[ New posts · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Lanie, Valkyrior  
Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep. 4x05 "Let the Dark Times Roll"
Ep. 4x05 "Let the Dark Times Roll"
UberFaenaticDate: Monday, 09 Dec 13, 4:15 AM | Message # 31
Rakshasa
Group: Users
Awards: 6
Several important things happen in this episode.

First of all, we learn more about the una mens and their relationship with the Blood King, who became corrupt and gave up his daughter, Aife, to appease them.  We also learn that he betrayed them and turned his back and refused to become one of them as he had promised.

We learn a ton about Vex.  I loved hearing him talk about his family and why he joined the dark.  And now he's got one hand...but, they have it on ice, so are they going to try to heal it and reattach?

While the doccubi scream reunion, the reality is Lauren made it clear in no uncertain terms again that she sees no future for her and Bo.  She is at peace with where she is now and Bo is continuing to lie to herself if she thinks there is a legit path for them to be reunited for anything more than random sexy times.

Next, Tamsin is adorkably socially awkward still, even in this incarnation which is still very innocent and a blank slate.  I hope the next time we see her, she starts to remember and we see her edging it up again.  But seriously...the whole dance thing was a riot.  She didn't seem to recognize Evony either btw.  

Another point...she's claimed Bruce and of course will free him.  But she's distressed that she caused her rival to die...and the last scene with her listening on Bruce and Kenzi talk, was very special.  She's hopeful in a way the last incarnation of her was not.

Trick will become the new acting Ash.  Wow.  And his scenes were some of the best I've seen with him.

Lastly, we now know the name of Bo's father: Rainer.  Who he is and what that means...no idea.  lol

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

BreathofLifeDate: Monday, 09 Dec 13, 4:18 AM | Message # 32
Bounty Hunter
Awards: 4
Quote Isabel_Q ()
Tamsin dancing! Ahhhh ha ha ha Yes Lanie I saw the ABS!

That was definitely the best part of the episode and those ABS

Quote Isabel_Q ()
I felt like, where not going anywhere in this triangle drama. It takes most of the screen time and still, its not going anywhere. And I don't like Bo messing with people feelings and leading them on.Not fair.
I just want Tamsin to be happy, I would like her to grow up already and fight for Bo.

I loved how Lauren was all like 'I'm not mad at you.'...hold up a minute, weren't you the one who broke it off with Bo, then went and worked with Taft and then chickened out and ran away...and all she says is, 'I'm not mad with you.'
BITCH I COULD KILL YOU RIGHT NOW

But then Bo's just apparently forgotten everything she did and how she hurt her and everything's all good with them and is continuing to lie to herself that everything is okay with them, now they suddenly can't get off of each other...WTF? 

Post edited by BreathofLife - Monday, 09 Dec 13, 4:20 AM

tankedtamsinDate: Monday, 09 Dec 13, 4:44 AM | Message # 33
Spriggan
Awards: 0
I loved Tamsin she was adorable in this episode. Her and Kenzi were a riot during their dance routine.

Isabel_QDate: Monday, 09 Dec 13, 7:24 AM | Message # 34
Drunk Valkyrie
Awards: 13
Quote BreathofLife ()
But then Bo's just apparently forgotten everything she did and how she hurt her and everything's all good with them and is continuing to lie to herself that everything is okay with them, now they suddenly can't get off of each other...WTF?
 Yes, exactly my sentiment!

Seriously  
Don't kill me but maybe its love? Bo does love her, I mean the potion worked. Love is blind after all.
I don't like it, but maybe Tamsin is better off with someone else...
Someone hot, with no baggage and can be hers only! Sharing suckz!

Added (09 Dec 13, 7:24 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Did anyone notice the look that Evony gave to Tamsin?. She called her warrior princess. She definitely know shes reborn. Anybody got chills by that look?, its like shes planning something! or maybe I'm just like seeing things now...  confused

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Monday, 09 Dec 13, 7:26 AM | Message # 35
Kitsune
Awards: 5
I'm actually starting not to care who Bo will be with, cause her character becoming more and more unappealing. Tamsin and Kenzi are only ones saving the show to me, with a sprinkle of our favorite dark Fae Morrigans. Seriously her jumping over Lauren is kinda unrealistic after everything that happened, maybe her love is blind but also stupid and this kind of love doesn't last.

Added (09 Dec 13, 7:26 AM)
---------------------------------------------
so if Tamsin claimed Bruce as I heard, is he human??

Isabel_QDate: Monday, 09 Dec 13, 7:38 AM | Message # 36
Drunk Valkyrie
Awards: 13
Quote ValkyrieLiquorCabinet ()
I'm actually starting not to care who Bo will be with, cause her character becoming more and more unappealing. Tamsin and Kenzi are only ones saving the show to me, with a sprinkle of our favorite dark Fae Morrigans. Seriously her jumping over Lauren is kinda unrealistic after everything that happened, maybe her love is blind but also stupid and this kind of love doesn't last.
YAY! I'm not the only one! 

And P.S Whoever said sharing is love is delusional. I will not share!

BlubluDate: Monday, 09 Dec 13, 2:12 PM | Message # 37
Squonk
Awards: 1
I loved the first part of the ep... Then it just got all doccubus-y .... Seriously the moment they see each other, you could have had added little flowers and birds and pathetic song and it would have been perfect.. I mean come on...

But yeah there's only one reason to this reunion : to please the biggest fandom --' and I do get it because I have this policy mainly because of Once Upon A Time that the writers should always be aware of what the fans want because well without them there's nothing left.... If the OUAT writers did that maybe the ratings wouldn't be so low... But whatev's

Lastly, we now know the name of Bo's father: Rainer.  Who he is and what that means...no idea.  lol

Uh... Did I miss something ? How do we know it's her father ? Could be anyone for me, like his servent or something...

LanieDate: Monday, 09 Dec 13, 2:19 PM | Message # 38
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
405 Showcase blog - if you want to share your thoughts with the PTB.

Fangirl-outletDate: Monday, 09 Dec 13, 4:58 PM | Message # 39
Your face sucks
Group: Administrators
Awards: 8
Quote Blublu ()
Uh... Did I miss something ? How do we know it's her father ? Could be anyone for me, like his servent or something...
It's mostly just implied that it's her father, considering he was the one who took her, but EA kind of confirms it in the post episode interview.

My thoughts on this episode. Hm.
Like Blublu said, the first part of the episode was good. It felt like lost girl, it looked like lost girl, things were fine... and then they had to go and ruin the feel by making Bo some pining lovesick fool who holds no respect for herself or her friends. It's as if she forgot everything that went down. 

Bruce, Kenzi,and Tamsin. Omg what a cute group. I'll admit that the dance sequence and all was very interesting and adorable, but one thing really bugged me: that was a life or death situation. Tamsin could very well have died and Kenzi was practically shoving her into the ring. I get that Kenzi is probably aware of Tamsin's true power and how deadly she can be, but that doesn't change the fact that an episode ago Kenzi was all "you looked at my baby wrong?", and now she's willing to let her fight to the death. I don't think this has at all changed their relationship, it just seemed like a bit of a slip up in regards to the continuity of everything (btdubs this show has to have the worst continuity ever). Imagine if the coin had flipped heads, and Kai had chosen instead to duel with swords or something. Tamsin may be powerful, but at this point she's still an untrained kid who wants nothing more to hang out, watch X-files, eat, and dance. So that was a bit unsettling.

And on top of that, Tamsin's reaction to killing her opponent (though it probably should've been made a heavier moment) was heartbreaking. Poor Tam-Tam.

Available to users only

Yay! for Evony being a total bitch again. God I love her.

Yay! for Vex's backstory -- though him losing his hand is a bit of a bummer.

Available to users only

And to top everything off, what the hell is with this season 2/3 Dyson-esque version of Bo? She's lost all regard for her own independence. She willingly takes the blame of everything and sees Lauren as this sort of all-good being who never does wrong. It's disgusting. How am I supposed to follow a main character that has no respect for herself when it comes to her romantic relationships? If she can't deal with her own domestic problems and enemies, then how is she to legitimately deal with her true foes? Can we have the independent, caring, and open minded Bo back please?

Also, she is such a terrible influence on Tamsin. "You can be whatever you want to be" --> "THE DARK SUCK WTF." Poor Tamsin is getting some major mixed signals here, and she must think she was some sort of terrible, murdering human being from all the nonsense that Bo spews about the dark. What the hell happened to being unaligned? At least Kenzi admits that they're really no different than the light. At this point, I want Bo as far away from Tamsin. When she straightens her shit back, she can return and they can get married and have imaginary babies.

End rant.

"Why do you care so much!?"

UberFaenaticDate: Monday, 09 Dec 13, 5:29 PM | Message # 40
Rakshasa
Awards: 6
I have an alternate opinion of what we saw with Bo.

Her behavior with Lauren is not an anomaly, given what we've seen of Bo.  That's not to say that it should continue for very long, but one or two episodes of her acting like an idiot are perfectly in character.

Let's review her romantic history, which is a disaster area.  She only experiences her first real grown up love with Dyson in Season 1.  She didn't understand what she felt when he broke things off the first time and Kenzi had to walk her through the stages.

In Season 2, Dyson breaks it off with her and she tries for at least another episode or two to try to win him back, even threatening to force him to love her by enthralling him.

She's idealized Lauren in an unhealthy way but again, let's put this in context.  Lauren is her first human lover who she didn't kill.  Lauren knows about who and what she is and doesn't fear her.  In fact, when Bo is beating herself up for Kyle, Lauren is there to reassure her again.  

So I get why she's idealized her...but Lauren cannot withstand that kind of blind adoration.

But look at what's been going on with Bo.  Starting with her Dawning, to Lauren dumping her and disappearing, to Dyson being fae-napped, to her fight with Tamsin, to being smoked away in the Dal...

It's like she said to Kenzi.  Everything in her life is confusing to her...and she never imagined her bestie would be a part of that confusion.  

So she sees Lauren right after finding that necklace and I think Bo is grasping onto a lifeline.  See? It's all good.  No permanent injuries. Everything can go back to what it was.  This one thing can make sense again.

So she ignores everything that happened with Lauren. Ignores the break up. Ignores Taft. Ignores her being with the Morrigan...because she needs one thing to make sense again...one thing to not be crazy in the midst of her world being tossed around.

And for a chunk of this episode, she was drugged with a very strong hallucinagen, which took her off her rocker. lol

So I'll give her a break for now.  Given Bo's past reactions to breakups, she is not acting out of character.  But if it continues for too many episodes, they'll do unheard of damage to her as a character.

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

Fangirl-outletDate: Monday, 09 Dec 13, 5:48 PM | Message # 41
Your face sucks
I can understand why she's sort of being so blind and childish about all of this, but again, it's hard to follow a character that has no respect for herself. This blind faithfulness makes her blind to the faults of her partners and makes her blind to the actions that they commit towards her or in regards to her that have ultimately caused trouble or hurt. Her "lifeline", as you put it, keeps throwing her for a loop.

My point being, how many times must she go through this before she finally realizes just where the faults lie? Before she stops taking the blame for things she had absolutely no control over and before she stops sitting there like a doormat. The way Lauren speaks to her in that scene is degrading, harsh, and beyond ridiculous, and for a main character who is meant to be as strong and independent as Bo to just sit there and take that... well, it's a bit upsetting. If this is how she is every other second with the same two people over and over again, why even bother with the shipping?

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Monday, 09 Dec 13, 5:51 PM | Message # 42
Kitsune
Quote Lanie ()
405 Showcase blog - if you want to share your thoughts with the PTB.
WOW they are addressing Team Valkubus on a main blog on Showcase, that's a good sign right?

Fangirl-outletDate: Monday, 09 Dec 13, 5:55 PM | Message # 43
Your face sucks
Quote ValkyrieLiquorCabinet ()
WOW they are addressing Team Valkubus on a main blog on Showcase, that's a good sign right?
Well, they kind of dismissed it. "Valkubus, meetin Kamsin. Bais" sort of thing. But I suppose it could also be a good thing.

BlubluDate: Monday, 09 Dec 13, 5:57 PM | Message # 44
Squonk
Awards: 1
You are absolutely right.

I don't really like this story line but as you said Bo is total love disaster, I mean that's basically what the show's about, and now she more lost than ever...

But hopefully she'll put this behind her and like after all her big breaks, have a casual little arc with someone else    

*cough*tamsin*cough*

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Monday, 09 Dec 13, 6:06 PM | Message # 45
Kitsune
Available to users only

Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep. 4x05 "Let the Dark Times Roll"
Search: