Forum » Lost Girl » Season 3 » Ep. 3x12 "Hail Hale"
Ep. 3x12 "Hail Hale"
SHCDate: Sunday, 06 Oct 13, 2:10 PM | Message # 1
Bounty Hunter
Group: Administrators
Awards: 10
Hail Hale

Synopsis
: Chaos strikes during a daring attack on The Dal, leaving the fate of one of the gang in the balance. Meanwhile, The Morrigan leaps on the opportunity to ignite the tensions between Light and Dark… catching Kenzi and Hale in the crossfire.

Written by: Stephen Cochraine
Directed by: Steve DiMarco
Original Airdate: April 7, 2013

LanieDate: Wednesday, 16 Oct 13, 7:29 AM | Message # 2
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Thank you, Steve Cochrane, for this lovely scene.

x

Post edited by Lanie - Wednesday, 16 Oct 13, 7:33 AM

Eternal-DustDate: Thursday, 17 Oct 13, 12:54 PM | Message # 3
Food > You
Awards: 11
Hands down, one of the most romantic, well-written and acted scenes on the show. I get feels every time I rewatch it. Tamsin is practically pouring her heart out, but she does it so honestly that Bo is almost confused. It's like she isn't used to anyone being this straightforward to her

Bo: "I'm alright, but I'm not perfect."
Tamsin: "Yes, you are. To me, you are."

JTDate: Thursday, 17 Oct 13, 4:50 PM | Message # 4
Kitsune
Group: Users
Quote Eternal-Dust ()
Tamsin is practically pouring her heart out, but she does it so honestly that Bo is almost confused. It's like she isn't used to anyone being this straightforward to her
That's because no one has. Everyone in her life has lied to her, usually using the "it's for her own good" bs line to justify their lies. Some (who shall remain nameless for now) do it because they're selfish. Even Kenzi lied to her about what happened with The Norn. Bo only found out because of the kitsunes.

But, yeah, that is by far one of my favourite scenes of s3. I still maintain that Bo was expecting a kiss when Tamsin got up.

"My personality is who I am... my attitude depends on who you are..."

Fangirl-outletDate: Thursday, 17 Oct 13, 7:51 PM | Message # 5
Your face sucks
Awards: 8
Quote JT ()
But, yeah, that is by far one of my favourite scenes of s3. I still maintain that Bo was expecting a kiss when Tamsin got up.

How could she not? That scene was so intense, and there were sparks everywhere. Gah.

"Why do you care so much!?"

LanieDate: Friday, 18 Oct 13, 4:36 AM | Message # 6
Rakshasa
Group: Moderators
Available to users only

UberFaenaticDate: Sunday, 27 Oct 13, 2:30 AM | Message # 7
Rakshasa
Awards: 6
Did you all notice that when they get to Taft's compound, Tamsin's first response is to urge Bo to go somewhere far away?  This is moments before she asks Bo, "why do you care so much".  To me it just emphasizes how completely undone Bo makes her.  She's already set the wheels in motion to betray her, and yet, here she is trying to get her to go somewhere safe and away from the danger.

And of course seconds later she takes a bullet for her.  Gah ... this woman is just so amazingly and deliciously complex.

As for the bathtub scene, there's one specific moment that gets me every time.  She tells Bo she's perfect...and Bo says she isn't.  There's this vulnerable, tender expression she wears that says, "yes of course you'd say you're not perfect, which is another proof of your perfection."  It's just a second or so...but it's so deep.  I've seen some say that she's jealous of Bo or motivated by envy...and I think to a small extent she is envious of Bo and her friendships and her nobility and honor.  But that one expression is none of those things.  It's not angry or bitter...it's tender and loving.

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

Post edited by UberFaenatic - Sunday, 27 Oct 13, 2:34 AM

Eternal-DustDate: Sunday, 27 Oct 13, 3:57 AM | Message # 8
Food > You
Quote UberFaenatic ()
As for the bathtub scene, there's one specific moment that gets me every time.  She tells Bo she's perfect...and Bo says she isn't.  There's this vulnerable, tender expression she wears that says, "yes of course you'd say you're not perfect, which is another proof of your perfection."  It's just a second or so...but it's so deep.  I've seen some say that she's jealous of Bo or motivated by envy...and I think to a small extent she is envious of Bo and her friendships and her nobility and honor.  But that one expression is none of those things.  It's not angry or bitter...it's tender and loving.

Wow, thanks for bringing this up. No, really. I'm rewatching it again at 1am. My feels man. I see the look. It's a little scoff when Bo says "I'm not perfect" which means something like "are you kidding me? if I can see it, why can't you?"

I don't think she's envious at all. By now, she's aware of the differences between herself and Bo and why Bo has all these nice things and she doesn't. She wants them too, but she understands why she doesn't have them. And Bo eventually makes her realize that she can have them if she's brave enough to "fight" for them.

UberFaenaticDate: Sunday, 27 Oct 13, 5:48 AM | Message # 9
Rakshasa
Right.  I think "envy" is the negative way to put it, the more that I think of it.  I think instead it's longing.

Think back to Kenzi Scale.  We see that she has a very specific brand of justice.  Seeing Bo put away for something she knew she wasn't guilty of just because she felt she was guilty of something else offended her sense of honor.  And I think another reason for that walk about was so that she could see for herself up close and personal who Bo was and what motivated her, after having a taste of it for the few episodes prior.

So she listens to Bo berate herself for being such a horrible friend while she sees Bo tearing herself apart to rescue Kenzi.  She gets Bo to explain what Kenzi means to her and hears a heartfelt expression of the deep abiding love she has for her human little sister.  She listens as Bo begs her to save Kenzi...a mere human...if something were to happen to her.  She sees and experiences Bo's selflessness, love and compassion for others.

None of which matches the image she was given of Bo or the boilerplate for who and what a succubus is. 

And at the end, we see her look on with such a look of heartbreaking longing and genuinely tender expression at Bo hugging Kenzi...seeing Bo's appreciation for her help in her eyes.  Who knows how long it's been since she's seen anything like that directed toward her.  Given how she described her life and situation, how her friends wouldn't walk two blocks to release her from a bear trap, how Acacia and she referred to her role as a mercenary and bounty hunter... I'll bet it's been a long, long time.  I think that's part of her longing looks when she sees Bo's heart...when she talks about her virtue and strength and integrity.

"And I wonder...can you really know yourself without memory? I mean, can you really know what you want?" - Bo Dennis, "Of All the Gin Joints"

ValkyrieLiquorCabinetDate: Tuesday, 29 Oct 13, 9:44 AM | Message # 10
Kitsune
Awards: 5
Quote UberFaenatic
So she listens to Bo berate herself for being such a horrible friend while she sees Bo tearing herself apart to rescue Kenzi. She gets Bo to explain what Kenzi means to her and hears a heartfelt expression of the deep abiding love she has for her human little sister. She listens as Bo begs her to save Kenzi...a mere human...if something were to happen to her. She sees and experiences Bo's selflessness, love and compassion for others. None of which matches the image she was given of Bo or the boilerplate for who and what a succubus is.

~~~~ oh my feels *ugly crying*

Post edited by ValkyrieLiquorCabinet - Tuesday, 29 Oct 13, 9:45 AM

Eternal-DustDate: Wednesday, 30 Oct 13, 10:22 PM | Message # 11
Food > You
Guys, guys. 

i was talking with rachel re: tamsin’s arc this past season blah blah, i asked her how she took the bathtub scene - as romantic or notcos i ship valkubus cough - and she said it was meant to be ambiguous but she played it as a love confession. thinking back i really should’ve recorded it for fandom but my hands were full.

[x]

So Rachel interpreted the bathtub scene as a love confession. Oh gawd. She's killing me.

UberFaenaticDate: Wednesday, 30 Oct 13, 10:53 PM | Message # 12
Rakshasa
Dude.

You're just killing me.  I'm getting really weepy now. It's pathetic. lol

Post edited by UberFaenatic - Wednesday, 30 Oct 13, 10:53 PM

Eternal-DustDate: Wednesday, 30 Oct 13, 10:54 PM | Message # 13
Food > You
Was there ever any doubt??? Lol. 

UberFaenaticDate: Wednesday, 30 Oct 13, 10:58 PM | Message # 14
Rakshasa
In my heart? No. But you know how insidious #tamxiety can be.  nervous

Eternal-DustDate: Wednesday, 30 Oct 13, 11:02 PM | Message # 15
Food > You
That's true. I'm still getting #tamxiety even when I know Rachel's coming back and Tamsin's alive. Is she even going to be in the first episode? Will anyone mention her at all? Bo is the only one who knows what Tamsin sacrificed to stand up to the Wanderer. Just the thought that everyone might blame her on the events that follow makes me a sad panda. sad

Forum » Lost Girl » Season 3 » Ep. 3x12 "Hail Hale"
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: