Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep. 4x05 "Let the Dark Times Roll"
Ep. 4x05 "Let the Dark Times Roll"
nerdmuseumDate: Wednesday, 11 Dec 13, 9:03 PM | Message # 91
Squonk
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Quote Eternal-Dust ()
4. How did shifting save Dyson’s life?

When Dyson mentioned that I figured that as a wolf he's stronger and agile so it made escaping the wreckage less fatal lol. Like... say when he's flying out the window, he's shifting so he's stronger and therefore makes it out (probably hurt like hell, but alive nonetheless).

Added (11 Dec 13, 9:03 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote Eternal-Dust ()
8. Why didn’t Dyson’s wolf love reset after he died?
Actually I'm hoping it did. He now has an immense care, respect and love for Bo but maybe he only thinks she's his life-long mate whatever, but she's actually not. That way they may eventually have him fall for someone else by explaining that. I actually like him better than Lauren, but I'm just not seeing those two (Dyson and Bo) ending up together. It makes no sense to me. Although I'm biased as hell ever since Tamsin showed up.

tankedtamsinDate: Wednesday, 11 Dec 13, 10:10 PM | Message # 92
Spriggan
Quote nerdmuseum ()
When Dyson mentioned that I figured that as a wolf he's stronger and agile so it made escaping the wreckage less fatal lol. Like... say when he's flying out the window, he's shifting so he's stronger and therefore makes it out (probably hurt like hell, but alive nonetheless).
I don't know but I really don't buy Dyson's explanation. Wasn't there black smoke during the crash?

UberFaenaticDate: Wednesday, 11 Dec 13, 11:21 PM | Message # 93
Rakshasa
Awards: 6
Quote Eternal-Dust ()
Well, in ep 4 when she sees Teen Tamsin for the first time, she asked "Do you remember who you work for yet?" And somehow in ep 5 she remembers it was the Wanderer who took her. When did she know this?
Actually she knew in Turn to Stone as well. Remember when the lights go out when she's at Lauren's old place?  She's like, "If you think you can take me away again, Wanderer, you're messing with the wrong succubus."

Earlier at the Dal, Kenzi mentions the Wanderer and Bo reminds her not to mention his name and that he took her from there in a puff of smoke.  So she knew in ep 4.  Actually she probably knew the whole time.  She knew at the end of Those Who Wander that he was the one messing with her in the Dal.  I think the only thing she's truly forgotten is her time on the train.

Added (11 Dec 13, 11:21 PM)

Quote tankedtamsin ()
I don't know but I really don't buy Dyson's explanation. Wasn't there black smoke during the crash?
Yes and I think the smoke took Tamsin.  The Wanderer didn't care about Dyson but Tamsin by her own reckoning, was cursed to suffer by his hand.

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

tankedtamsinDate: Thursday, 12 Dec 13, 0:23 AM | Message # 94
Spriggan
Quote UberFaenatic ()
Yes and I think the smoke took Tamsin.  The Wanderer didn't care about Dyson but Tamsin by her own reckoning, was cursed to suffer by his hand.

So how was she reborn?

Post edited by tankedtamsin - Thursday, 12 Dec 13, 0:24 AM

UberFaenaticDate: Thursday, 12 Dec 13, 0:57 AM | Message # 95
Rakshasa
Quote tankedtamsin ()
So how was she reborn?
I haven't figured that out yet.  But I suspect she was not reborn on earth and that somehow, everyone remembering Bo triggered her return.

I have no idea though.  I'm just going by what I've gleaned from the show, which isn't much. lol

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

Isabel_QDate: Thursday, 12 Dec 13, 3:52 AM | Message # 96
Drunk Valkyrie
Awards: 13
Can we add to the list -
If this is really is Tamsin's last life?and why?  because Tamxiety!
And what's the meaning of getting her wings back? Tamsin said because she was reborn... is it like when you get older you shed your feathers? lol

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Thursday, 12 Dec 13, 4:42 AM | Message # 97
Kitsune
Awards: 5
Quote Isabel_Q
Can we add to the list -  If this is really is Tamsin's last life?and why?  because Tamxiety!  And what's the meaning of getting her wings back? Tamsin said because she was reborn... is it like when you get older you shed your feathers? lol

Maybe cause then Valkyries can fly away to Valhalla for forever. or maybe i don't make sense, I don't know lol
Just I'm tamxieting that she might seriously fly away in the last ep

Added (12 Dec 13, 4:42 AM)
I wish they explored Valkyries more this season, like how many shows you know that have Valkyrie characters? none
It's pretty interesting in itself

Isabel_QDate: Thursday, 12 Dec 13, 7:12 AM | Message # 98
Drunk Valkyrie
Quote ValkyrieLiquorCabinet ()
Just I'm tamxieting that she might seriously fly away in the last ep
Don't worry, didn't Jay said in one interview (London) that they haven't delved in Tamsin's past yet and they meant to do it on the next season? or something like that...

I think Tamsin is flying away to Valhalla this ep. 6 or 7.
What ep. is the Valley of the Valkyries?

tankedtamsinDate: Thursday, 12 Dec 13, 7:18 PM | Message # 99
Spriggan
Quote Isabel_Q ()
Don't worry, didn't Jay said in one interview (London) that they haven't delved in Tamsin's past yet and they meant to do it on the next season? or something like that...
 I really wonder how she ended up working for the Wanderer

UberFaenaticDate: Thursday, 12 Dec 13, 9:42 PM | Message # 100
Rakshasa
Quote tankedtamsin ()
I really wonder how she ended up working for the Wanderer
If we take her at her word, she "pissed off the wrong people" and ended up with a "special assignment".

I for one would like a little more detail here. wink

tankedtamsinDate: Friday, 13 Dec 13, 0:21 AM | Message # 101
Spriggan
Quote UberFaenatic ()
If we take her at her word, she "pissed off the wrong people" and ended up with a "special assignment". I for one would like a little more detail here.
 Yeah that is really vague LOL.

Isabel_QDate: Friday, 13 Dec 13, 2:08 AM | Message # 102
Drunk Valkyrie
That's why we really need a flashback.
But, it looks like we are not going to get it this season.

Fangirl-outletDate: Sunday, 15 Dec 13, 1:36 AM | Message # 103
Your face sucks
Group: Administrators
Awards: 8
Quote UberFaenatic ()
Actually she knew in Turn to Stone as well. Remember when the lights go out when she's at Lauren's old place?  She's like, "If you think you can take me away again, Wanderer, you're messing with the wrong succubus." Earlier at the Dal, Kenzi mentions the Wanderer and Bo reminds her not to mention his name and that he took her from there in a puff of smoke.  So she knew in ep 4.  Actually she probably knew the whole time.  She knew at the end of Those Who Wander that he was the one messing with her in the Dal.  I think the only thing she's truly forgotten is her time on the train.
Then why play dumb? Or why not ask a more appropriate question? Probably just shitty writing, but it's a question worth asking.

And I still think the smoke could really have just been the Wanderer exiting the truck. Just because it was seen leaving didn't necessarily have to mean anything else.

Based on the writing this season, I still don't think they'll go into any real further explanation into the rebirth thing. I think that the fact that Tamsin was reborn is the only answer that we'll get this season regarding that specific event.

Most of your responses to these questions are just speculation, which is the point of the questions in the first place. Should we really have to speculate to get the whole story? I don't want to have to create half the story in my mind.

"Why do you care so much!?"

UberFaenaticDate: Sunday, 15 Dec 13, 9:09 AM | Message # 104
Rakshasa
You're right... I do totally have a lot of speculation going on and that is frustrating.  lol

That said, we were told that we'd find out about Bo and Tamsin and that they have a connection from long before Bo was born.  We also have the fact that Dyson went to the crash site daily at the same time.  Why make a point of that?  And why did he go daily if he never found anything?  It seems that was to make it clear that Tamsin was not there in any form.  Given how quickly a valkyrie ages...she went from little squirt to full grown Rachel in two weeks...and we know that Dyson went there daily for a month, that's a major clue that something else intervened during the crash.

Tamsin had warned Bo that both of them had been cursed.  I think they've said enough both in interviews and in set up (as ham fisted as it might be) that we'll learn more about where Tamsin was during that month.

Also... the maid on the train...she saw Bo and made a point of saying how her eyes were both brown and blue, an obvious call back to the bathtub scene.  That seems extremely prophecy-ish to me.

We don't know who Rainer is...but what if he is Odin?  If that's the case, then Tamsin as his servant might have a connection to Bo as her shieldmaiden, for all we know.  And btw...I've looked into Odin and valkyries, and haven't found any indication in the two sites I've used for reference that Odin fathered the valkyries literally.  He was their master but that's the extent of it. 

Also interesting, the wings are on the horses of the valkyries, generally speaking, not the valkyries themselves.  So that makes seeing the wings extra awesome on our Tamsin. It also means the show will make up and change whatever it wants to to fit its agenda and plan for the character.

I shudder to think. wink

Fangirl-outletDate: Sunday, 15 Dec 13, 7:17 PM | Message # 105
Your face sucks
Group: Administrators
Awards: 8
Quote UberFaenatic ()
You're right... I do totally have a lot of speculation going on and that is frustrating.  lol
lol I meant everyone in general. All of the speculation is valid, it's just not a canon response to the questions that are asking for a canon response. The fact of the matter is that we /are/ having to paint half of the story in our heads to get a clear answer of what the hell is going on. That's pretty annoying.

"Why do you care so much!?"

Forum » Lost Girl » Season 4 » Ep. 4x05 "Let the Dark Times Roll"
Search: