Awards: 11
Available to users only

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

SlightlyTwistedDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 2:48 PM | Message # 33
Rakshasa
Group: Users
Awards: 5
There's often (some) truth in jokes. And it's hard not to speculate a little, if in her doing so, she is on a more or less conscious level trying to secure her position. Because what is Lauren without that connection to Bo? Especially now that she no longer works for the Ash (I am assuming that part of her life is over).

LanieDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 2:50 PM | Message # 34
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Available to users only

Eternal-DustDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 2:57 PM | Message # 35
Food > You
Group: Administrators
Available to users only

UberFaenaticDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 5:17 PM | Message # 36
Rakshasa
Awards: 6
Quote ValkyrieLiquorCabinet ()
I know ZP was sarcastic and shit, and I do love her humor, but her being against Tamsin/Bo or Tamsin (she spoke up in the interviews before as well) even in joking form is a bit baffling and annoying. I get the joke but there is certain group of crazies who take her every word sacredlike ya know, and it's just pretty much divide the fans further.
Well they're crazy. lol  People with the kind of dry sarcastic wit that Zoie has have to be especially careful because people will take them seriously if they're not careful.[hide=2][/hide]

I should know, because I am like that myself and I have to work to be especially emotive now because I'm more sensitive than I used to be about how people respond to my sarcastic, dry, smart ass mouth.

That said...let me give you all a flip side thought.

Zoie in her humor was treating Tamsin as a rival for Bo's affections. Rolling her eyes, vocalizing outbursts, etc.  She didn't behave that way with or about Dyson, just Tamsin.

And the two questions regarding Bo's relationships were what, Bo and Lauren and Bo and Tamsin.

I think she might have been unintentionally signaling Tamsin's possible significance this season in Bo's affections as a rival of Lauren's.

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

Post edited by UberFaenatic - Monday, 11 Nov 13, 5:29 PM

DakaraJayneDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 5:26 PM | Message # 37
Spriggan
Awards: 3
Available to users only 
Omg, you are a genius!...I couldn't have said it any better myself!  yes

Bo: Nada
Tamsin: Speak for yourself
Me: *Dies*

UberFaenaticDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 5:32 PM | Message # 38
Rakshasa
Random question.  How many episodes has Mia Kirshner been slated to appear in?  Do we have any confirmation?

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

Eternal-DustDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 5:35 PM | Message # 39
Food > You
Not quite sure, but she will appear in the next episode as well.

UberFaenaticDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 9:25 PM | Message # 40
Rakshasa
Okay so I just realized something from the preshow...which maybe should have its own thread :P

The blooper reel moment with Tamsin and Bo from Kenzi Scale is clearly one that ended up on the editing floor, but we learn something about Tamsin:

Bo:  So what are you really?

Tamsin: Something you can't kill, Bo-Bo.

Did you all catch that?

Eternal-DustDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 10:57 PM | Message # 41
Food > You
Yup. I guess they wanted to keep their options open. I really want to see all the outtakes. I'm sure there are lots more Bo/Tamsin bonding scenes that we never got to see. sad

UberFaenaticDate: Monday, 11 Nov 13, 11:20 PM | Message # 42
Rakshasa
Quote Eternal-Dust ()
Yup. I guess they wanted to keep their options open.
Perhaps, or perhaps it was just cut for time.  As I know you know, sometimes shows run long and they have to cut out character development/relationship scenes in order to fit timewise.

That's what I choose to believe. wink

ZoriahDate: Wednesday, 13 Nov 13, 2:38 AM | Message # 43
Kitsune
Awards: 7
It wasn't nearly as bad or fraught as I'd envisioned.  It was fun; a different take on reality while not totally departuring from the core of each character. Yes, some things jarred, like Kenzi supporting Lauren, but I didn't feel too annoyed by that because over-all, it made a weird sense within the confines of whatever memory spell they were enslaved to.

Anyone who thinks Bo opened her eyes only because of 'Amber's' exclamation and not because Dyson and Kenzi risked everything (even their love) to break the curse once and for all is delusionial. Psychic, my flipping ass. We're soon going to find out that Tamsin was also activated by it.

So huzzah those characters actually trying to get to the truth and make a difference, not just.....serving fries with their head down. rolleyes

Post edited by Zoriah - Wednesday, 13 Nov 13, 2:41 AM

Fangirl-outletDate: Thursday, 14 Nov 13, 10:42 PM | Message # 44
Your face sucks
Awards: 8
Quote Zoriah ()
It wasn't nearly as bad or fraught as I'd envisioned.  It was fun; a different take on reality while not totally departuring from the core of each character. Yes, some things jarred, like Kenzi supporting Lauren, but I didn't feel too annoyed by that because over-all, it made a weird sense within the confines of whatever memory spell they were enslaved to.
My biggest issue was really Kenzi. There were a few Kenzi moments in the episode that just didn't fit the Kenzi bill. EA tried to pass it off as Kenzi not being Kenzi without Bo, but from the pilot episode we know exactly what Kenzi was like before she met Bo. Kenzi, in my opinion, is not dependent on Bo -- and Bo isn't dependent on Kenzi. They're large parts of each other's lives, but one does not make the other. Without Bo, Kenzi would just be a less jubilant and loved Kenzi. Furthermore, the entire back story was really random. If they were going to do a no Bo thing, I feel like it would've been better had it been the way things were when they met. Maybe Hale is partnered with Dyson, solving crimes, and Kenzi's off stealing things -- maybe she stumbles upon the fae on her own. I mean, there had to have been these massive holes in their back stories, which I suppose could be explained away by the fact that they wouldn't know anything missing because of the spell (and that the spell makes them unsuspecting), but my point is simply that the way they chose to do it was, quite frankly (in my opinion), boring, AU, and OOC. Only a few parts of the episode snagged my interest. 

Available to users only

Overall, though, the episode didn't suck. It just didn't feel right. I felt like I was watching a cheap knock off of Lost Girl, or reading one of those AU fan-fictions that I can never bring myself to read. But I suppose it lined things up for answers to be given, so it wasn't all bad. And we did get a test-run of Denzi, just to see what it might be like. Meh.

"Why do you care so much!?"

SirGladiatorDate: Friday, 15 Nov 13, 5:30 AM | Message # 45
Squonk
Awards: 0
I thought Kenzi was still Kenzi, yes she was stealing from Trick but that's because she had no connection to him without Bo.  Same with Lauren, she could be friends with Lauren because the reason she didn't like Lauren was directly related to Bo.  Even finally acting on her feelings for Dyson was because there was no Bo to prevent it.  The rest of it was just classic Kenzi, doing the 'job' for Aife because of the amount of money offered, doing whatever it takes to get the item they needed to break the spell, etc and of course all the awesome humor smile

Overall I really liked the episode, but that's because I like Dyson and Kenzi together, I think whether you like or dislike them as a couple would have to go a long way toward deciding whether you liked or disliked the episode, because without Bo and Tamsin in the episode there really wasn't a whole lot else to keep you interested.   For me, they were awesome, they were great together and they did a great job of being the stars of the episode.  I think the most important thing I learned from the episode was that Kenzi 'is' what Dyson 'wants' Bo to be.  She's someone who loves only him, she's someone who genuinely wants and needs his protection, and not for nothing, she's also quite high on the attractiveness scale smile .  I always liked the 'idea' of Dyson and Kenzi, but now that we've actually seen them together I 'really' like them as a couple.

The rest of the episode was fine, I do agree the guest stars were a bit under-used, especially Mia, but the dance scene was awesome, Dyson saving Kenzi was great (as was his little love-speech he gave to her at the end), and at least we got a couple mentions of Tamsin, most importantly there at the end, that was nice.  The thing with Kenzi and Massimo was disgusting, I hope Tamsin gets to play a role in ending him once and for all, that would be awesome.  I knew Bo and Tamsin weren't in the episode before I watched it so my expectations were low going in, but I was really pleasantly surprised by how good the episode was.  Hopefully things will just keep getting better as we get Tamsin back, then we get her back to her regular adult self, and hopefully start taking Valkubus to the next level smile .

Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep. 4x01 "In Memoriam"
Search: