• »
Forum » Lost Girl » Season 3 » Ep. 3x13 "Those Who Wander"
Ep. 3x13 "Those Who Wander"
SHCDate: Sunday, 06 Oct 13, 2:13 PM | Message # 1
Bounty Hunter
Group: Administrators
Awards: 10
Those Who Wander

Synopsis: Bo attempts an unlikely rescue against an army to save two people who are dear to her – unaware of the dangers facing those she leaves behind. Kenzi has an epiphany about Hale. Dyson is given an important clue to Bo’s past, just as doubt is cast on his own future.

Written by: Emily Andras 
Directed by: Ron Murphy
Original Airdate: April 14, 2013

UberFaenaticDate: Sunday, 06 Oct 13, 2:21 PM | Message # 2
Rakshasa
Group: Users
Awards: 6
Oh hey! Here you are.  Hi thread!  wink

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

SHCDate: Tuesday, 08 Oct 13, 11:11 AM | Message # 3
Bounty Hunter
Awards: 10
Quote (UberFaenatic)
Oh hey! Here you are.  Hi thread!

Hey! I missed your post here. I was going to ask you if you could paste your post regarding the rune bottle here. It seems like it got completely lost in that other thread.

Available to users only

UberFaenaticDate: Tuesday, 08 Oct 13, 1:01 PM | Message # 4
Rakshasa
Quote (SheHadACorpse)
Hey! I missed your post here. I was going to ask you if you could paste your post regarding the rune bottle here. It seems like it got completely lost in that other thread.

Here you go!

The potion didn't work and Tamsin said, "Maybe you don't love and trust like you say you do."

And at first I thought that might be a misdirection because one thing we know, is that she trusts Dyson and loves Lauren.

But what if she was starting to question that love? At least subconsciously?

When she was talking to the Spriggan, the tone of voice she used when talking about how important Lauren was to her and how much she loved her was the same tone of voice she used when saying they were just on a break.  Meaning, it was like she was trying to convince herself of it.

Now I have no doubt that she is attracted to her and cares about her...but she rarely chose Lauren above other things in her life and it could be that while she does have feelings for her, Lauren doesn't complete her after all.  Perhaps a part of her realizes that Lauren as a human gives her the illusion of normality but that it's phony and falls apart quickly under its own weight because while Bo wants to be more human like, she can never be nor can she have that kind of normal
existence.

Then after the Brazenwood kiss...she admitted that she essentially had to process why she kissed Tamsin. Then everything fell apart with Lauren and she held onto that tighter, even though it was damaged treasure because maybe she felt guilty for the fact that she could never be what Lauren needs.

Quote (SheHadACorpse)
Anyway, I just watched this episode and remembered that many people thought Bo was a bystander during this whole episode and that it made her look weak somehow. Maybe its me, but my take on this episode was completely different to that. I think Bo was in control the whole time, specially in regards to Tamsin, she knew what Tamsin was up to. The fact that she took half of Tamsin's pick me up and let her get rid of the guards was Bo's way of keeping an advantage over Tamsin because she knew what was coming. Tamsin's line of "played it well" solidifies that for me.

What the hey? A bystander?  What episode did they watch? lol

Bo was absolutely in control the whole time. She starts out trying to help Tamsin with her chi but it doesn't work (I think because Tamsin is at the end of her natural lifecycle, not because she's injured because Bo's chi would heal injury).  She knew from the call from Massimo that Tamsin was setting up to betray her.

She took her to get help from the Kitsune sorority brats. She went with Tamsin to meet Massimo, and leaves them, knowing Tamsin is in the process of betraying her.

She takes Tamsin back to the observatory, and initiates a plan to escape and help everyone else escape and like you point out, juices herself up (so to speak wink off of Tamsin's chi).  In no way was she passive and frankly I find that to be a bizarre interpretation of events.

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

Post edited by UberFaenatic - Tuesday, 08 Oct 13, 1:01 PM

Eternal-DustDate: Tuesday, 08 Oct 13, 1:23 PM | Message # 5
Food > You
Awards: 11
Those are pretty much my thoughts on why the rune bottle didn't work; though I wonder if Tam Tam saying the ingredients wrong was an error on the writers' part or it was intentional.

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

UberFaenaticDate: Sunday, 27 Oct 13, 2:26 AM | Message # 6
Rakshasa
I just rewatched Those Who Wander and noticed something I missed before.  Right before the Meryl Streep scene, Tamsin and Bo were walking toward the facility and Tamsin has a moment where she has a minor freak out...she didn't want to go forward with their plan because she said it was going to hurt.  Bo urges her on and they proceed.

I find it interesting for a couple reasons.  One, she shares what is an obvious weak moment with Bo.  Earlier in the episode, she was distressed that the Kitsune brats might have told Bo she was dying and I had thought that was because she didn't want Bo to see her as weak.  But now I wonder what she was upset about. 

The second reason is that she never stops.  Sure, she voices a moment's weakness with Bo, but she doesn't slow down, she doesn't pause.  She continues forward and, after that moment, never shows any indication that she had any reservations at all about going forward.

Fangirl-outletDate: Sunday, 27 Oct 13, 10:25 PM | Message # 7
Your face sucks
Awards: 8
Quote UberFaenatic ()
I just rewatched Those Who Wander and noticed something I missed before.  Right before the Meryl Streep scene, Tamsin and Bo were walking toward the facility and Tamsin has a moment where she has a minor freak out...she didn't want to go forward with their plan because she said it was going to hurt.  Bo urges her on and they proceed.
That part always breaks my heart. She knew that she was going to suffer for helping Bo, and despite possible doubts regarding the situation as a whole, she decided to push on -- whether it was to help Bo, or to betray her... or even both. But it's kind of a painful moment, because she knows the pain and the cost and she's briefly afraid of it, but she doesn't let that stop her.

"Why do you care so much!?"

UberFaenaticDate: Sunday, 27 Oct 13, 10:59 PM | Message # 8
Rakshasa
This woman kills me. It's these kinds of things that jumped her to favorite character status for me. 

Fangirl-outletDate: Thursday, 31 Oct 13, 11:54 PM | Message # 9
Your face sucks
I think it's kind of brilliant that her fae ability is doubt, considering that seems to be the one thing that's tormenting her towards the end.

JTDate: Friday, 01 Nov 13, 1:06 AM | Message # 10
Kitsune
Awards: 4
My take on why the rune bottle didn't work properly is more with how Tamsin interpreted the list of ingredients. I personally would think that who we love the most and trust the most would be one person and not two different people. Because I don't think I could truly love someone I don't trust. AND we see through 3 seasons show Bo and what's her face don't really trust each other. If Bo has a hard time telling the truth about returning an owed favour during 3x08 then there's no hope for the relationship, but I'm digressing.

I won't delve into the whole Bo being a passive bystander because I agree with what E said, and it's silly to repeat it in my own words.

As for why Bo couldn't heal Tamsin with the chi she was sucking from the minions isn't really due to Tamsin being at the end of her life cycle. During that scene (paraphrasing because I'm too lazy to play the ep to quote it properly) Bo asks why it isn't working when her chi sort of floats away and sort of goes back to the minion, he says something along the lines of it's probably his fault before he passes out (from being knocked around like a punching bag). But that's my interpretation of that scene.

"My personality is who I am... my attitude depends on who you are..."

Fangirl-outletDate: Friday, 01 Nov 13, 4:01 PM | Message # 11
Your face sucks
Quote JT ()
As for why Bo couldn't heal Tamsin with the chi she was sucking from the minions isn't really due to Tamsin being at the end of her life cycle. During that scene (paraphrasing because I'm too lazy to play the ep to quote it properly) Bo asks why it isn't working when her chi sort of floats away and sort of goes back to the minion, he says something along the lines of it's probably his fault before he passes out (from being knocked around like a punching bag). But that's my interpretation of that scene.

My problem with that is that A) it makes no sense for the human guards to have something that protects them from the succubus power when they think that the shifter wolf is the most powerful fae. They have no reason to think that they'll be faced with another succubus. cool He was under her charm. To him, if there's anything wrong with Bo and there's no one explicitly to blame, it's his fault. It just simply is. C) The entire episode was just a nice little journey of discovery for Bo regarding Tamsin. It fits snugly into the theme of the episode, and furthermore gives Tamsin more depth as a character. It adds an entire new question to the list of ones already waiting for her. D) Why would they subtly mention something like that in passing conversation when they had no intention of going back to it? That was the last episode of the season, it's not one of the ones that got cut. They never had any intention of going back an adding details to that scene, which means they likely had no reason to create some non-explanation to not explain why Tamsin could't be restored. 

Now, I don't necessarily think that it has anything to do with her cycle. It might simply have something to do with her race. Casey and Amanda said that the way of the valkyrie consisted of "to live, to serve, to expire. Over and over again." To serve. My theory is likely a tad far fetched, but if valkryies are meant to serve, why would they be accepting of a healing from the warriors that they are meant to protect? Especially if it's just going to hurt the warrior in the end. Though, saying "warrior" is quite a stretch. Meh. Mostly I think that Tamsin's job as a valkyrie is to fight, to protect, and to win, not to be a burden. That said, my followup theory is pretty much that she's at the end of her life cycle and it's a fixed thing.

LanieDate: Saturday, 02 Nov 13, 3:44 PM | Message # 12
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
  Poor Tamsin.   
x

Eternal-DustDate: Saturday, 02 Nov 13, 4:29 PM | Message # 13
Food > You
That scene is so heartbreaking to me. Typical Tam Tam tries to snark through it. sad

x

JTDate: Saturday, 02 Nov 13, 8:53 PM | Message # 14
Kitsune
Notice how Bo still looks very concerned for Tamsin even though she knows she will be betrayed sooner or later.

They're meant to be.

"My personality is who I am... my attitude depends on who you are..."

Eternal-DustDate: Saturday, 02 Nov 13, 9:27 PM | Message # 15
Food > You
Because she knows deep down that Tamsin would never hurt her. Sure, Tamsin went through with the rune bottle but she was told that it would make Bo "putty" in her hands. Even if that were to happen, I doubt Tamsin would actually deliver Bo. 

She could have used the rune bottle at ANY TIME prior to entering Taft's compound, but she didn't. She went through with Bo's plan to save the captured fae and knock out all the guards. Why? I think Tamsin was going along with the plan expecting to die by the end of it. And then Bo surprises her AGAIN by refusing to kill her and spurring her to fight back.

Forum » Lost Girl » Season 3 » Ep. 3x13 "Those Who Wander"
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: