• «
Forum moderator: Lanie, Valkyrior  
Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep 4x13 : "Dark horse"
Ep 4x13 : "Dark horse"
SlightlyTwistedDate: Thursday, 20 Feb 14, 1:38 AM | Message # 31
Rakshasa
Group: Users
Awards: 5
I see where you're coming from Isabel, and understand your thought process. 
However, Tamsin is not alone anymore. She has friends/family, a place where she belongs, as opposed to being alone, and not even having friends that would be willing to "walk two blocks to get her out of a bear trap". 
That's a world of difference for her, and something I'd much more want to see explored and experienced, than another ship. Not to mention having to introduce another character to the show to be her love interest, and divide the screen time up even more, since I think no matter our differing views, we're all opposed to Dyson as a viable option for her. 

Plus, it's just nice to have strong independent females on screen, where their story doesn't center around their love life all the time. 
Kenzi used to be that, and the one I identified the most with. I hope she will be that again. Maybe then I'd be more open to the possibility of Tamsin getting a love interest that isn't Bo.

However we're not the ones writing this show, so we can discuss this matter until we're blue in the face, and it won't change a damned thing, haha. So, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree wink

Isabel_QDate: Thursday, 20 Feb 14, 1:56 AM | Message # 32
Drunk Valkyrie
Awards: 13
Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
However we're not the ones writing this show, so we can discuss this matter until we're blue in the face, and it won't change a damned thing, haha. So, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree
Ha ha. Yes okay.
I love to see her independent like that. Kinda like the way she was in the first eps of S3, but less bitchy, doesn't hate Bo, and just doing her detective work and being badass altogether. I would like that.

If she will just be friends with Bo, I want the writers to stop the torture.
1. No chi sucking Tamsin
2. No lovesick puppy looks at Bo
3. No longing looks at Bo
4. No hooking up with Dyson or.....Bo

Just hang out as friends and fight as a family.

SlightlyTwistedDate: Thursday, 20 Feb 14, 2:07 AM | Message # 33
Rakshasa
Now, that is something I could get on board with wink

Isabel_QDate: Thursday, 20 Feb 14, 2:14 AM | Message # 34
Drunk Valkyrie
Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
Now, that is something I could get on board with wink
YES! hug

Added (20 Feb 14, 2:14 AM)
---------------------------------------------
SlightlyTwisted, what do you think about Rainer? The SOB took a lot of kisses and screen time to just die like that!
And the Wanderer?

SlightlyTwistedDate: Thursday, 20 Feb 14, 2:31 AM | Message # 35
Rakshasa
He was just such a waste of the time and effort that went into him. I'm just dumbfounded. He was nothing but a pawn for the writers to drag out this storyline even further. It would have resolved so much better if he had just been Bo's father, like we originally thought, and the real big bad.

All I'm left with after that atrocity is just "what the hell?"

All he was really good for was killing the una mens. and all that resulted in was Massimo eating the origin seed, which resulted in.. nothing. He still would have killed Hale, as he did that before he ate it, so that wouldn't change. And the writers could have skipped all that Massimo being Evony's son and how all that ended, which came out of nowhere and annoyed the fuck out of me. Such reveals are only good if they have been built up, or hinted at for more than a few episodes.
So without Rainers uselessness, we could have skipped all that. He could have been her father, wanted to kill the una mens, get the seed, become the even bigger big bad, and if necessary the writers could have come up with a way for Kenzi to still sacrifice herself without the portal. Or the portal could have been for a different purpose, and opened by something else than Rainer and Bo's bonding. Right?
Why take the long way around, when it could have been done so much better, and with more consistency? It pisses me off to tell you truth. This whole season, just.. bleugh!

Post edited by SlightlyTwisted - Thursday, 20 Feb 14, 2:47 AM

Isabel_QDate: Thursday, 20 Feb 14, 2:51 AM | Message # 36
Drunk Valkyrie
Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
So without Rainers uselessness, we could have skipped all that. He could have been her father, wanted to kill the una mens, get the seed, become the even bigger big bad, and if necessary the writers could have come up with a way for Kenzi to still sacrifice herself without the portal. Or the portal could have been for a different purpose, and opened by something else than useless Rainers death. Right?
Yes!
I really thought Rainer is the Wanderer! all the clues points that way.

Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
It pisses me off to tell you truth. This whole season, just.. bleugh!
It's a big disappointment after the high expectations at the end of S3.

I'm really appalled at the Vag*** serum bit and making Evony human

SlightlyTwistedDate: Thursday, 20 Feb 14, 3:12 AM | Message # 37
Rakshasa
Quote Isabel_Q ()
I'm really appalled at the Vag*** serum bit and making Evony human
Oh, absolutely!
Disgusting! Why not just put it in her coffee or something? And that was yet another thing that came out of nowhere. 
She learned how to make human fae, just last season, and that takes an operation. But suddenly she knows how to turn fae human, and all that takes is a serum and that's that?

I'm gonna bet that Lauren is talked into making Evony fae again at the beginning of season 5, and the whole making her human to begin with was just the writers way of changing the power structure between Evony and Massimo, which was a pointless storyline to begin with. Just a waste!

I swear, these writers.. I think they sometimes have an idea of where they want to go, but they have no idea how to make it work for all their characters to be involved, so they make up this pointless stuff just to have something for everybody, and it screws everything up.

Isabel_QDate: Thursday, 20 Feb 14, 4:35 AM | Message # 38
Drunk Valkyrie
Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
Oh, absolutely!Disgusting! Why not just put it in her coffee or something? And that was yet another thing that came out of nowhere.
Totally, in her coffee or water after sex. But not that way!
I couldn't watch it! I just stumbled on it, read it somewhere.
I'm sooo horrified that they did that! , talk about no morals whatsoever.
What the F where they thinking?
It's just a low blow.
There is a line and it shouldn't be crossed, whatsoever.
I felt sick to my stomach and ill after I found out.

Available to users only
Well, nice talking to you sis! hug

Added (20 Feb 14, 4:35 AM)
Ohh, yes, I remember, I read it in MB's tumbler.

Post edited by Isabel_Q - Thursday, 20 Feb 14, 4:18 AM

SlightlyTwistedDate: Thursday, 20 Feb 14, 3:40 PM | Message # 39
Rakshasa
Quote Isabel_Q ()
Can Lauren go any lower than that? How can you root or even like a character that would do such a cowardly, evil thing like that?
Those kind of moves are for villains.
When you think they can't ruin Laurens character any more, they find a way to top themselves.
Incredible. How can anyone still root for this woman? I don't even know. She's just becoming more and more unredeemable.
If they're not going in the direction of actually making Lauren the big bad at some point, then I don't even know what they are thinking.
But knowing how the writers love Zoie/Lauren, they're probably gonna make her the one to solve the conflict between either the light and dark, or end up making everyone fae or human, to solve everything all together and have her be the big "hero". It sickens me!

Post edited by SlightlyTwisted - Thursday, 20 Feb 14, 3:40 PM

Isabel_QDate: Friday, 21 Feb 14, 2:46 AM | Message # 40
Drunk Valkyrie
Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
When you think they can't ruin Laurens character any more, they find a way to top themselves.Incredible. How can anyone still root for this woman? I don't even know. She's just becoming more and more unredeemable.
I don't know, I never liked liars, traitors and cowardly people.

Added (21 Feb 14, 2:32 AM)

Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
But knowing how the writers love Zoie/Lauren, they're probably gonna make her the one to solve the conflict between either the light and dark, or end up making everyone fae or human, to solve everything all together and have her be the big "hero". It sickens me!
WHA----T! wacko
That would be laughable!
I think I finally had it with this show, they better bring back Kenzi or its good bye.
I think Kenzi as the BIG HERO would be better.
Not Lauren, never to be Lauren because of so many reasons.

You know, I think I'm okay with BoLo together again, I think they deserve each other.

Added (21 Feb 14, 2:46 AM)
SlightlyTwisted, Do you think Kenzi entered Valhalla? Based on Tamsin's reaction, I think she didn't.

SlightlyTwistedDate: Friday, 21 Feb 14, 2:46 AM | Message # 41
Rakshasa
I wish we could have a Kenzi and Tamsin spin off, and let the doccubots keep this trainwreck for themselves.

No, I do not think Kenzi is in Valhalla. I think she's in Hell or something sad

Post edited by SlightlyTwisted - Friday, 21 Feb 14, 2:47 AM

Isabel_QDate: Friday, 21 Feb 14, 3:48 AM | Message # 42
Drunk Valkyrie
Available to users only

Added (21 Feb 14, 3:48 AM)

Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
I wish we could have a Kenzi and Tamsin spin off, and let the doccubots keep this trainwreck for themselves.
OMG, YES PLEASE!
Quote SlightlyTwisted ()
No, I do not think Kenzi is in Valhalla. I think she's in Hell or something
OMG, NO!!!

What could possible happened to Tamsin and Kenzi on their journey that left Tamsin scared and drained? (she can't even walk!)

SlightlyTwistedDate: Friday, 21 Feb 14, 5:08 AM | Message # 43
Rakshasa
Quote Isabel_Q ()
OMG, NO!!! What could possible happened to Tamsin and Kenzi on their journey that left Tamsin scared and drained? (she can't even walk!)
I don't know.. But it must have been awful!
The things that point towards Hell, or rather, the norwegian mythological Hel which is both a place and a goddess, (which I have previously theorized upon Bo being/becoming);
- The underworld where the Leviathan is. Bo is supposed to go back there for someone close to her that died, and she has yet to do that. I believe this underworld is Hel. I don't understand the Leviathan in all of it, cause she's apparently a sea monster according to mythology? Anyway... 
- Before the finale EA tweeted something along the lines of "Go big, or go to Hel". So obviously Hel has something to do with this, whoever she is, or wherever it is.  And the only person who went anywhere was Kenzi, and by the looks of Tamsin, she didn't end up where she was supposed to.

Hel and Hell isn't quite the same thing though, so it might not be as bad being in, or with, Hel, as it would be in Hell.

Isabel_QDate: Friday, 21 Feb 14, 5:39 AM | Message # 44
Drunk Valkyrie
SlightlyTwisted, I think you broke my brain blink

Post edited by Isabel_Q - Friday, 21 Feb 14, 5:44 AM

SlightlyTwistedDate: Friday, 21 Feb 14, 9:36 AM | Message # 45
Rakshasa
I'm sorry :/ Lol!

Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep 4x13 : "Dark horse"