Bounty Hunter
Group: Users
Awards: 4
Maybe it's Aife surprised

Fangirl-outletDate: Saturday, 05 Oct 13, 11:50 PM | Message # 92
Your face sucks
Group: Administrators
Awards: 8
Not sure I could go back to the show without Tamsin. Maybe I'd jump in from time to time for Kenzi, but yeah... though I doubt it'd be Tamsin. Clearly her fanbase has grown. Meh.

"Why do you care so much!?"

UberFaenaticDate: Sunday, 06 Oct 13, 5:56 AM | Message # 93
Rakshasa
Awards: 6
Quote (Fangirl-outlet)
Not sure I could go back to the show without Tamsin. Maybe I'd jump in from time to time for Kenzi, but yeah... though I doubt it'd be Tamsin. Clearly her fanbase has grown. Meh.

Tamsin is someone that I didn't know the show needed until she was there and now, as I'm rewatching the other seasons, I wonder what it would have been like had she been included.

That said, I do not think they're going to kill her off in a permanent way.  If I'm wrong, well, I'll have to cross that bridge when I get to it.

Added (06 Oct 13, 5:56 AM)
---------------------------------------------
I didn't see a thread for Season 3: Those Who Wander...but I had a thought about it and how that could effect this upcoming season.

The potion didn't work and Tamsin said, "Maybe you don't love and trust like you say you do."

And at first I thought that might be a misdirection because one thing we know, is that she trusts Dyson and loves Lauren.

But what if she was starting to question that love? At least subconsciously?

When she was talking to the Spriggan, the tone of voice she used when talking about how important Lauren was to her and how much she loved her was the same tone of voice she used when saying they were just on a break.  Meaning, it was like she was trying to convince herself of it.

Now I have no doubt that she is attracted to her and cares about her...but she rarely chose Lauren above other things in her life and it could be that while she does have feelings for her, Lauren doesn't complete her after all.  Perhaps a part of her realizes that Lauren as a human gives her the illusion of normality but that it's phony and falls apart quickly under its own weight because while Bo wants to be more human like, she can never be nor can she have that kind of normal existence.

Then after the Brazenwood kiss...she admitted that she essentially had to process why she kissed Tamsin. Then everything fell apart with Lauren and she held onto that tighter, even though it was damaged treasure because maybe she felt guilty for the fact that she could never be what Lauren needs.

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

Fangirl-outletDate: Sunday, 06 Oct 13, 9:11 AM | Message # 94
Your face sucks
Quote (UberFaenatic)
Then after the Brazenwood kiss...she admitted that she essentially had to process why she kissed Tamsin. Then everything fell apart with Lauren and she held onto that tighter, even though it was damaged treasure because maybe she felt guilty for the fact that she could never be what Lauren needs.

Available to users only

UberFaenaticDate: Sunday, 06 Oct 13, 10:47 AM | Message # 95
Rakshasa
Quote (Fangirl-outlet)
[You need to add 5 more post(s) to see the hidden text]
Okay a few more posts and I'll be able to see what you just wrote. lol

Added (06 Oct 13, 10:47 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Quote (Fangirl-outlet)
That is one thing that always bothered me. Bo feels guilty for so many things, but rarely are they her doing, or of her own control. There are those that blame the crumbling of the doccubus relationship in this season on Bo, but I truly don't see it. Bo spent so much effort in trying to be with Lauren and trying to consider Lauren in everything she did, but she's the Unaligned succubus and the star of the show -- shit got cray and she didn't have the time to truly cater to Lauren's needs or wants, and somehow that was her fault. It's not just with Lauren, she tends to take the weight of most of the failures in the show, which bugs. Not sure if the writers will ever address this, but if I thought that they would, I'd wonder when our lovely succubus might just snap.
 Well that's the thing.  Bo is to blame...and so is Lauren.  In fact, I put more of the weight on Lauren's shoulders because she tried to make Bo something she wasn't, and then dumped her when she finally accepted that Bo could never give her what she needs.

Bo is still pretty new to the relationship thing but even she had to be aware that they never really worked anything out.  After Brazenwood, Lauren sequestered herself to try to figure out a medical way to help Bo while Bo is desperately trying to reach her to apologize.  They just have different ways of dealing with their issues.

And the truth of the matter is, Bo will always have a crazy life with crazy needs. She'll always require an insane amount of sex and variety and more passion than she can ever get from a human.

She was always aware of Lauren's humanity, and knows she can never lose control or feed off her like she needs.

And they both knew this...but they both ignored it because there is a connection between them.  

I get it though.  Lauren wanted Bo and she was willing to live in the unreality for as long as she could because Bo was worth the trade off...until she wasn't.  But I still blame her for sideswiping Bo and not even giving her the courtesy of attempting to try to work things out or even allowing Bo any input on her unilateral decision to end things.

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

Post edited by UberFaenatic - Sunday, 06 Oct 13, 10:50 AM

SHCDate: Sunday, 06 Oct 13, 12:24 PM | Message # 96
Bounty Hunter
Awards: 10
Quote (UberFaenatic)
That said, I do not think they're going to kill her off in a permanent way.  If I'm wrong, well, I'll have to cross that bridge when I get to it.

Just wondering, if you don't think it's Tamsin given the funeral spoiler, who do you think it's gonna be? or do you think it's gonna be just to create the impression that someone will die but in reality it's unrelated to the HSG?

Quote (UberFaenatic)
I didn't see a thread for Season 3: Those Who Wander...but I had a thought about it and how that could effect this upcoming season.

I apologize for this, I thought Falala had finished them    Anyway I will get them up as soon as I finish here.

UberFaenaticDate: Sunday, 06 Oct 13, 1:22 PM | Message # 97
Rakshasa
Quote (SheHadACorpse)
Just wondering, if you don't think it's Tamsin given the funeral spoiler, who do you think it's gonna be? or do you think it's gonna be just to create the impression that someone will die but in reality it's unrelated to the HSG?
I don't know. I just don't think they'd kill her off in a permanent way.  I do suspect she'll die but in a reborn way like we talked about earlier...and that just seems weird if they killed her, reborned her and then killed her for good in the end?

SHCDate: Sunday, 06 Oct 13, 1:35 PM | Message # 98
Bounty Hunter
Quote (UberFaenatic)
I don't know. I just don't think they'd kill her off in a permanent way.  I do suspect she'll die but in a reborn way like we talked about earlier...and that just seems weird if they killed her, reborned her and then killed her for good in the end?

I guess I just have too many diff scenarios in my head, if she is reborn in the first episodes or something then I agree they wouldn't kill her off for good at the end. But there is also the possibility they will stretch her whole I'm dying arc to the later episodes and that's what worries me. "I'm so stubborn. I should have expired years ago"  her reluctance to expire is what puzzles me and makes me conjure up all these fucked up scenarios that she is on her last one or something.

UberFaenaticDate: Sunday, 06 Oct 13, 1:38 PM | Message # 99
Rakshasa
Available to users only.

SHCDate: Sunday, 06 Oct 13, 2:01 PM | Message # 100
Bounty Hunter
Available to users only

UberFaenaticDate: Sunday, 06 Oct 13, 2:20 PM | Message # 101
Rakshasa
Right but she also made a point of not liking the idea of making humans fae. And she supposedly wants to embrace her humanity apart from the fae.  Becoming one of them kind of makes all of that moot.  Besides, making her fae only deals with the physical side of their relationship.  Bo can let loose with her sexy with Lauren for the first time...but that doesn't change the rest of it.  Emotionally, psychologically...they are still incompatible.  That doesn't make them better at communicating with each other and it doesn't change the facts that Bo can't give Lauren what she needs.  And if it does mean that, if they have to fundamentally change who Lauren is from top to bottom to make her "fit"...then that highlights that it's all phony.

Eternal-DustDate: Sunday, 06 Oct 13, 3:21 PM | Message # 102
Food > You
Awards: 11
Available to users only

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

UberFaenaticDate: Sunday, 06 Oct 13, 4:13 PM | Message # 103
Rakshasa
Quote (Eternal-Dust)
The doccubus fans (the ones I've come across anyway) would really eat their words if Lauren does become fae, given how much they've expressed that fae/fae relationships are boring.

Whereas I think they're hot.  Bo can go full on succubusing with Dyson or Tamsin in a way she could never, ever with Lauren.  And frankly after awhile, no matter what she says, that would have to become dull for her...all vanilla, all the time.  She would friggin' starve, for one thing.

Fangirl-outletDate: Sunday, 06 Oct 13, 4:23 PM | Message # 104
Your face sucks
Quote (UberFaenatic)
all vanilla, all the time.  She would friggin' starve, for one thing.

She already did. She almost died because of her relationship with Lauren early on in the season. It was painful to watch her go back to that, and then get treated the way she did for having to heal by a means other than Lauren (she had no intentions to feed to heal until Dyson came along. To get in trouble for being forced by a friend to get help pisses me off.)

UberFaenaticDate: Sunday, 06 Oct 13, 4:29 PM | Message # 105
Rakshasa
What really bothered me was her "no Dyson" caveat.  Now I get that she would say for regular feeding "no Dyson"...but what if Bo found herself in another life/death situation?  Would she die to keep her word?  Given that she was practically dead already because she refused to feed even though she had a biological imperative to do so in order to keep the illusion of the relationship alive (the illusion that she's just another average human woman), I suspect she would refuse him once she made that vow to Lauren.

Post edited by UberFaenatic - Sunday, 06 Oct 13, 4:29 PM

Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » General S4 Spoilers
Search: