one. But of course EA won't do that to her Doccubus fans.

Tamsin and Dyson are basically what Bo has left at the moment. They know a lot it seems about this "the one" stuff. I really hope Bo sees through Lauren's "i do this for you!" and moves on. I fear EA is too into the Doccubus fandom and will not have any other endgame for Bo other than Lauren.

Tamsin better have a huge ass role in the finale to make up for EA's Tamsinpalooza comment. She was featured more in 4x11, in this episode she was featured somewhat...but really? This is no Tamsinpalooza!

LanieDate: Monday, 10 Feb 14, 3:37 AM | Message # 26
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
How low can this show sink? It's become a big pile of cheap shit. The fans couldn't care less about Rainer and Bo spends most of the penultimate episode of the season with him instead of the regular gang. I don't get what's the point of all this. Should we feel enraged intentionally? Is alienating the fans from the show the writers' big plan? Because if not I desperately need someone to explain to me how on earth should I take this crappy season so that I could still be invested in the show. 

Tamsinpalooza  my ass. Just to give us false hope and drag us along. If they by any chance kill Tamsin off (I still highly doubt it), I'm SO done with the show, because she's THE ONLY reason I'm sticking around.

ZoriahDate: Monday, 10 Feb 14, 5:05 AM | Message # 27
Kitsune
Awards: 7
Available to users only

BreathofLifeDate: Monday, 10 Feb 14, 5:27 AM | Message # 28
Bounty Hunter
Well, this episode was average at best...to me it felt like Tamsin was just put into those scenes so that she wasn't scrapped from another episode although I'm still glad they put her in there anyway. The entire episode felt like it was completely focused on Rainer and Bo, who at this point in time I couldn't care less about. No other TV show has made me dislike the main character as quickly as LG but right now, I just find myself not at all caring of what Bo's doing or who she's with because I've found that she's been nothing but selfish this entire season. I thought she might improve at the season progressed but she hasn't and to be honest I don't even want Valkubus to happen at this point because I can't stand what she's turned into.

I felt sorry for Kenzi this entire episode, once again she was dropped to the background so Bo could deal with her own problems and I don't blame her for wanting to be unclaimed. I would've liked more interaction between her and Tamsin actually because I was surprised when there weren't any scenes of them two together.

Lauren gave it a nice try with the whole 'it was all for you.' crap, looked like it backfired for her. Massimo's getting on my wick. I'm wondering if Bo's father is actually going to be a good villain or another Garuda along with Massimo. Vex annoyed me and I actually felt sorry for Evony. I wasn't particularly interested by this episode as it went on needless to say.

‘Lost Girl’ Talk: “Origin”

Oh and the whole announcement by EA isn't a S5 renewal, I didn't find anything particularly of interest in that whole interview but I thought I'd post it incase anyone wanted to read it.

LanieDate: Monday, 10 Feb 14, 11:51 AM | Message # 29
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
SC 4x12 blog

UberFaenaticDate: Monday, 10 Feb 14, 11:55 PM | Message # 30
Rakshasa
I'm just disappointed right now in general.  SO....you know.

Available to users only

Also, I'm very distressed by Lauren's behavior in the episode.  I talk about it here if anyone's interested:

http://uberfaenatic.tumblr.com/post....ions-in

And Tamsin was pretty in the 30 seconds of screen time she had.

Still bitter.

Post edited by UberFaenatic - Monday, 10 Feb 14, 11:58 PM

Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep. 4x12 "Origin"
Search: