Thursday, 25 Apr 24, 3:03 AM
Welcome, Guest | RSS
[ New posts · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Valkyrior, Lanie  
Forum » Lost Girl » Lost Girl General Discussion » Rant!! (A place to vent your frustrations about the show)
Rant!!
SlightlyTwistedDate: Monday, 10 Mar 14, 7:14 AM | Message # 16
Rakshasa
Group: Users
Awards: 5
Oh wow, what idiots! 
And have their numbers increased as significantly since the captcha?

SlightlyTwistedDate: Monday, 10 Mar 14, 7:14 AM | Message # 17
Rakshasa
Wow, I just went to check the poll, and holy shitballs, what has this turned in to? I am ashamed that the doccubots is what fronts the Lost Girl fandom. Ashamed!!

Valkubus is in the top 10 though, so, yay smile

Super excited for filming to start in a month. I wonder if they'll actually try to make it seem like Ksenia isn't on set. It won't last for long, I bet.

Isabel_QDate: Monday, 10 Mar 14, 7:14 AM | Message # 18
Drunk Valkyrie
Awards: 13
200 dollars?

BreathofLifeDate: Monday, 10 Mar 14, 7:15 AM | Message # 19
Bounty Hunter
Awards: 4
Quote Isabel_Q ()
200 dollars?

It's beyond pathetic but have you seen the arguing beneath the poll? They're so delusional it's entertaining!

Isabel_QDate: Monday, 10 Mar 14, 7:15 AM | Message # 20
Drunk Valkyrie
I didn't delve in the comments section but I will check it out, I love comedy! biggrin

SlightlyTwistedDate: Monday, 10 Mar 14, 7:15 AM | Message # 21
Rakshasa
Lost Girl won the Fan choice awards at Canadian Screen Awards today, and Zoie Palmer won Screen Star. 
Good for LG, but what bullshit that ZP won. That award should have gone to Ksenia. She's by far the best one on that show, and Zoie can't hold a candle to her.
I despise the doccubots for this, since we could send in nominations.  I honestly do. This is how they're trying to sway the writers, and completely ignoring not only talent, but also who and what truly makes this show. 
If it was up to them, I bet this would be the doccubus show. And as much as I prefer Valkubus, I know that the Bo and Kenzi friendship is what it's really all about, and ships don't matter half as much. Plus, this show would be nothing without Ksenia.

Isabel_QDate: Monday, 10 Mar 14, 7:15 AM | Message # 22
Drunk Valkyrie
What?
I cannot believe this shit!
S4 high lights KENZI and KSENIA delivered a Golden Globe worthy performance!, hands down the no.1 best actress of the show. I'm outrage on KS behalf! This is BS!
If anyone was not moved by her/bo scene after Hale died, then you are a robot!

Ksenia is so versatile and  talented that I can't.. I just can't..
She should have won that award.
HT/ Available to users only/HT

Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
I despise the doccubots for this, since we could send in nominations. I honestly do. This is how they're trying to sway the writers, and completely ignoring not only talent, but also who and what truly makes this show. If it was up to them, I bet this would be the doccubus show. And as much as I prefer Valkubus, I know that the Bo and Kenzi friendship is what it's really all about, and ships don't matter half as much. Plus, this show would be nothing without Ksenia.
You speak of the truth my friend.

If they bore us with the same doccubus scenes again & again, I'm sure the ratings will suffer b'coz people will get irritated of watching the same drama over and over again!

Added (10 Mar 14, 0:23 AM)
---------------------------------------------
HT/ Available to users only/HT

SlightlyTwistedDate: Monday, 10 Mar 14, 7:15 AM | Message # 23
Rakshasa
20 000 votes/nominations came in for ZP. They doccubrats really do go all out to win absolutely everything. And what are they even fighting so bloody hard for? It's not like doccubus will ever go anywhere, despite how much some of us want it to..... 
I think I sent in 2 nom's each for Ksenia and Rachel. 
Maybe next time, I'll do what they do, and sit all day sending in nom's. Fucking assholes.

Isabel_QDate: Monday, 10 Mar 14, 7:15 AM | Message # 24
Drunk Valkyrie
No, don't do that, it will turn you into a crazyyyy
HT / Available to users only  /HT

Added (10 Mar 14, 1:12 AM)
---------------------------------------------
I'm really wondering why I didn't like her? b'coz I love nerds & geeks!
Temperance Brennan (fav), Simmons, Hudgins are a few...& I love all of them!
HT/
Available to users only/HT

Thank god for the fast forward button!

Post edited by Isabel_Q - Monday, 10 Mar 14, 11:39 PM

SlightlyTwistedDate: Monday, 10 Mar 14, 7:16 AM | Message # 25
Rakshasa
Lol, I wouldn't actually spend any real amount of time voting for anything. I don't have the patience for that. I'm just so frustrated right now. 

Life was much easier before the internet, when fans didn't have so much say, and the writers told their own stories, instead of fanservicing, and being persuaded by the most vocal fraction of the fandom, even though they by far don't represent all of us.
I could deal with doccubus and Lauren/Zoie much better, if I knew this was the story the writers intended to tell all along, and that they weren't going by popular demand.

Anyway, I'm gonna go to bed. Far too much hate coursing my veins right now, so I should step away from the computer before I become unreasonably bitchy.

Isabel_QDate: Monday, 10 Mar 14, 7:16 AM | Message # 26
Drunk Valkyrie
lol, just got back from client meeting..
Have a good night sleep. smile

ValkyriorDate: Monday, 10 Mar 14, 7:16 AM | Message # 27
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
Available to users only 

Also would anyone object to a separate thread being put up for Ranting? as this (as much fun as it is) isn't really S5 related.

“Tomato juice, celery, vodka. Looks like lunch to me.”

Isabel_QDate: Monday, 10 Mar 14, 7:16 AM | Message # 28
Drunk Valkyrie
Go, you have my blessings.

SHCDate: Tuesday, 11 Mar 14, 9:59 AM | Message # 29
Bounty Hunter
Group: Administrators
Awards: 10
I guess I may be in the minority here on this one. But the fact is they voted 20,000 times for her. Our ship could have done the same but let's face it, it's a hassle and most Valkubi I've met simply don't care or have the patience to do that. So I can't hold them reponsible for getting their fave an award because we are simply not willing to do the same and frankly we come off as sounding butthurt. The award she won has nothing to do with talent or anything of the like it's a Fan Favorite award voted by the fans. So if we are talking talent yes, Ksenia deserves that one but this was basically another poll.

I do have an issue when said wins are used to push for more Doccubus or whatever. Plenty say it's cause they love the actress and that may be true to some but I have also read plenty yelling they need to win these things to assure more Doccubus or endgame. The fact the show let's stuff like this sway their story is what truly infuriates me. No set of fans should have more or any say on where the story goes. Not Doccubus, not Valkubus and not Dybo.

ValkyriorDate: Tuesday, 11 Mar 14, 10:19 AM | Message # 30
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
Shows were so much better when writers didn't give a sh*t what the fans wanted, I can just imagine the mess Buffy would have been in if the fans had anything to say about who was with who, people died, ships sank and not a single rage was seen.

Yes, ok social media and whatnot these days makes it easy for fan interaction, But there is such a thing as taking it TOO far and having a show not make any sense because it's just fanservice fanservice fanservice.

“Tomato juice, celery, vodka. Looks like lunch to me.”

Forum » Lost Girl » Lost Girl General Discussion » Rant!! (A place to vent your frustrations about the show)
Search: