Thursday, 28 Mar 24, 2:25 PM
Welcome, Guest | RSS
[ New posts · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Lost Girl » Characters » The Wanderer (Bo's father. Tamsin's former(?) employer. Who is he?)
The Wanderer
UberFaenaticDate: Sunday, 08 Dec 13, 8:07 AM | Message # 1
Rakshasa
Group: Users
Awards: 6
There's been a lot of talk about who the Wanderer is online...some speculating he is Odin.  But I'm starting to wonder if that truly is the case.  Some are also speculating that the Wanderer is also Tamsin's father, but I don't think he is given the cues we've received so far, such as the dark kitsune gingers who seemed to suggest that her involvement with him is a new thing and a very unwelcome thing.

Then there's Tamsin, who referred to the Wanderer as Bo's father before trying to kill him.  She apparently didn't know he could smoke himself out of existence.

We also know from The Kenzi Scale that she's there on special assignment because she "pissed off the wrong people".  Well, who?  It's also clear that she think she's supposed to kill Bo, and as the Harbinger of Death ("I lived with death") that seems to make sense too. 

But the Wanderer...does he live on the death train? If so, for how long?  How did he end up with Aife?

And then there's the horse picture Trick uncovered.  How is that related?

On the death train, the maid seemed in awe of Bo's eyes, which were both brown and blue, and of course we know that's how Tamsin referred to Bo as well.  Is there some sort of prophecy with that reference that both Tamsin and the maid are familiar with?

So who is the Wanderer?  Is he Odin, or some dark Norse god?  I know very little about Norse mythology so if he is a Norse deity, I wouldn't know where to start.  smile

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

LanieDate: Sunday, 08 Dec 13, 8:57 AM | Message # 2
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
I'm pretty sure even the showrunners don't have answers to half of the questions you posed. wink

The one thing we know for sure from Tamsin is that The Wanderer is Bo's father. Whether he's really Odin or not and if as such is also Tamsin's father (as she's a Valkyrie) I'm not so sure. I don't think Tamsin's blood-related to him, she was only hired for different assignements.

UberFaenaticDate: Sunday, 08 Dec 13, 9:28 AM | Message # 3
Rakshasa
Quote Lanie ()
The one thing we know for sure from Tamsin is that The Wanderer is Bo's father. Whether he's really Odin or not and if as such is also Tamsin's father (as she's a Valkyrie) I'm not so sure. I don't think Tamsin's blood-related to him, she was only hired for different assignements.
Yeah that's my sense too, Lanie.  Even if he is Odin though, that doesn't mean he is Tamsin's father.  I've seen different interpretations of the roles the valkyrie have and some of them have nothing to do with being sired by Odin.  So I don't take that as a given.  But then like I said above, I'm not even confident Bo's father is Odin.  I do sense he is dark...does anyone know Norse mythology to break down various dark gods to see if any of them make sense?  Especially if they are involved in Ragnarok, which a few folks in the Season 4 spoiler thread suggested might be coming.

Why did the Wanderer take Bo?  Was she on the death train the entire time?  Unconscious the entire time? What for?

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

SlightlyTwistedDate: Monday, 09 Dec 13, 7:49 PM | Message # 4
Rakshasa
Awards: 5
Quote UberFaenatic ()
So who is the Wanderer?  Is he Odin, or some dark Norse god?  I know very little about Norse mythology so if he is a Norse deity, I wouldn't know where to start.

In norse mythology there are many gods for many different things, but I wouldn't say there's one particular dark god, or a dark god at all for that matter, to my knowledge. That's not to say that they're all good, but they're just gods over different things, and good vs. evil isn't really an issue. It's more .. family against family kinnda deal.

There is a god that rule the realm of death though, which is like the only thing I can think of being even close to this death train and the wanderer at this point, but she's a woman, a goddess. And her name is Hel. Bo could end up being her though, as Hel is described as being half blue, and half skin colored. It fits with Bo's eyes being both brown and blue. Plus the whole thing about her deciding who lives and dies when she went all super-succubus that one time.
If that's the case, Loke would be her father. But I don't see how he fits with being the wanderer.

Edit; Reading up on wiki, she is said to be half black, half flesh colored. But norwegian sources say half blue. So... I am inclined to believe that.

2nd edit;

Post edited by SlightlyTwisted - Monday, 09 Dec 13, 8:36 PM

UberFaenaticDate: Wednesday, 18 Dec 13, 12:13 PM | Message # 5
Rakshasa
[code][/code]Well we know his name is "Rainer" but what that means in a broader context is beyond me.  Clearly the Una Mens recognized what they saw when they pulled his name up in the King's book.

Added (18 Dec 13, 12:13 PM)
---------------------------------------------
So I started to wonder again if The Wanderer/Rainer is Odin...especially after seeing that crown with Isabeau's name on it.

I've been doing research, and I found two sites that referenced the valkyrie as the daughters of Odin.  But each clarified that to mean the foster-daughters of Odin...not his literal children.

Just wanted to point that out.  wink

Post edited by UberFaenatic - Wednesday, 18 Dec 13, 12:19 PM

BlubluDate: Wednesday, 18 Dec 13, 1:39 PM | Message # 6
Squonk
Awards: 1
Rainer: as a boy's name is pronounced RAY-ner. It is of Old German origin, and the meaning of Rainer is "deciding warrior". Variant of Raynor and Ragnar (Ragnarök?).

-> Ragnar: as a boy's name is of Old Norse origin, and the meaning of Ragnar is "judgment warrior".

Also, Ragnar sounds a lot like "Régner" in french -> to reign. So it must have a common latin/ Norse root...

But this is interteresting, it fits the Odin theory but Rainer could also be an "ordinary" king of something...

UberFaenaticDate: Wednesday, 18 Dec 13, 2:18 PM | Message # 7
Rakshasa
Very interesting, Blublu.  It seems we have several hints that suggest/support the Odin and Ragnarok theories so far. smile

Forum » Lost Girl » Characters » The Wanderer (Bo's father. Tamsin's former(?) employer. Who is he?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: