Tattoos and Body Mods
ValkyriorDate: Monday, 03 Mar 14, 11:08 AM | Message # 1
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Exactly what the title says;
Show yours off
Show us what you'd like
Anything and everything body mod related.

Even if you find something online that's pretty/funny/awesome in any way, post it here!

“Tomato juice, celery, vodka. Looks like lunch to me.”

ValkyriorDate: Monday, 03 Mar 14, 11:08 AM | Message # 2
Rakshasa
Quote BreathofLife ()
I'm dreading when I get my tattoo in a few weeks, I'll soon find out just how much it hurts though.
It's not too bad at all, but it does depend on where you're getting it and how high your pain threshold is  surprised

BreathofLifeDate: Monday, 03 Mar 14, 11:09 AM | Message # 3
Bounty Hunter
Group: Users
Quote Valkyrior ()
It's not too bad at all, but it does depend on where you're getting it and how high your pain threshold is

Ah, I've been told that one before. It's on my wrist so I know it's one of the more painful areas and I'd like to think my threshold is pretty high but I'm sure I'll find out in a few weeks, I'm looking forward to seeing what it's like considering my friends are being complete drama queens over it smile

ValkyriorDate: Monday, 03 Mar 14, 11:09 AM | Message # 4
Rakshasa
Wrist isn't too bad! smile Then again the one on my wrist i got done years ago, but from what i remember it just stung a little. Good luck though, tattoo time is exciting time!

My next one is going to be a Marvel character, who is also a Valkyrie, and who..strangely enough, looks like Tamsin.

Isabel_QDate: Monday, 03 Mar 14, 11:09 AM | Message # 5
Drunk Valkyrie
Awards: 13
Valkyrior, you have one too?
I feel like I want one too, but, but, the paiiiiiiin!  
Does it feel like when you give blood sample? bcoz that's painful and I was traumatized!

SlightlyTwistedDate: Monday, 03 Mar 14, 11:09 AM | Message # 6
Rakshasa
Awards: 5
Quote BreathofLife ()
It's on my wrist so I know it's one of the more painful areas

I imagine the wrist to be much like the lower part of the leg, where there's not a lot of fat between the skin and the bone. 
If so, it's not really that bad. For me it both tickled and hurt a bit, but the tickling was worse, because that made it harder to sit still. 

I've also had a tattoo done on one of my fingers, and I hardly felt that at all. It's was just like a little pinchy feeling. 

What are you getting?

Isabel_QDate: Monday, 03 Mar 14, 11:09 AM | Message # 7
Drunk Valkyrie
Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
I've also had a tattoo done on one of my fingers, and I hardly felt that at all. It's was just like a little pinchy feeling.
A finger tattoo? that's cool! If it doesn't hurt much, I would like that yes

Added (03 Mar 14, 9:37 AM)
---------------------------------------------
SlightlyTwisted, if you don't mind telling us, what do you have? esp on the finger?

ValkyriorDate: Monday, 03 Mar 14, 11:09 AM | Message # 8
Rakshasa
Not at all, you don't feel like the needle is pushing into your skin, I have a full leg piece in progress and several on my arms and back.  I want more though!

I'd prefer the pain of a 4 hour tattoo sitting over a 20 second piercing. If anything it feels like something sharp is scratching you. the outline is always my least favorite. Also you'll eventually adjust to the pain, and your artist will probably talk to you to keep your mind off it too smile

Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
 Did yours fade at all? the one i had done on my finger faded really quickly sad

This lovely lady is on my next list

Isabel_QDate: Monday, 03 Mar 14, 11:10 AM | Message # 9
Drunk Valkyrie
She looks amazing! smile
Cool!
Reminds me of someone...

ValkyriorDate: Monday, 03 Mar 14, 11:10 AM | Message # 10
Rakshasa
Quote Isabel_Q ()
Reminds me of someone...
I WISH she'd dress like that!!

Maybe we should make a tattoos and body art thread?

Post edited by Valkyrior - Monday, 03 Mar 14, 9:58 AM

Isabel_QDate: Monday, 03 Mar 14, 11:10 AM | Message # 11
Drunk Valkyrie
Guys, I need to go.. I need to eat, gobble someone something... for nourishment.. lol.
Nice talking to you all

Added (03 Mar 14, 10:01 AM)
Quote Valkyrior ()
I WISH she'd dress like that!!
If she's dressed like that, I wouldn't be able to catch what shes saying, I will be busy looking at her you know what..

Post edited by Isabel_Q - Monday, 03 Mar 14, 11:59 PM

SlightlyTwistedDate: Monday, 03 Mar 14, 11:10 AM | Message # 12
Rakshasa
Awards: 5
Quote Isabel_Q ()
SlightlyTwisted, if you don't mind telling us, what do you have? esp on the finger?

I have a cats head on my left shoulderblade, a rose on my right calf, a venus sign on my right boob, and a triquetra on my right hand ring finger smile

Quote Valkyrior ()
Did yours fade at all? the one i had done on my finger faded really quickly
Yes, it's faded, to look kind of dark green-ish instead of black :/ Plus I couldn't keep my fingers off it when it was healing, so at some places where I picked at the scabs it's almost completely gone. Luckily that's on the inside of the fingers though, so not that visible.

BreathofLifeDate: Monday, 03 Mar 14, 11:10 AM | Message # 13
Bounty Hunter
Valkyrior hmm, she definitely looks like Tamsin, which of course just makes the tattoo even cooler, I'd be more than happy if she dressed like that. Scrap the storyline, I'd be too dazed to even pay attention to it! Yeah, my dad's said the outline's the worst part and he's had both of his arms done fully so I tend to take his advice seriously.

Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
What are you getting?

Well I've always thought that if I ever get a tattoo done, I'm going to get something that means a lot to me since once it's done, it's staying there forever. So, I've always stood up against bullying and I do a lot of charity raising and helping out around my school with kids that have/are being bullied (that kind of thing) so I've decided to have 'Stand up' written in small calligraphy across my wrist. Whether I get another one depends on how it goes the first time.

Oh and thanks you two for sharing your experiences with getting a tattoo, it's put my mind more at rest smile

Post edited by BreathofLife - Monday, 03 Mar 14, 10:13 AM

ValkyriorDate: Monday, 03 Mar 14, 11:10 AM | Message # 14
Rakshasa
Quote BreathofLife ()
I've decided to have 'Stand up' written in small calligraphy across my wrist. Whether I get another one depends on how it goes the first time.
That sounds really beautiful! You'll love it then smile

I find that even if it hurts (my most painful area so far has been just below the knee) the result just makes it worth it! you'll look at it once it's done and totally forget that it may or may not have been sore smile

Isabel_QDate: Monday, 03 Mar 14, 11:11 AM | Message # 15
Drunk Valkyrie
Quote BreathofLife ()
Well I've always thought that if I ever get a tattoo done, I'm going to get something that means a lot to me since once it's done, it's staying there forever. So, I've always stood up against bullying and I do a lot of charity raising and helping out around my school with kids that have/are being bullied (that kind of thing) so I've decided to have 'Stand up' written in small calligraphy across my wrist. Whether I get another one depends on how it goes the first time.
tears That's beautiful!

Added (03 Mar 14, 10:19 AM)

Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
I have a cats head on my left shoulderblade, a rose on my right calf, a venus sign on my right boob, and a triquetra on my right hand ring finger
blink , I feel like a noob, I don't have any :/

Added (03 Mar 14, 10:31 AM)
Oi, oi, who is the new Rakshasa in the house?
M E !
rockon

Forum » The Dal Riata » The Bar » Tattoos and Body Mods
Search: