Tuesday, 19 Mar 24, 3:39 AM
Welcome, Guest | RSS
[ New posts · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Valkyrior, Lanie  
Forum » Lost Girl » Lost Girl General Discussion » You're not like anyone I've ever met (...in any of my many lifetimes.)
You're not like anyone I've ever met
Eternal-DustDate: Sunday, 06 Oct 13, 3:58 PM | Message # 16
Food > You
Group: Administrators
Awards: 11
What ep did they just film before they had the Expo? Because this gives me the feeling that there hasn't even been an ounce of Valkubus up until then, judging by Anna's reaction. I don't know...I'm just so paranoid and anxious right now.

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

UberFaenaticDate: Sunday, 06 Oct 13, 4:09 PM | Message # 17
Rakshasa
Group: Users
Awards: 6
Quote (Eternal-Dust)
people want to see new things being explored, not more of the same.
And thus was the essence of my really, really LOOOOONG post about Bo's ships.  lol  I think the other relationships were important and should have been explored...but I think that given the setup, given how they wrote and gave us bath scenes and Brazenwood and Kitsune...that they set it up so that Tamsin's pendulum swung the entire opposite way from hate to love to make the reveal that Bo was her mark and her imminent betrayal that much more angsty...

It just seems weird that they'd drop all of that and go back to the three sided thingie.

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

omaloraDate: Sunday, 06 Oct 13, 11:35 PM | Message # 18
Bounty Hunter
Awards: 4
Quote (UberFaenatic)
Like in her interview at the Expo, Anna treated the idea of Valkubus as an afterthought and seemed even a little off her game when asked about it.

Which Expo was this? I haven't watched many vids.

Quote (UberFaenatic)
The fact that they keep talking up the triangle and disregarding or even dissing the Valkubus idea means they're either going to really go there...or they're going to take things into a completely different direction.  And I don't trust them to be clever enough to pull of that level of coyness for the latter.

This is my thoughts in regards to the whole leeks and Twitter pics. Either those two have got pressure on them to not let ANY spoilers out or there really hasn't been any Valkubus going on. 'Cause you know.. pics of them in the same room and the fandom will explode.

UberFaenaticDate: Monday, 07 Oct 13, 6:18 AM | Message # 19
Rakshasa
At the very end of this:

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

Post edited by UberFaenatic - Monday, 07 Oct 13, 6:19 AM

Eternal-DustDate: Monday, 07 Oct 13, 12:32 PM | Message # 20
Food > You
Quote (omalora)
This is my thoughts in regards to the whole leeks and Twitter pics. Either those two have got pressure on them to not let ANY spoilers out or there really hasn't been any Valkubus going on. 'Cause you know.. pics of them in the same room and the fandom will explode.

Well, I don't know. Rachel seems to be all excited about it. Either Anna is really good at acting dumb or there hasn't been any Valkubus going on at all...  nervous

UberFaenaticDate: Monday, 07 Oct 13, 3:25 PM | Message # 21
Rakshasa
I'm sorry...I'm not understanding.  Rachel is excited about what? She's pro-Valkubus from what I've seen so are you saying she's excited about the season in general and Anna is playing dumb or... (insert confused face here)

Eternal-DustDate: Monday, 07 Oct 13, 3:30 PM | Message # 22
Food > You
I'm sorry. Let me rephrase. Rachel seems excited about Valkubus in general now ("Well, like, how about Team Valkubus?") but Anna acts surprised or is thoroughly confused half the time whenever it is mentioned or brought up in interviews. I'm referencing the FE interview where one person mentioned the Brazenwood kiss and she almost didn't even understand what they were referring to. So, I don't know. I'm just as confused as she is.

UberFaenaticDate: Monday, 07 Oct 13, 4:30 PM | Message # 23
Rakshasa
Ah.  Well good then because i'm confused too. lol  Before getting involved in online fandom, I would have been surprised watching S4 and seeing little to no Valkubus since they seem to be pointing into a direction where that was the next logical step.  But now, I'm just not sure what the heck is going on.  I just have to hope they don't screw over Valkubus in the name of keeping the sunken Doccubi alive.

omaloraDate: Monday, 07 Oct 13, 7:05 PM | Message # 24
Bounty Hunter
Quote (Eternal-Dust)
Anna acts surprised or is thoroughly confused half the time whenever it is mentioned or brought up in interviews.

If I were to base this off of just the interview Uber linked, in my opinion she appeared to be trying to come off as more.. aloof? Maybe that's just me.

Fangirl-outletDate: Monday, 07 Oct 13, 9:58 PM | Message # 25
Your face sucks
Awards: 8
Quote (omalora)
If I were to base this off of just the interview Uber linked, in my opinion she appeared to be trying to come off as more.. aloof? Maybe that's just me.

Available to users only

"Why do you care so much!?"

Eternal-DustDate: Tuesday, 08 Oct 13, 1:05 PM | Message # 26
Food > You
Available to users only

Fangirl-outletDate: Tuesday, 08 Oct 13, 9:59 PM | Message # 27
Your face sucks
Awards: 8
Quote (Eternal-Dust)
Like I said, I'm not sure if she's really good at acting that she doesn't care. And why would Rachel be all enthusiastic about it while Anna is not if there hasn't been any Valkubus moments whatsoever? Mixed signals are mixed.

I'm really not sure what to think. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what really happens. Wehh.

"Why do you care so much!?"

marieksparkleDate: Tuesday, 08 Oct 13, 10:48 PM | Message # 28
Squonk
Awards: 2
with all the other questions she had to think before answering and she always went blank for a short while before starting to smile.

when he asked about the Valkyrie she had def the same kind of blank face  and like raised eyebrows before she starts laughing again and after that she just seems uncomfortable. I would interpret this as having been pressured to not only not talk about it but not show anything. like no communication at all be it verbal or mimicking or anything. 

I know someone who is in the know about micro expressions and what they can tell about what someone's thinking. definitely have to go and buy some white chocolate and trick her into telling me what she thinks is going on there.  

also I don't understand why they go on about the triangle... I thought that when she got together with lauren and dyson didnt tell her about his love and she saying they are only friends and so on that everything had been resolved. in my mind when they talk about triangles it's always about bo, lauren and tamsin. or have I just subconsciously totally ignored everything related to dyson in the 3rd season?!

omaloraDate: Wednesday, 09 Oct 13, 2:49 PM | Message # 29
Bounty Hunter
Quote 1828
when he asked about the Valkyrie she had def the same kind of blank face  and like raised eyebrows before she starts laughing again and after that she just seems uncomfortable. I would interpret this as having been pressured to not only not talk about it but not show anything. like no communication at all be it verbal or mimicking or anything.

Those were pretty much my thoughts as to her reactions.

marieksparkleDate: Wednesday, 09 Oct 13, 6:17 PM | Message # 30
Squonk
Awards: 2
ok showcase posted something on their site  http://www.showcase.ca/blogs....howcase

and when they talk about the cast Tamsin isn't even mentioned :

Lost Girl stars Anna Silk as the lovable succubus Bo; Gemini Award-winner Ksenia Solo as Kenzi, Bo's human sidekick and street-smart confidante; Kris Holden-Ried as Dyson, the shape shifting homicide detective and noble warrior of the Light Fae; Zoie Palmer as Lauren, the brilliant human doctor who competes with Dyson for Bo’s affection; Rick Howland as Trick, Bo’s grandfather and the ancient and mysterious Blood King; and K.C. Collins as Hale, Dyson’s partner and a light Fae siren born of noble blood. Paul Amos returns as the ever devious Dark Fae Mesmer, Vex, and Emmanuelle Vaugier reprises her role as the deliciously evil Dark Fae leader, The Morrigan. 

which is weird, isn't it?!  now I'm confused and sad. starting to doubt my interpretation of those facial expressions  sadblinky

Forum » Lost Girl » Lost Girl General Discussion » You're not like anyone I've ever met (...in any of my many lifetimes.)
Search: