Thursday, 28 Mar 24, 5:37 PM
Welcome, Guest | RSS
[ New posts · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Valkyrior, Lanie  
Forum » The Dal Riata » The Bar » The Gaming Thread (for all the video game nerds out there)
The Gaming Thread
AshDate: Saturday, 19 Apr 14, 11:16 AM | Message # 256
Bounty Hunter
Group: Users
Awards: 5
Man, I haven't been here in a while... Maybe it's time to come back. Well, anyway, I'm playing Fallout 3 lately. I know it's a lot worse than New Vegas, but I want to finally finish it and the DLCs. Also, I've been playing DayZ Standalone, too. If you guys don't know what it is - check it out ASAP, although it's only for PC.

" Dude, I live in my truck. "

IsabelQDate: Tuesday, 22 Apr 14, 3:20 AM | Message # 257
Drunk Valkyrie
Awards: 1
Hi Ash! it's been a long time indeed.
I know we didn't talked before, but you're one of the first members and I'm glad you came back. smile
DayZ Standalone seemed to be a zombie game, it looks like Resident Evil kinda but brighter and vast... is it good?

Post edited by IsabelQ - Tuesday, 22 Apr 14, 3:20 AM

AshDate: Tuesday, 22 Apr 14, 5:40 AM | Message # 258
Bounty Hunter
Quote IsabelQ ()
Hi Ash! it's been a long time indeed.I know we didn't talked before, but you're one of the first members and I'm glad you came back. smile
Thank you smile

It's not really like a Resident Evil game. First of all, it's MMO, but, not like any other MMO you might have seen.
In DayZ everyone is the enemy, both zombies and other players. You're playing as one of the survivors of zombie apocalypse. You need to find food or you'll starve. You need to find something to drink or... yeah, you'll be dead, too.
You also have to find some new clothes. It's like zombie apocalypse simulator - you do what you have to do in order to survive. But if you're killed... then you have to start again. Without the equpiment you've had earlier. It's really fun, especially when you're playing with friend, because in DayZ you can't simply trust some random person - one wrong move and you'll be killed. More times because of players than zombies. You know, I'm not really sure how to explain what DayZ really IS. It's just like nothing I've seen before, it's truly something unique.

Check this out:

Anyway, game is still in Alpha version, so developers are still adding new stuff, like more weapons, different kind of food, they'll soon add some cars, hunting for food etc etc.
Overall - DayZ. Is. Amazing. The best 20€ I've ever spent, even if game is still in Alpha process.

IsabelQDate: Tuesday, 22 Apr 14, 7:00 AM | Message # 259
Drunk Valkyrie
Whoa!  the zombie apocalypse simulator part blows me away!
That's amazing! and kinda awesome, like a walking dead game he he...  happy

Added (22 Apr 14, 7:00 AM)
---------------------------------------------
I don't think my pc can handle such heavy games...it might lag.. sniff

ValkyriorDate: Tuesday, 22 Apr 14, 7:22 AM | Message # 260
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
That game looks amazing! I think i might get it!

welcome back Isabel  hug

“Tomato juice, celery, vodka. Looks like lunch to me.”

IsabelQDate: Tuesday, 22 Apr 14, 7:59 AM | Message # 261
Drunk Valkyrie
Waaaaah! ikr?
I've been blocked for a reaaaalllllly loooooong tiiiiime!
I thought I was losing my mind!
Actually my old "Drunk Valkyrie Isabel is gooooone", I cannot retrieve it, hopefully Erara can migrate it to this new account. happy

Added (22 Apr 14, 7:59 AM)
---------------------------------------------
I'm really envious, my laptop or pc probably cannot handle these games... but then, I never really got used to the pc's keyboard while gaming...oh well, will have to wait for it to come to ps3 or ps4.

BreathofLifeDate: Tuesday, 22 Apr 14, 8:58 AM | Message # 262
Bounty Hunter
Quote Ash ()
Man, I haven't been here in a while... Maybe it's time to come back. Well, anyway, I'm playing Fallout 3 lately. I know it's a lot worse than New Vegas, but I want to finally finish it and the DLCs.

Hi Ash, I know we've never spoken but I'm glad you've returned and it's nice to meet you! I agree about Fallout 3, it's so much worse, I played it for a while but gave up eventually and went back to NV. DayZ is amazing, I haven't played it personally but I've seen it a few times plus one of my friends have it. One of the best zombie apocalypse simulators out there, I might get it sometime soon.

IsabelQ, after hearing about all of your problems trying to log in, I hope you can get your 'drunk Valkyrie' status moved over to your new account smile

Valkrior, did I see you say that you were becoming a pc gamer now? Traitor wink
I wish I could but unfortunately I will never be as good at games on the pc as I am on the console.

Isabel_QDate: Tuesday, 22 Apr 14, 9:06 AM | Message # 263
Drunk Valkyrie
Awards: 13
hehehe I got it back Ems! 
I think uID got some technical problems and the remind password link that I've requested was sent 2 days late...anyway, I still love them coz Brazenwood...  happy

I'm really hungry, I'll talk to you guys later!

BreathofLifeDate: Tuesday, 22 Apr 14, 9:09 AM | Message # 264
Bounty Hunter
Yeah, I just saw on the artwork thread haha! I'm glad you got it back smile

Isabel_QDate: Tuesday, 22 Apr 14, 9:13 AM | Message # 265
Drunk Valkyrie
Awards: 13
lol

AshDate: Tuesday, 22 Apr 14, 9:29 AM | Message # 266
Bounty Hunter
Quote IsabelQ ()
I don't think my pc can handle such heavy games...it might lag.. sniff
I don't know about your pc, but mine is a big pice of shit. Literally and yet... I can play DayZ pretty smoothly and it still hasn't been properly optimized. And that means game will run even better later.
Quote BreathofLife ()
Hi Ash, I know we've never spoken but I'm glad you've returned and it's nice to meet you!
Thank you, and likewise!

Quote BreathofLife ()
One of the best zombie apocalypse simulators out there, I might get it sometime soon.
Do that, get this game. It's really pretty awesome. I still remember one of my first days there. I was at the airport to get some military stuff and I saw some random guy. I activated my microphone and said " Don't move! Weapon on the ground and hands on your head. " He did exactly what I wanted and then... I killed. I know, I'm a horrible person lol

Well, if anyone wants to buy DayZ you need steam, because only there is early acces, which means, you can play in Alpha Stage.

And here's my Steam Profile, so... feel free to invite me smile
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198034755858/

ValkyriorDate: Tuesday, 22 Apr 14, 11:49 AM | Message # 267
Rakshasa
Quote BreathofLife ()
did I see you say that you were becoming a pc gamer now? Traitor
I am ashamed  no

BUT I've been waiting years to trade in my crappy laptop for something better, plus I can FINALLY play StarCraft 2 (suuuper late to the party on this one) but I've been playing it for 2 days straight to make up for lost time.
I like my strategy games, they get my brain working better than Console games do.
I'm sure there will still be some games I will use the console for, but right now my love lies with the PC  wink

I'm going to download DayZ a bit later, actually really excited to give it a go, thanks Ash!

AshDate: Tuesday, 22 Apr 14, 11:51 AM | Message # 268
Bounty Hunter
Quote Valkyrior ()
I am ashamed no
Shhh. Don't listen to them! PC gaming is more fun cool And you're welcome, I'm sure you'll love DayZ!

ValkyriorDate: Tuesday, 22 Apr 14, 1:38 PM | Message # 269
Rakshasa
I just got steam today, here's my profile smile

And thanks, PC gamers unite!

Link

BreathofLifeDate: Wednesday, 23 Apr 14, 3:20 AM | Message # 270
Bounty Hunter
Quote Valkyrior ()
I am ashamed

I'm only messing with you haha, sometimes you just can't beat the PC when it comes to gaming.

Quote Ash ()
Do that, get this game. It's really pretty awesome. I still remember one of my first days there. I was at the airport to get some military stuff and I saw some random guy. I activated my microphone and said " Don't move! Weapon on the ground and hands on your head. " He did exactly what I wanted and then... I killed. I know, I'm a horrible person

That's exactly the kind of thing I'd do but you've got to do what you have to, to survive, right? That's always my excuse anyway lol

I'll add you both on steam when I get home later today, unfortunately I can't get DayZ for the next couple of weeks since I need the money but hopefully after I'll be able to get it. Plus I have exams so I really don't need to be getting distracted haha.

Forum » The Dal Riata » The Bar » The Gaming Thread (for all the video game nerds out there)
Search: